Character First Impression

Describe your first impression on MFB characters and elaborate

When I first saw Hyoma I thought that he had a Korean anime hairstyle (because his hair looked permed and most modern male Korean celebs perm theirs' like that).

My first impression on the series one characters is that I disliked most of them at the start; I was not ready for the "change". This gradually changed later on in the anime.
In English I disliked Ginga's voice and cry baby Kenta. Yeah, Ginga changed but Kenta's still a crybaby!
As long as this thread doesn't get filled with SPAM, It's gonna go great.
(Feb. 22, 2011  3:17 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: In English I disliked Ginga's voice and cry baby Kenta. Yeah, Ginga changed but Kenta's still a crybaby!

Kenta is the youngest kid in MFB . Should him act like Kyoya ? - No.
The things I personally like about Anime is that every character has his own personality and that is one of the things what makes me interested in anime.

When Masamune was intoduced, First thing that flew in my head - Another Daichi ! Grin
(Feb. 22, 2011  4:58 PM)Pundar16 Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  3:17 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: In English I disliked Ginga's voice and cry baby Kenta. Yeah, Ginga changed but Kenta's still a crybaby!

Kenta is the youngest kid in MFB . Should him act like Kyoya ? - No.
The things I personally like about Anime is that every character has his own personality and that is one of the things what makes me interested in anime.

When Masamune was intoduced, First thing that flew in my head - Another Daichi ! Grin

I respect Kenta only because he is strong enough to keep up with Ginga and the gang, not to mention his beyblade looks cool too. In Metal Explosion maybe he will cut back on crying.
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:03 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I respect Kenta only because he is strong enough to keep up with Ginga and the gang, not to mention his beyblade looks cool too. In Metal Explosion maybe he will cut back on crying.
Since Kenta has considerably less screentime in the second season, this is predictable ...
My First impression of Hyoma was wow , this guy should be the lead of the series not some red headed weirdo who can't stop horsing around , pegasisu , pegasisu , oh man & all that bu bu bull carp , thank god Sora came & after i saw the raws i liked Ryuuga & now i kinda like the show , But still i hate Gingka lol

Also Masamune was a welcome & a refreshing addon to the series , now i kinda accept the series like it's a teen show , at 1st i seriously thought that the show has only targeted the kids as the audience :p

Smile
(Feb. 22, 2011  7:22 PM)NitroNeo Wrote: My First impression of Hyoma was wow , this guy should be the lead of the series not some red headed weirdo who can't stop horsing around , pegasisu , pegasisu , oh man & all that bu bu bull carp , thank god Sora came & after i saw the raws i liked Ryuuga & now i kinda like the show , But still i hate Gingka lol

Also Masamune was a welcome & a refreshing addon to the series , now i kinda accept the series like it's a teen show , at 1st i seriously thought that the show has only targeted the kids as the audience :p

Smile

Hyoma is cool and all, but it seems that he gets overconfident in battle. To me he seems like a another Max from Beyblade G Revolution.
When I first saw Ryuuga (In English) I thought that the guy playing his voice was an obnoxious 5 year old. Now seeing him in Japanese Season 2, he sounds like an adult, unlike English.
And I was thinking that Massamune would be the Kenta of season 2.... was I wrong... he is worse.
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:03 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I respect Kenta only because he is strong enough to keep up with Ginga and the gang, not to mention his beyblade looks cool too. In Metal Explosion maybe he will cut back on crying.
Since Kenta has considerably less screentime in the second season, this is predictable ...

I don't understand japanese, but by looking at the pictures it seems like Kenta doesn't get to blade at all. It kinda made me sad.:\
(Feb. 23, 2011  12:55 AM)masamuneunicorn Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2011  6:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I don't understand japanese, but by looking at the pictures it seems like Kenta doesn't get to blade at all. It kinda made me sad.:\

Sad?
I personally took breaks in between watching RAW every time Kenta cried because in my mind I was like "Shut Up" -.-
I don't know if that makes me cold-hearted or something its just Kenta I guess.
I'm cool with little kids crying in other shows but I just can't stand Kenta AT ALL.
o.o
When I seen Faust's expression on the Magazine featuring Basalt Horogium, I thought he would be a sadistic, satanic, and soulless madman. Well he does not stray too far from that direction after what we seen. But he looks less harmful as I anticipated.
To Me Gingka First Looked A Joker, When I First Saw MFB.
Now He Is My Hero.
Didn't like Ginga to begin with in the anime. Still don't, find the voice actor quite annoying. While I continue to watch the series, I've come to realise that I might not ever find a character and bey that I'd consider to be my favourite.

Thankfully the internet allows me to watch the original beyblade anime...
Ginga(I thought it was spelled "Jinga"...yuk) and Yuu and Kenta...but they never changed.
My first impression of Ryuutaro was "What a cute gay boy!"
I said that out loud as soon as he was shown for the first time. And that was the moment I became a Beyblade-fan. I think I've spent the entire next days researching Ryuutaro and completely obsessing over him.

EDIT: I should probably mention that the 'gay' in that first impression was in no way meant to be offensive. It was a random first thought. Nothing more.
My first impression of of ryuutaro was why does that girl have purple lipstick and pink eyeliner but when he spoke oh hes a boy but still why is he wearing make up
Jack seemed like, well, Joker from The Dark Knight. The whole "Napping Baby Child" musical theme he had going was sort of a ticking-clock of what was to come later in the battle. Tobio seemed like the pathetic child with a future in gun-fetishing which puts all sorts of disgusting images out there. Tetsuya is a walking cliche, but every anime and manga have at least one physical definition of a cliche walking around. If we ever seen a real life Benkei, he would probably be wearing a horribly ignorant collage of wannabe-badass rags. I.E. wearing a hat like he does not know how to (like a lot of rappers these days), a fake Rolex, cheap grills, and sagging.
My first impression on Yu was that he was a spoiled rich kid. Now I see that that is sooooo not true, he's the cutest kid in the universe! Also, I thought Tsubasa was a girl...

(Jul. 27, 2011  11:53 AM)AppleBlossoms Wrote: My first impression of Ryuutaro was "What a cute gay boy!"
I said that out loud as soon as he was shown for the first time. And that was the moment I became a Beyblade-fan. I think I've spent the entire next days researching Ryuutaro and completely obsessing over him.

EDIT: I should probably mention that the 'gay' in that first impression was in no way meant to be offensive. It was a random first thought. Nothing more.

I thought Ryutaro was a girl at first because of the purple lipstick! You must REALLY like him! That's so cute! I think there is absolutely NOTHING weird about that!
I had the impression, unsurprisingly for me, that Tobio (Capt. Capri) was American. Just look at him. He seems like somebody from America...

Same for Aleksei from the Russian team. Aleksei looked more like he belonged on the American team in my opinion. He seriously would pass for American to me if there was no teams...
When I saw Daidouji for the first time (it was one of the first episodes and I hadn't watched much before because I wasn't too interested in boys fighting with plastic spintops at that time) he ate pizza and drank orange juice... like a sir! He had so much class I couldn't pay attention to anything else in that episode xD Yup, he definetily was one reason for me to go on watching it.

The episode Hyouma appears was the first one I'd watched in japanese (I usually prefer subbed versions over dubbed ones and those episodes hadn't been shown on nick at that time). The moment I saw him I thought he'd be my favourite character (he was til I had seen episode 44). He hadn't even talked. I just saw him in the preview of a video and was like: zomg, he looks like a white haired Soujiro (Rurouni Kenshin)... and like a sheep. Let me love you, boy who is totally not suspicious!!

I got the first impression of Reiji when AppleBlossoms told me that he makes all my favourite characters cry... I hadn't watched any of the later episodes of season one (because I still wasn't too interested in Beyblade)
However... A guy who makes ALL my favourite characters cry?! What?! ... Yup, and now he's one of my favourites... seriously...

About Ryuutarou, uh... AppleBlossoms and I watched that episode at the same time and I thought the same as her anyway xD Oh and I thought that he'd definetily be her favourite character.

I can't remember most other impressions I had.. mh... Mystery.
When I saw Hyoma, i thought he would be actually a villain, since for some reason he reminded me of Bakura.

When I saw Jack for the first time [In the coat against Ryuga], it seemed for me (And probably not only me) that he was a girl. And that he (she at this time) would be the first one besides Ginga to defeat Ryuga.

When i saw Pluto, i thought of Shino Aburame. No more, no less.
When I first saw Team Garcia, I thought they were nothing but a bunch of bladers with dirty tricks.

...Actually, that opinion hasn't changed much, but I can at least say that Ian isn't as bad as the other three. He at least actually battles with his own skills and not a cheap trick.
Zero Kurogane, for one thing, he doesn't seem so overboard about being sure of himself. We needed a modest hero for real.

Eight is exactly what Kenta never became at the end of Metal Fight Season One. Mentally well put together and stoic.

Shinobu is very bland for what his mentality displays at battle.
We haven't seen that much of Shinobu though. We've actually seen more of Eight than we have of Shinobu (if you don't count Flashbacks)