Cars

Hey guys, well, I love cars! So, who here shares my passion?

If you can drive, what do you drive?
I can't drive yet, but I'm testing for my permit soon, and I'm gonna either get an Infiniti G37 coupe or a Lexus IS 350 sedan as my first car.
geez someone is a rich kid! Chocked i have my full licence and i drive a honda civic cope which is my first car.
i can drive just not legally lmao

planning on getting a nissan 240 (originally was gunning for AE86 but they are hella old and parts are getting expensive)

planning on changing the differential a few weeks/month or two after i get it though because it's a VLSD Unhappy

it'll be my first car and definitely be my first project car. i just gotta be careful to not tap any walls on the track.

tbh i wouldn't recommend getting a really expensive car because it is a very high possibility of crashing or getting wrecked in general. Unhappy
Remember guys, be a ramen delivery man to hone your driving skills!
Nice.

Civics are pretty cool beymasterkai, what year is it?

And that sounds cool bugturtles

and lol To.

Oh... and if you all can't drive yet, what cars do your parents drive, anything cool?
My dad has a Mercedes CLS 500 and my mom has a Mercedes GL 450 coupe, I have some pictures if anyone is interested.
(Oct. 13, 2008  2:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i want this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2000-2...80x960.jpg

Dang thats sweet!
Are you gonna get it? or is it just a dream car?

oh and here are some picture of my parents cars:
Mercedes CLS 500 coupe, 301 horsepower, 5.0L V-8 engine. 9-speaker stereo system, special leather and wood on the inside, and with a sport package for extra power and some chrome rims.
Pictures:
taken in front of my garage at my house:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/S...s002-1.jpg
taken in front of the garage of my vacation house in Palm Desert:
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/S...ndcrop.jpg

Mercedes GL 450 SUV:
Pictures: these were taken at a market, the day my mom get her car.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/S...gl4502.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/S...gl4501.jpg
it's just a dream car haha

not all of us are as rich as you Wink
(Oct. 13, 2008  2:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's just a dream car haha

not all of us are as rich as you Wink

I know, lol. But a car like that is crazy cool!
But if you think I'm rich... some of my family blows me out of the water!
I have sisters who are much older and married, and some of my brother in laws have crazy cars.
One has a Ferrari F430 spyder, Ford GT racecar, Audi S8, and like 8 other cars
and one of my other bro in laws has a Ferrari 575 Maranello and a Bentley Arnage!
If anyone wants pictures of those, I have pictures also, because those are some really sick cars, I feel so lucky to have been able to drive in some of them!
I just started driving like, 2 weeks ago.

A red Lotus Elise would be my dream car.
(Oct. 13, 2008  2:32 AM)Elmo Wrote: I just started driving like, 2 weeks ago.

A red Lotus Elise would be my dream car.

Nice, what are you driving now?

Oh and how did you like the pictures of my parents cars?

and does anyone want pictures of the ferraris and stuff?
i am a ricer for life lmao. i'll be happy with a 215 or even a s15 with a few changes. but i do admit skylines look niceee. but they are pricy to import and the government is cracking down on illegally imported ones. it's a hassle to get one legally imported. Unhappy

of course im not just going to slap on a pipe and make it sound really high pitched no not that kind of ricer.

dad's trying to change my mind by buying himself a 325i and letting me drive it hahaha. though i do admit some exotics look nice, it is definitely out of my price range and i don't think i'll own one in my life time.
Quote:Nice.

Civics are pretty cool beymasterkai, what year is it?

its a 97 honda civic STICK! oh yeah baby! lol XD
(Oct. 13, 2008  3:06 AM)bugturtles Wrote: dad's trying to change my mind by buying himself a 325i and letting me drive it hahaha. though i do admit some exotics look nice, it is definitely out of my price range and i don't think i'll own one in my life time.

325is are nice. I was considering the 328i coupe as a first car, but compared to the Infiniti and Lexus, it just doesn't hold a candle, horsepower wise and engine wise. Its an ok car, but to me it just seems a bit girly
one word, Neon! lol I've seen car rentals where you can rent lambos for like an hour. btw, my dream car is a Lamborghini Grin. I'd never get it though. It's one of those cars that you never drive.
neons are awful
(Oct. 13, 2008  3:48 AM)B Wrote: one word, Neon! lol I've seen car rentals where you can rent lambos for like an hour. btw, my dream car is a Lamborghini Grin. I'd never get it though. It's one of those cars that you never drive.

they have those rentals near me, but for how long you want. Like the Beverly Hills rent a car and Budget Beverly Hills... they have almost every single luxury car you could want to drive...but with all the luxury cars my family has, its cool, since i get to go in them and stuff, we don't need to rent.
I'm going to be getting a Honda Civic, I believe. Needs to be fixed up a bit, but it's mine. <3

I don't have much love for cars, but I have to say, riding in a convertible with the top down is carp insane. I felt like I was riding a roller coaster. 8)
(Oct. 13, 2008  3:28 AM)SaMaster14 Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2008  3:06 AM)bugturtles Wrote: dad's trying to change my mind by buying himself a 325i and letting me drive it hahaha. though i do admit some exotics look nice, it is definitely out of my price range and i don't think i'll own one in my life time.

325is are nice. I was considering the 328i coupe as a first car, but compared to the Infiniti and Lexus, it just doesn't hold a candle, horsepower wise and engine wise. Its an ok car, but to me it just seems a bit girly

we really do not have heaps of cash to drop on something like that (however i am tempted to drop a few grand for a RB20DET or RB25DET for a 240, but by no means will i spend 50k+ for a whole skyline [you are lucky to buy it at this price, with import service fees included])

dad and uncle are both bmw fanatics. dad won't race his, so excessive horsepower isn't needed in most of his cases. however, acceleration is important, not just standalone hp.

reason why is that while you have a higher top speed, it's only useful on straights. if it can't accelerate to that highest speed when needed, especially on corners, it's not as useful as it seems (besides from the straights lol).

most salesmen will say that so-and-so car have X amount of hp, but not tell you how fast it accelerates to make you want to buy the car. if it has high hp but no acceleration to get it up there within a reasonable amount of time, no thanks Unhappy

i don't think it'll really matter for nascar, seeing as how practically all the tracks are ovals or oval based. however places like VIR have one long straight, a few shorter straights, and with plenty of different type corners.

this said, i do not like nascar. i think it is clear that i want more races with less ovals and more varied tracks with lots of curves and turns.
(Oct. 13, 2008  4:02 AM)Grey Wrote: I'm going to be getting a Honda Civic, I believe. Needs to be fixed up a bit, but it's mine. <3

I don't have much love for cars, but I have to say, riding in a convertible with the top down is carp insane. I felt like I was riding a roller coaster. 8)

yeah civics are good reliable cars lol and ive never been in a convertable ;_; lol
I've been through a lot of cars guys... most everything I've had's been old.. My first car was a 1968 red El Camino (wrecked upwards of 7 times, still miss that thing..), then I bought a 1993 black Camaro Z28, which I still have (only wrecked once). I had a 2003 silver Toyota Tundra pickup that I traded for a black 2007 Dodge Ram recently too (neither ever wrecked, surprisingly). Not a car, but I've got a red Yamaha R1 motorcycle too. Also had several other wrecks either with me driving or otherwise.. I used to have a complete list of em on some other forums we all used to use...
(Oct. 13, 2008  4:56 AM)Kei Wrote: If I was rich...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...reraGT.jpg

What kind of ferrari is that again? It looks like an older model
(Oct. 13, 2008  5:04 AM)SaMaster14 Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2008  4:56 AM)Kei Wrote: If I was rich...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...reraGT.jpg

What kind of ferrari is that again? It looks like an older model

bahahahahahahahahaha