Capitalization of terms?

Should we be capitalizing terms such as Upper Attack, Smash Attack etc? Or should that only refer to things with "proper names", such as Beyblades, shooting tech such as Sliding Shoot and Gattyaki ...?
I think we should. When I first read the topic about Bey UK on BBF I thought, "What if they honestly just call upper attack smash and vice versa." But then there were lots of other faults so that couldn't be it. But, I think my point still stands.
It wouldn't be a hard problem to correct, fyi: just copy it into a text editor, find>replace all.
I ment it more like they actually thought their terms were right.
Yeah ... well, we're not BeyUK. Tongue_out
well the terms are self explanatory and are straight from the dictionary........words like Gattyaki and Slide Shoot are specifically for Beyblade, especially Gattyaki Chocked
"Upper Attack" isn't really that obvious of a term, is it? The argument I suppose is whether or not it is a proper noun.
Tamer Brad Wrote:"Upper Attack" isn't really that obvious of a term, is it? The argument I suppose is whether or not it is a proper noun.

It wouldn't be obvious if you were a 5 year old, but if you understand what the words mean, and look at an AR, I'm sure anyone can infer that it means what it means.
Hmm. Were these terms released on the Takara manuals or did the japanese fanbase create them?
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Hmm. Were these terms released on the Takara manuals or did the japanese fanbase create them?

Pretty sure Takara uses them ... just look at Triple Attacker.
Then I think we should go with the terms Takara has chosen.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Then I think we should go with the terms Takara has chosen.

... that isn't the question being asked here at all!
You mean actually capitalizing... Unhappy

Well maybe we can find out if they were capitalized in the manuals.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:You mean actually capitalizing... Unhappy

Well maybe we can find out if they were capitalized in the manuals.

I'm pretty sure the Japanese language doesn't have capital letters. Tongue_out

I think we should start capitalizing them ... don't worry too much about going back and correcting, it is a relatively minor issue that can take some time to be fixed.
I think we should capitalize the names of types as well.
I'm just going to agree then, if you just decide on your own =)
Capitalize types and terms? I'll keep that in mind.
I know people must be getting frustrated with me, but I want this to be a high quality project and it's hard to realize all these things straight out of the gate. Smile
If you're still discussing.. I think you should capitalize everything. Names, Types etc. Because that way they're distinguishable. And stuff.
Crazeh_Aj Wrote:If you're still discussing.. I think you should capitalize everything. Names, Types etc. Because that way they're distinguishable. And stuff.

What falls under "everything"?
Bey names, part names, strategy names, I'd assume. <.<;