Call of Duty: World at War

What are your thoughts? Share them here Grin
this games gonna be awsome im getting it for ps3 along wiht lbp and far cry 2 cant wait.
i can't wait. my most anticipated game for 2008
I have to be honest. I don't really like WW2 shooters, but this one really has me psyched!
I saw it reviewed on a gaming show, and it looks amazing
(Oct. 23, 2008  7:51 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: I have to be honest. I don't really like WW2 shooters, but this one really has me psyched!
I saw it reviewed on a gaming show, and it looks amazing

i loved cod 4 online was the best feture the story mode didnt impress me but far cry 2 out tomorrow gonna be a cool game i hope,but yeah i think cod 5 will have all of what cod 4 didnt have so im hyped about this game.
well,i wish to play it on a ps3 or xbox,but i dont own 1 so i will buy it for my wii,hope its good on wii Uncertain
I doubt it will be that good on the Nintendo Wii unfortunately. Certain games just don't work on it.
(Oct. 24, 2008  5:47 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: I doubt it will be that good on the Nintendo Wii unfortunately. Certain games just don't work on it.

And First Person Shooters is not one of those genres. Try Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for Wii. Both excellent games.

I probably won't be picking this up, but it will be a solid title for all platforms.
Stop talking about Metroid and shooter in the same vacinity, I've told you, Nintendo doesn't even call it a FPS, they call it a First Person Adventure game.
And, as you've been told, that doesn't negate the fact that you take on a first person view and shoot things.
(Oct. 25, 2008  1:10 AM)Doompenguin Wrote: And, as you've been told, that doesn't negate the fact that you take on a first person view and shoot things.

Alright then, Alone In The Dark (2008) and Transformers (2004) must be First Person Shooters aswell since I can go first person and shoot things...
mystical ninja starring goemon is a first person mech game
.hack is a first person rpg
zelda is a first person looking at stuff while standing still
(Oct. 25, 2008  1:22 AM)To Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2008  1:10 AM)Doompenguin Wrote: And, as you've been told, that doesn't negate the fact that you take on a first person view and shoot things.

Alright then, Alone In The Dark (2008) and Transformers (2004) must be First Person Shooters aswell since I can go first person and shoot things...

Metroid Prime is primarily in the first person view, and is primarily about shooting things (with some puzzles thrown in). Nintendo probably called it a first-person adventure game because FPSes get a bad rap with parents or something. A better example of a first-person adventure game would be anything in the Myst series.

(Oct. 25, 2008  1:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: mystical ninja starring goemon is a first person mech game

(Oct. 25, 2008  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: .hack is a first person rpg

(Oct. 25, 2008  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: zelda is a first person looking at stuff while standing still

I was going to make a remark about how I was glad to see that the staff are bound by the same rules as every other forum member, but I checked and it turns out there is no rule against multiple posts.

[Image: toppingsguy4.gif]

Well Played.
i started the fight lol and i say just end it Unhappy
I have my doubts about it. I never was a big fan of the Call of Duty series, and the fact that it's made by Treyarch is downright worrisome. At least Infinity Ward could do it right.
I'm not a fanatic either, but I do enjoy playing from time to time. I still think it will be a great game, even if it was made by Treyarch. I've seen shows on it etc. and everything looked great to me.
(Oct. 27, 2008  5:05 AM)Aaron Wrote: I have my doubts about it. I never was a big fan of the Call of Duty series, and the fact that it's made by Treyarch is downright worrisome. At least Infinity Ward could do it right.

i felt the same way, untilli realized it was gonna run on the cod4 engine
(Oct. 27, 2008  2:28 PM)SK Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2008  5:05 AM)Aaron Wrote: I have my doubts about it. I never was a big fan of the Call of Duty series, and the fact that it's made by Treyarch is downright worrisome. At least Infinity Ward could do it right.

i felt the same way, untilli realized it was gonna run on the cod4 engine

Hmm, didn't know that...
That's great!
I've played the beta, its really not bad at all.