Call of Duty Main Topic

yo guys!
So I made this thread to talk about the legendary addictive Call of Duty. You can talk about your favourite Call of Duty game, most amount of kills etc. I will be posting updates on any new Call of Duty games.

You can challenge other people on this thread if you want to. You can speak freely but you have to talk about COD.
HAVE FUN!
Put the photos in spoilers..

CoD has really ruined gaming for me.
It is losing its charm (as if it hasn't already) and it is entirely too popular. People all jumped on the shooter bandwagon, and more shooters are being produced more than anything.

I can ask my average teenager male at school and talk and say something about Final Fantasy or a game from any other genre, and he will say it's stupid because it doesn't have guns.
This is another reason why it has also ruined gaming for me. Because of its reputation, people aren't playing anything else other than them.
That leads to less purchases in other genres, which in turn leads to less sales, which means less games because of shortening funds.

I really don't want to make a long post, and I know for sure people will come back with "but it's fun!"

Well in my opinion, it is not.
There's a little fun thing called spoilers you know...

I personally think CoD is overrated. It's a decent game, but gotta agree with Rai here.
Adding on to Raigeko's point, most people only play COD because of it's ability to have multiplayer. The whole series is making a negative impression on games that don't have multiplayer, like Final Fantasy for example.
CoD is a very good game I've been playing it for hours but as Ga'Hooleone said it's a bit overrated

and I totally agree with Mickey
CoD? Ummmm, it's getting worse and worse. Shooters are taking over, while the other fun games without guns (Final Fantasy, Zelda, etc.) lose popularity for no reason. It's really only a way of taking out anger, and I have a punching bag anyways...
COD is a very addictive game but is a bit overrated. Other people have a different views of games like some people would like sport instead of shooting games. It all depends on the style of game you prefer.

Sorry about the image thing, I was tired and forgot to put on a spoiler
I don't think it's overrated. People enjoy it, they are biased towards it because they enjoy it. There's a huge fanbase, it's strategic, it's got a lot going for it. It's all in the eye of the beholder!

I'm not a huge fan, but I don't hate it. I'm a casual player, but I do enjoy it because I just find it fun and addicting, haha.
It's not overrated at all.

I just find it weird that little kids are playing it now and speaking on Xbox Live/PSN in their little squeaky voices which I find annoying. Tongue_out

I used to play it quite a lot but now L limit myself to like an hour per day.
Usually because that's all I can stand playing it for before the 'bad' things of the game affect me so much I can't stand it anymore, hahah.
(Mar. 17, 2012  2:46 AM)blah Wrote: I just find it weird that little kids are playing it now and speaking on Xbox Live/PSN in their little squeaky voices which I find annoying. Tongue_out
Especially when they start to cuss you out for shooting them...

I can't really call it overrated, but the game itself has gotten worse and worse compared to their predecessor. MW3 is just downright bad if you look at how unbalanced it is compared to good ol' MW2 (at least, I consider it balanced, haha).

I personally like to watch videos on CoD for inspiration and then get annihilated myself for trying to recreate what people like zzirGrizz do Tongue_out_wink

If any CoD is overrated, it's one of the more recent ones (Black Ops and MW3).

[Most of this post contains a large amount of my own opinions, and I would like to state I am not looking to start a 'war' or anything. Feel free to disagree, but do not take it too far Smile]
CoD's more recent games are focusing more on campaign. When you finish the game, you play the not as good online. In my opinion, they got it right with World at War. It was a pretty good balance of campaign and multiplayer.
I think that COD is really good. It has really good multiplayer but a short campain. It just needs to improve on more maps and bigger maps.

BTW COD Black Ops 2 coming out soon Tongue_out.
Thank gos skyrim was released, cod was dominating the game industry and that's all anyone would talk about I don't have a ps3 or xbox but i have played both and i think cod has really taken away what gaming is about, instead of letting you control a hero in a surreal place cod has put little kids in a position where they think it is funny that they have killed there friends in realistic (more realistic than most games) circumstances, people think that what happens in cod is alright, they don't see how dangerous these things can be in real life
Come on guys, lets not talk about the negative things about COD and talk about the positive. I want to hear your highest amount of kills, funniest thing that happened etc.
Black Ops sucks. A game which revolves around assult rifles is boring.
MW3 is good, as Quickscoping is viable, Sub Machine guns are useful, and Assults still have their place.

I haven't tried MW2, so I can't say anything about it.

Anyways, funniest thing that happened to me would be when I was playing Drop Zone, and I grabbed a Juggernaut, and another guy had a juggernaut. We just started bashing into each other with our Riot Shields. Tongue_out

I generally don't get that many kills because I'm not really a great player, but becoming better. My highest Killstreak was like 6 or so. I also want to get Elite just to try out the new maps, as Blackbox looks seriously fun.
Black Box revolves around Assault Rifles, haha.

LMG's got buffed in MW3, so I'll be giving them a shot (get it? hehe) for the next while.
(Mar. 19, 2012  9:44 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Black Box revolves around Assault Rifles, haha.

LMG's got buffed in MW3, so I'll be giving them a shot (get it? hehe) for the next while.

Hm, really? People Said Assault Rifles and Snipers are generally best there.
Yeah, but I'm not really a fan of sniping in general though. Probably because I suck at it, haha.
I DON'T!! Well, I kinda do, but I'm still a pretty good sniper (I hate quickscoping!). Most kills: 17 with my custom L118A (yes, I use the L118A) on either Mission or Bakaara, which are two of the best sniping maps IMO. Though, i got close to that (14 kills in Hardhat) with my custom Scar-L. I'm also good at Survival in Resistance, in which I got to wave 23. My Gamertag is Goldchain5, formerly known as AskingNose80 (IDK, my mom made my account), so, if you were killed by me on XBox Live, PM me!
TBH CoD series is just a copy and paste of it's game that Activision spams every year and people only like it for the multiplayer, they are blank in personality, I'm not saying it's bad but it's really not that special and those who deny it are only deluding themselves. It saturates the FPS genre so badly that anything with differences like Duke Nukem Forever and others get bashed for not being a blank copy and paste FPS game.

Also they probably have the absolute WORST fanboys, not saying it's bad to be a fan but it's usually people who swear or go crazy and over obsessed over it, again I'm not trying to say it's bad to be a fan.