~Call Of Duty:Advanced Warfare~

Poll: Do you like this game?

Yes,better than any of the previous installments
50.00%
No it sucks!
50.00%
Total: 100% 6 vote(s)
DISCUSS THIS NEW GAME,Oops forgot to take caps offXD
This game looks awesome can't wait to buy it!

Might get Xbox One special version for the game, plus day zero edition.
CoD is always bland and unoriginal adding only mediocre "revisions" to each installment; I mean LEVEL PACK.
In a way your right but in this case they have the exo abilities and the futuristic guns
The bullets needed to kill you from BO2 (you don't die like in ghosts) and the big and open create a class slots!

I think we should play the game before saying if it's bad or not.

Then again in a way you're right.
(Aug. 18, 2014  4:21 AM)Neo Wrote: CoD is always bland and unoriginal adding only mediocre "revisions" to each installment; I mean LEVEL PACK.

Go watch the Multiplayer Reveal, you'll see how different this will be from the generic COD.
Of course though, it still has the same underlying concept, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERY FPS IS SUPPOSED TO DO.
By the way there's a 3 year cycle of cod Treyarc Infinity Ward and in this case Sledgehammer Games so of course it's different.
(Aug. 18, 2014  4:37 AM)TheSpongeBob Wrote: By the way there's a 3 year cycle of cod Treyarc Infinity Ward and in this case Sledgehammer Games so of course it's different.

I'm already dreading Infinity Ward's next game, they'll seriously have to step it up after MW3 and Ghosts, plus SH and Treyarch are going to really show them up with these next two CODs.
(Aug. 18, 2014  4:32 AM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2014  4:21 AM)Neo Wrote: CoD is always bland and unoriginal adding only mediocre "revisions" to each installment; I mean LEVEL PACK.

Go watch the Multiplayer Reveal, you'll see how different this will be from the generic COD.
Of course though, it still has the same underlying concept, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT EVERY FPS IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

Innovation, it's something games need to do.
I don't see anything new or interesting; look, I'll go play something else for futuristic ideas and concepts.
Army men and lasers aren't synonyms. Yet.
Look at the Super Mario Bros. Franchise, it's been around for almost 30 years.
Powers are added and make the same general idea fun again.
Better yet, the MegaMan Franchise. While it is repetitive, back in the hay-day there were so many great versions of the blue bomber. Like to be more flexible? X Series, Zero, ZX. Want a limiting challenge game? Classic Series. RPG? Battle Network, Starforce.
CoD does the same shiz over and over adding some new weapons and more levels. Some games may do this; but they have either an entertaining story or underlying factor that draws the player towards it. Having a multiplayer game doesn't mean it's good per say. Metroid Prime took all of the facts that make an FPS good, added ADVENTURE AND DESOLATION, two factor that make Metroid, well, Metroid; and that ended up a great game. CoD has no theme or any more fun then having a bag of Army Soldiers and dumping them out for your friends to play with.
Ugh. Finger burn..
Course, totally agree infinity ward made ghosts which really changed people's minds of cod.
Once I heard of AW I knew its going to be epic
I love BO2 and I like they have the game based on it with that futuristic concept.
Because in 2 years people won't be very happy for cod the way IW is going.
Seriously I can't stress that people usually play CoD for the multiplayer, it's a good game without it as well, but it's a copy and paste every game and with other common FPS game, it's blank soldier isn't always good, I personally find Duke Nukem Forever a little better than some, it's fun and it has personality which people seem to forbid.

I think Neo makes a good point.

EDIT: A friend of mine considers CoD art, to me it's not since art is something you cannot redo(Though art can be anything you want). CoD is not art, since it reproduces it's gameplay over again, though you can say it's art because if you like it and think it's good then you may find it art, I just don't.
(Aug. 18, 2014  4:52 AM)Neo Wrote: Innovation, it's something games need to do.
Well if you're looking for innovation, I wouldn't be looking at the 11th game of a FRANCHISE. You're argument entirely crumbles from there. They're not going to branch out into new genres, change it into a 3rd person shooter, they're not going to make it unrelatable to other CODs. Why? Because they're not trying to lose money when they're one of the best selling games every year (Ghosts probably screwed that record up, I haven't checked).
It's the same game.
If they added a new mechanic to the games that changed everything, it would still sell because it's under the CoD name.
Haven't you ever played Doom? GoldenEye007? Metroid Prime?
There's so many more FPS' that are in depth and fun. CoD is bland, a cake without icing.

If you're looking to ONLY play Multiplayer; you realize that you're doing about as good as sitting on an MMO leveling your paladin to the max level every day.
(Aug. 18, 2014  7:03 AM)Neo Wrote: It's the same game.
If they added a new mechanic to the games that changed everything, it would still sell because it's under the CoD name.

Once again I suggest you watch the Multiplayer Reveal, it addresses the many changes going on in AW compared to the usual modern-day shooters of Infinity Ward.

Quote:If you're looking to ONLY play Multiplayer

That's the only reason it's popular, you realize that right? The developers realize it too, COD is not story driven whatsoever. That's why COD is a popular eSport, because the developers are finally realizing the money and exposure that BO2 brought COD eSports. The top pro teams were invited to Gamescon for the MP Reveal because they wanted their opinion on the MP to make it a more enjoyable eSport to watch/play and public match game. Hell, Counter Strike doesn't even have any kind of story mode and look at its success lol.

Honestly just hiring Kevin Spacey shows that Sledge Hammer is putting more effort into the story than IW and Treyarch usually do lol.
Campaign really isn't that bad on any COD Game.At least it gives us a plot and some "experience" so that we don't just plunge into MP not knowing what the hell were doing!
Campaign was only good for the Black Ops series (1, 2), every other campaign mode really sucked.

However, I enjoyed MW3's multiplayer a lot, as did I love Black Ops and Black Ops 2's multiplayer. Ghosts was just flat out boring in my opinion.

I pre-ordered Advanced Warfare a few days ago, so I get the pre-order bonus items Smile
COD:World At War's campaign was also pretty good.
Lucky you XD
(Aug. 18, 2014  7:30 AM)Zancrow Wrote:

Once again I suggest you watch the Multiplayer Reveal, it addresses the many changes going on in AW compared to the usual modern-day shooters of Infinity Ward.

That's the only reason it's popular, you realize that right? The developers realize it too, COD is not story driven whatsoever. That's why COD is a popular eSport, because the developers are finally realizing the money and exposure that BO2 brought COD eSports. The top pro teams were invited to Gamescon for the MP Reveal because they wanted their opinion on the MP to make it a more enjoyable eSport to watch/play and public match game. Hell, Counter Strike doesn't even have any kind of story mode and look at its success lol.

Honestly just hiring Kevin Spacey shows that Sledge Hammer is putting more effort into the story than IW and Treyarch usually do lol.

You're defending something that has no content added.
(Aug. 18, 2014  7:30 AM)Zancrow Wrote:

I can see why you like the COD series but besides the multiplayer...its really the same game but with updated graphics and if you want my honest opinion...I'd rather play Doom, Metroid and Contra...
(Aug. 19, 2014  3:50 AM)Neo Wrote: You're defending something that has no content added.

And you're judging something based off of the past games that were made by different companies.
I can tell that you still haven't taken my suggestion :3

(Aug. 18, 2014  7:30 AM)Zancrow Wrote: Once again I suggest you watch the Multiplayer Reveal, it addresses the many changes going on in AW compared to the usual modern-day shooters of Infinity Ward.

(Aug. 19, 2014  5:02 AM)MissKarat Wrote: I can see why you like the COD series but besides the multiplayer...its really the same game but with updated graphics and if you want my honest opinion...I'd rather play Doom, Metroid and Contra...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the QUALITY of the game, Ghosts was absolutely awful. I'm not at all saying that the franchise is better than the likes of Metroid, Doom, and Contra. Black Ops 2 is the only COD that I've really liked since COD 4.
Even if Call Of Duty has the same copied game from its previous installment, it doesn't mean it is bad. All the games in the COD series are good in their own term regardless of if they are almost identical copies of each other. However I don't see myself playing the COD games.

If people think COD is better than Doom, Metroid and Contra then thats their opinions. If they like COD then thats great I mean its not like they're saying they like games such as Bubsy 3D and Superman 64.
(Aug. 19, 2014  5:09 AM)MissKarat Wrote: Even if Call Of Duty has the same copied game from its previous installment, it doesn't mean it is bad. All the games in the COD series are good in their own term regardless of if they are almost identical copies of each other. However I don't see myself playing the COD games.

If people think COD is better than Doom, Metroid and Contra then thats their opinions. If they like COD then thats great I mean its not like they're saying they like games such as Bubsy 3D and Superman 64.

Huh never thought of it that way, since I only compared the entire franchise, well every but ghosts were decent, but with a minor installment and to pay £50 to play is kinda you know.
I know if they made several changes it would change the games but I would give players more and make the game similar. However to CoD defense anyone who hasn't played these can get an authentic feeling to the game series if they missed out previous titles, well asides Ghost, that's different. Asides that the money spent can be worth it, and with installments it gives a good possible first impression or at least better.
I'm not saying CoD can't be liked.
I just think people should try RPG's that have more of a story and aren't as copy paste and bland.
(Aug. 19, 2014  5:26 AM)Neo Wrote: I'm not saying CoD can't be liked.
I just think people should try RPG's that have more of a story and aren't as copy paste and bland.

I think the Halo and Duke Nukem as FPS games can offer good stories.

But as for RPGs Mass Effect series is a "Do It Now!" Sort of deal.
(Aug. 19, 2014  5:26 AM)Neo Wrote: I'm not saying CoD can't be liked.

True but with a story there is always only one winner whether in COD, anyone can be the victorious one if they make it happen.

Damn...

Neo really hates COD...

No need to get worked up guys...

"It's a bad day for everyone when a thread gets closed"!