CONCEPT BEY - Storm Susano-O CH120R2F

Hello, I am suggesting this purely as a concept until I get all the parts in (currently waiting on a way to get Susano-O and G. Pegasus for their respective parts). However when I do actually get all the parts I'm going to do two different sets of tests, ones with standard Face and ones with Metal Face. If someone already has all these parts and wants to go ahead and test them for me I would not be opposed to that although I will still want to do intensive testing myself to add to the data.

Right now I'm simply wanting opinions on this customization idea. The only part I'd consider changing out in this is the Track so I'll accept suggestions on that front as well. My intended approach if it wasn't already obvious is a strong and stable attack variant of Susano-O that would go strongly with his origin as the Shinto God of Storms.
Can't we just do Storm ____CH120R2F, only thing changed is the Clear Wheel.
DJ 2002 - Disappointed ... Ummm...That would defeat the point of the concept as Susano-O being the God of Storms. I get what you are saying "wow, storm and R2F, how original...". But like I said in the title. This blade is currently purely conceptual in nature. If you have a problem with my concept of using the Susano-O clear wheel then please make it.
(Aug. 29, 2010  2:44 AM)AnimeMun Wrote: DJ 2002 - Disappointed ... Ummm...That would defeat the point of the concept as Susano-O being the God of Storms. I get what you are saying "wow, storm and R2F, how original...". But like I said in the title. This blade is currently purely conceptual in nature. If you have a problem with my concept of using the Susano-O clear wheel then please make it.

It's still the clear wheel that's being changed... theyre negligible on attack types. And yes Storm____CH120R2F would be interesting. Make sure to test in an MFB attack stadium also. I tried Storm____CH120RF and it got some interesting results.
(Aug. 29, 2010  1:32 AM)AnimeMun Wrote: Hello, I am suggesting this purely as a concept until I get all the parts in (currently waiting on a way to get Susano-O and G. Pegasus for their respective parts). However when I do actually get all the parts I'm going to do two different sets of tests, ones with standard Face and ones with Metal Face. If someone already has all these parts and wants to go ahead and test them for me I would not be opposed to that although I will still want to do intensive testing myself to add to the data.

Right now I'm simply wanting opinions on this customization idea. The only part I'd consider changing out in this is the Track so I'll accept suggestions on that front as well. My intended approach if it wasn't already obvious is a strong and stable attack variant of Susano-O that would go strongly with his origin as the Shinto God of Storms.

So...Your saying the theme of this is. God-of-Storms uses Storm-wheel?
This seems boring.
Well I'm hoping the somewhat unpredictable nature of the CH Track could yield some interesting results. Sure the Clear Wheel usually doesn't come into play. I get that, however due to Susano-O's size, I figure against some of the 145 height that the shift may catch them off guard. Another reason why I'm going to try testing the combo with and without a metal face.

Also I know the rules on actually testing a combo. I'm ordering the BB-10 along with the Galaxy Pegasus.

As for the comment on my concept being "boring" thats your opinion and you are free to that. I however am curious how well the concept would fare. Like I said, I know that normally the Clear wheel doesn't do jack with attack types, but Susano-O is from what we've seen, an unusual CW. I think it would be prudent to test its differences. Also I have thought long and hard and am planning to get fulls of the following Beys for my testing.

Attack - Galaxy Pegasis(Yes I will be ordering two of this Bey, I don't think anyone on this site can blame me for this one.)

Defense - Counter Leone

Stamina - Flame Saggitario

Balance - Dark Bull

If anyone has better suggestions for the test opponents please feel free to suggest them. I will also include the weight of the bey and any tips I discover in case someone else would want to use this particular combi.
Being a nitpick here, but the Clear Wheel is named "Susanow", not "Susano-O".
That is, unless you are referring to something else, which I don't believe you are(?). :\
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:09 AM)Diamond Wrote: Being a nitpick here, but the Clear Wheel is named "Susanow", not "Susano-O".
That is, unless you are referring to something else, which I don't believe you are(?). :\

Sorry, I guess my knowledge and exposure to the older areas of Japanese Culture tend to kick in when I see such references. I've never seen the official romanization of the wheel's name. But in this case I have to ask, why the W at the end?
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:23 AM)AnimeMun Wrote: But in this case I have to ask, why the W at the end?
It's just a Takara Tomy thing. "Susanow" is written on the Clear Wheel.

Bakushin Susanow's thread title is "Susanow" too (name change pointed out on page 7).
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:05 AM)AnimeMun Wrote: Attack - Galaxy Pegasis(Yes I will be ordering two of this Bey, I don't think anyone on this site can blame me for this one.)
This probably does need more testing. Someone found good results with Galaxy ____ 145R2F.

Defense - Counter Leone
Test it on the current track people do for the pre hws leone wheel eg Counter Bull/Aquario 145/100/90 RF.

We've already tested the flame wheel thoroughly and there are better wheels for stamina like Burn, virgo, thermal, earth etc.

Balance - Dark Bull
Why would you want to use Dark? It's like the worst wheel ever.
(Aug. 29, 2010  10:25 AM)megablader2 Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:05 AM)AnimeMun Wrote: Attack - Galaxy Pegasis(Yes I will be ordering two of this Bey, I don't think anyone on this site can blame me for this one.)
This probably does need more testing. Someone found good results with Galaxy ____ 145R2F.

Defense - Counter Leone
Test it on the current track people do for the pre hws leone wheel eg Counter Bull/Aquario 145/100/90 RF.

We've already tested the flame wheel thoroughly and there are better wheels for stamina like Burn, virgo, thermal, earth etc.

Balance - Dark Bull
Why would you want to use Dark? It's like the worst wheel ever.
Ok, thanks for the suggestions on the Stamina types, I'll probably use Thermal Pisces then. What would you suggest as a test against Balance types then? I wanna have all bases covered. Besides as to more accurately test I am going for straight from the box bey set ups for my testing range. In addition do you guys think that I should only use the Beylauncher for my testing or should I use all three types of launchers? Light, Right2, and Bey.
hmm i kno this may sound wierd but
there really isnt a amazing ballance type to test with
i use storm wolf DF145 FS( okay has a 30-40 win rate against my top tier combo beys)
but there is no top tier bal bey listed and i have not heard of one

still think if i can handle a win rate of +60% against atk,def, and stamina bey it should be good enough to say it is a great bey
wish you luck cant wait to see the results
(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: What would you suggest as a test against Balance types then?

Nothing. Or Libra CH120RF.

(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: Besides as to more accurately test I am going for straight from the box bey set ups for my testing range.

This in fact gives inaccurate test results, as out-of-the-box beys are generally quite bad.

(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: In addition do you guys think that I should only use the Beylauncher for my testing or should I use all three types of launchers? Light, Right2, and Bey.

Beylauncher.
(Aug. 29, 2010  6:06 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: What would you suggest as a test against Balance types then?

Nothing. Or Libra CH120RF.

(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: Besides as to more accurately test I am going for straight from the box bey set ups for my testing range.

This in fact gives inaccurate test results, as out-of-the-box beys are generally quite bad.

(Aug. 29, 2010  5:05 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: In addition do you guys think that I should only use the Beylauncher for my testing or should I use all three types of launchers? Light, Right2, and Bey.

Beylauncher.

Fair enough, Although I may give Right Launcher 2 a shot since we currently know very little about how it performs in comparison to the Beylauncher seeing as I don't think any of us have that set up yet. As for the whole out of the box thing I figure its pretty safe to say that most of Galaxy Pegasis are top tier attack parts last I checked, may just need a lower track. As for Counter Leone, it might do well switching out with some of Rock Leone's parts. Thermal Pisces, well I don't know enough about stamina types to be able to tell what to use as the track and bottom.

Although if I were to test against a balance type I don't want to use illegal parts for the test like the pre HWS Libra wheel. So I'll probably take a similar combi and use the next best wheel for the job on that so its tested against top tier set ups of each type that would be used for a tourney. Perhaps something in conjunction with HWS Libra clear wheel for symbolism's sake. Thanks for the suggestions.
There really are no good balance types for MFB. Also no you shouldn't assume that all of Galaxy pegasus' parts are top tier at all. We don't know this for sure. More testing needs to be done on them.
Right now, Galaxy W105R²F is not top-tier at all, and from what we saw and that you can see in the BB-87 topic, the Right Launcher 2 is still inferior to the Beylauncher.

There are things we know.
I'm sorry Kai, I remember reading through and posting in the RL2 thread. I don't remember seeing anything in it that distinct says its absolutely inferior to the beylauncher. Could you direct me to the post in it that confirms this? Last I heard it just hit shelves this week.

As for the bits on Galaxy's parts from what I'm understanding here its still an uncertain factor no?
(Aug. 29, 2010  7:54 PM)AnimeMun Wrote: I'm sorry Kai, I remember reading through and posting in the RL2 thread. I don't remember seeing anything in it that distinct says its absolutely inferior to the beylauncher. Could you direct me to the post in it that confirms this? Last I heard it just hit shelves this week.
A video was posted.
Huh..don't know how I missed that vid before... I'm watching it now.