CELESTIAL (COMPLETE!)

Ok, so I've been working on this for about a month or so now and I had originally intended to hold back nearly everything until I was totally finished with the project but I just can't contain my enthusiasm for this.

So I decided to make this topic where I will post updates about the project up until its completion. I'm not going to be posting any of the tracks until everything is done because I don't want to spoil the project as a whole.

But, here's the final tracklist, along with the final album art:

[Image: celestialcoverqf7.th.png]
[Image: celestialbackcovercc4.th.jpg]

1. Apollo (Introduction)
2. Hermes
3. Aphrodite
4. Gaia
5. Ares (Interlude)
6. Zeus
7. Kronos
8. Ouranos
9. Poseidon
10. Hades
11. Persephone (Conclusion)

So far I have the music for tracks 1-9 completed, with the exception of track 7; I'm still working on that one.

But anyway, my goal with this project is to explore our solar system, and each one of these songs is based on one of the planets or dwarf planets. There is also a story involved, but its not as prevalent here as the story was in Dissonance; its much more light.

I also wanted to try and expand my creative horizons by exploring various genres. I'm trying to branch out and make more than just ambient background music, although there is still some of that on the disc.

Finally, I may have some surprises lined up, namely one special guest appearance on the disc, but that's all I'm saying about it for now.

I'll keep updating here and if you care about what I'm doing, I'd really appreciate any comments or advice. Smile

EDIT: The project is finally complete! You can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2cuxmystug
Keep it up! This sounds like an ace project, I'm looking forward to the outcome. =)
I love the album art! Gasp
Kei Wrote:I love the album art! Gasp

Thanks! I really love it too. Smile
Alrighty, time for another update!

- I've got a rough draft of the story that will play out across the 11 tracks of the disc, with a few brief ideas on how I want to incorporate it into each individual track.

- I've completed work on track 8, Ouranos, and I must say I'm very pleased with the results.

- Conversely, I'm very unsatisfied with track 5, Ares and I've decided to scrap what I have composed for this track and start over. The final version of this song turned out vastly different from what I originally had in mind and while normally I would accept this and go with it I feel like this is a very poor effort on my part. It also really just doesn't gel with the rest of the package. Ares turned out to be my own brand of a heavier metal song, and obviously this doesn't fit in with the other tracks as they are all more ambient and experimental. So yeah, I'm going to redo this one and hope that it turns out better. I may still decide to work in this version of Ares somewhere on the disc, but as for now, consider it dead.

That's all for now. :3
cool man. seems pretty fleshed out now. hope it turns out good
Well, despite what I originally had said, I've decided to peel back the curtain on this beast a little bit.

I spruced up my MySpace Artist page and added two tracks from CELESTIAL for you all to enjoy (Kronos and Ouranos).

Anyhow, here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/synthmasterroan

As always, comments are very much appreciated.
I like Kronos, but theres just one thing that bugs me. At about 1:00, it starts getting very, fuzzy? I don't know if thats the word, but the song would have been much better without it. Love what you did at the end though where the beat goes faster and faster.

Admittedly, I found Ouranos to be a little boring, but it was nice.
Kei Wrote:I like Kronos, but theres just one thing that bugs me. At about 1:00, it starts getting very, fuzzy? I don't know if thats the word, but the song would have been much better without it. Love what you did at the end though where the beat goes faster and faster.

Admittedly, I found Ouranos to be a little boring, but it was nice.

hahaha

The static/fuzz/what have you in Kronos was deliberate. I wanted the song to sound like it was coming to a crunching stop before taking off into the next verse/section. Also I love the ending too. I got the idea from the intense hot spot at the southern tip of Saturn (the song is based on Saturn). So the song builds up to that point and "overheats".

Ouranos is meant to be calming and peaceful, as its based on Uranus, which is a very icy and quiet planet. I wanted to reflect that in the song.

But anyway, thanks very much for the comments. Smile
Well after sitting on an unfinished version for like three weeks, I finally got around to completing Poseidon just now. Its very airy and atmospheric and I must say that I think its one of my favorites so far. Smile

I'm also thinking about not doing a conclusion piece (Persephone), but I haven't really decided yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see whether its really necessary or not.
The project is almost done guys!

I've completed the following:

- Zeus (Finally!)
- Hades
- Persephone

I am very, very pleased with the results of all three of these tracks. I think Persephone in particular is a great way to end the disc. Turns out I needed a conclusion piece after all!

I also finished work on the back cover of the album. I realize the color schemes don't exactly match, but I love both of the images anyway.

There is only one track left standing in my way: Ares. I am most definitely not using the original version of the song because I feel it would be a huge botch on the rest of the project. Yes, the song really is that bad.

So yeah, all I have left to do now is to rewrite Ares and then get busy distributing this. I'm so close I can taste it.

But you want to know what the funny thing is? I already have my next project in mind. Smile
I love the album art <3 IMO, those colors are awesome.

Grats on getting as far as you have so far ^^
*Pats self on the back*

Well, after months of work on this damn thing I am finally done!

EDIT: Download here!
Whoa this is intense and somehow very refined/clean sounding. What did you use to do it?
(Aug. 08, 2008  10:18 PM)jasonresno Wrote: Whoa this is intense and somehow very refined/clean sounding. What did you use to do it?

A variety of programs.

However, most of it was made in Acoustica Mixcraft.

The last two tracks I made in Soundtrack (Mac only) a few years ago, which I then took and refined so they would fit better into the project. They were always meant to be on a space themed project, but they weren't really finished.
This has inspired me lol i might do my side project on that acoustica thing now. thankz Smile awesome music
(Aug. 11, 2008  6:41 AM)DZ Wrote: This has inspired me lol i might do my side project on that acoustica thing now. thankz Smile awesome music

Grin

Awesome. Glad my music (if you can call it that) has had a positive effect.
I just listened to this recently. It's actually very, very good. You should all give it a listen.
i hate how interfaces cost so much >_>
(Aug. 11, 2008  7:06 AM)DZ Wrote: i hate how interfaces cost so much >_>

Yeah the license for Mixcraft is like 60 bucks.

Pretty ridiculous but I think its worth it, its a great program.

Bey Brad Wrote:I just listened to this recently. It's actually very, very good. You should all give it a listen.

Thanks. Smile
Good stuff Roan. ^^

I checked out Mixcraft...I still like FL8 better. Tongue_out_wink Wider variety of effects and instruments
I'm going to check Mixcraft out. I'm in a rock band as a drummer but I love the idea of playing around with some solo stuff. It really bares your heart. Keep making this kind of stuff man.