C-Sytsem Bey

A concept im worjking on. Its the Beyblade Carpenter's System, or C-System for short. A wonder for all you woodworking fans out there, you make your own parts. The ploy is to make homemade blades interchangeably customizable. Sweet, right? It consists of a few basic parts-

1) The tip- A tip of any kind on a dowel. The dowel would be about the diameter of your pinkie. It would be any lenth you want (see why this is a good idea, blades perfect for each blader's style), though it would need a stem to launch w/ your hands.

2) Support part- It would be a small part that has a hole in the middle. You put the dowel tip thing over it. It would cover the bottom of your dowel save for the tip (there would be a thing to make sure it doesn't slide off depending on your dowel, i for one would have a small dowel through the large one right above the tip for supporting the... um... well... the support part). The support part would hold up the wheel to any hight you want (like a track), add some extra weight if you wanted, or even serve attack purposes. Its basically a way to add extra effects to your bey. I have this cool thing going for me, but im not tellin just yet Tongue_out.

3) Wheel- Deals damage. I guess you could call it the AR, too. It's pretty self-explanitory.

4) Washer- a tight one. The support part and wheel sit below it, and it pushes them to the device on yonder tip that avoids the stuff from falling off. Make the washer mreatl for weigh, or rubber for less weight.

There you have it. I have a concept goin for me already for my first one. What do yoiu think?
Thanks!
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:02 AM)fragbait Wrote: Do you have one made already?

read the goddamn op
But if YOU want to make one:

1) Dowel and Tip: Take a dowel, and add a tip. For offense, leave the dowel be or add flat rubber. Stamina could be done by sharpening it (i've used a flat file to make my beigoma, but i might try a pencil sharpeneer for this one lolz), defense can be a "button plug". Remember to add something to keep the other parts from slipping off, and remeber also to leave room for the all important stem.

2) Support part: This is the creative part, there is no right or wrong way to go about this.

3) Wheel: Drill press, lathe, chizzle, and done.

4) Washer: Um... buy one?

This is still all theory, but i might start mine tonight.
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: read the goddamn op

(Oct. 28, 2009  9:06 PM)firelord767 Wrote: A concept im working on.
I have a concept goin for me already for my first one.

No, YOU read the goddamn op.

EDIT: see, my question was answered. Was that so difficult to wait for?
Wait, have we just concluded that i made one, or i haven't made one? Im confused T_T
A concept is obviously still an idea in development though, not an actual object ...
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:30 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Wait, have we just concluded that i made one, or i haven't made one? Im confused T_T

The way it was worded made me think you already had one, which is why I asked. Since you didn't say you didn't it was a valid question.
Can't wait to see model 1.
Just wondering. I agree it was a valid question.

I've named model one "Tiravento", Italian for "It's Windy". That has to do w/ the support part im working on....but no spoilers.

BTW, wehat would be better? Hand launching, or using those impossibel beigoma alunchers?
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:36 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Just wondering. I agree it was a valid question.

I've named model one "Tiravento", Italian for "It's Windy". That has to do w/ the support part im working on....but no spoilers.

BTW, wehat would be better? Hand launching, or using those impossibel beigoma alunchers?

Do both. Do a base for Beigoma strings and have a hand launcher too. Both have advantages and disadvantages
OK, adding to instrcutions:

1) Tip and dowel: blah blah blah blah rmemmber to add hole for beigoma launcher if you want to use one.
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:23 AM)fragbait Wrote: No, YOU read the goddamn op.

concept |ˈkänˌsept|
noun
an abstract idea; a general notion : structuralism is a difficult concept | the concept of justice. See note at idea .
• a plan or intention; a conception : the center has kept firmly to its original concept.
Based on the definition of the word 'concept' and the assumption that people know it, I believe it was an invalid question.
EDIT : Do refer to Brad's post for said definition.

Actually on topic though, a spinning top made out of wood should be interesting. You will probably have to find a way to give it some weight though. And since wood is quite easy to paint, I hope you will customize them visually.
1) I've delt with something similiar as far as wood beys go, and weight might not be an issue. Though the support part could add aditional weight if you wanted it.

2) PAINT! I almost forgot about hoew beast that would be!
Well, spinning tops made of wood are probably more common than metal or plastic, actually ...

I don't remember the link but Khel posted some beautiful ones.
Firelord, how about screws to put pieces together? ;o Then you just take out the screws to change etc.
(Oct. 29, 2009  12:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, spinning tops made of wood are probably more common than metal or plastic, actually ...

I don't remember the link but Khel posted some beautiful ones.

Wasn't it in random thoughts?
Interesting! Neat idea Smile
Wow!
Great idea! i might make ones myself. What kind of wood would you recommend?
I would say... um... IDK! I'm using what i have, and i have no idea what it is lol.

She's almost done.

Medz (your the one who said screws, right?)- We can't use them. We need a perfectly cut dowel for a stem for hand launching. Good idea though...
i hope your thing gose well Wink can you post some pics of them soon?
I'll try when they are done! But remember, the point is to make homemade bey competable with a few rules about design. That means i encourage you to make ur own bey's using this system. Imagine trading c-system parts!