Burst Mod idea!

I was perusing some modification videos recently, when I was struck with an idea!

Seeing as the Layers, even pre-Dual Layer ones, are held together by screws that seem to be the same for Hasbro and Takara Tomy, could it be possible to combine the two?

For instance, keeping the piece with the arguably more durable Hasbro slope mechanism, whilst replacing the outer portion with the harder TT plastic. This could help with Layers that got screwed over by their teeth, provided they have a Hasbro counterpart. The reverse could also potentially work to help mitigate breakage issues with some TT parts.

What do you people think? Would this be possible? And would this even be tournament legal?
This would never be tournament legal and some Hasbro layers were also screwed over by poor slopes so it might not help too much. Would still be curious though.
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:44 AM)Solar Slasher Wrote: I was perusing some modification videos recently, when I was struck with an idea!

Seeing as the Layers, even pre-Dual Layer ones, are held together by screws that seem to be the same for Hasbro and Takara Tomy, could it be possible to combine the two?

For instance, keeping the piece with the arguably more durable Hasbro slope mechanism, whilst replacing the outer portion with the harder TT plastic. This could help with Layers that got screwed over by their teeth, provided they have a Hasbro counterpart. The reverse could also potentially work to help mitigate breakage issues with some TT parts.

What do you people think? Would this be possible? And would this even be tournament legal?

Some of the molds got changed, unfortunately. Like Valtryek and Valkirye are different enough to not be switchable like that.
I wonder if the slopes of nepstrius were combined neptune's outer layer to make it better. Could someone try this @[Leo Burst] maybe?
(Apr. 14, 2017  3:47 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Some of the molds got changed, unfortunately. Like Valtryek and Valkirye are different enough to not be switchable like that.

Oh, that's a shame. Do you know which ones haven't changed though? I think it'd be good to know for any curious modders with the resources to actually try this out.

EDIT: I'm a total noob at this forum system. Can someone tell me how to leave my response out of the quote box? I'm currently
typing on my phone. XD
i made a mod i called it springan i put a long spring inside of spriggan and i forced the disc and driver on and it worked just like gV's layer gimmick btw ill make a vid on it later (tomorrow)
(Apr. 14, 2017  4:16 AM)Flame Roman Wrote: i made a mod i called it springan i put a long spring inside of spriggan and i forced the disc and driver on and it worked just like gV's layer gimmick btw ill make a vid on it later (tomorrow)

That could potentially damage the beyblade. Be careful.
(Apr. 14, 2017  11:52 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: That could potentially damage the beyblade. Be careful.

oh it probably damaged my beys yet cuz i only have hasbro beys
I know someone who did this with their Horusood and it actually worked. Like others said, it won't work for all layers because Hasbro has made some minor mold changes here in there.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Illegal...Discussion