[Burst Limited Proposal] Lower the LAD AND Layer Floor

Quickly I would like to thank all the people I bugged on discord just before posting this for helping me with this ban list.

With Burst Limited as of recent, there have been two notable complaints, a lack of God Layer presence aside from Nightmare Longinus, Deep Chaos, and Arc Bahamut, and the insane LAD floor (most brought to light by Wombat in a recent proposal by them). Being what this ban list attempts to remedy 

Layer bans (only the new bans):
All Cho-Z and above layers (TT)
Reason: To make Burst Limited an actual god layer format (a notably requested thing with some players of BSL and also the goal of the ban list proposal)

Layer Watchlist:
  • Nightmare Longinus
    Can be seen as too strong attack wise for the format. Only ways to lose with it include human error and direct counter picks of only Galaxy Zeus and the weird 10 gram thing that is Alter Chronos
  • Triumph Dragon
    Great defense and general same and opposite spin stamina.
  • G13/Greatest Armor
    Possibility of making Glory a problematic layer even within high mode.

Discs bans (only the new bans): 
  • D81/Wheel (aka HasWheel)
    Too oppressive of discs from the actual period of God Layers
  • All QuadDrive/QuadStrike system discs
    To mitigate the power of QuadDrive/QuadStrike layers that have lately been oppressive to the meta by forcing them into high mode. (Notably Whirl, Gambit, and Xiphoid)

Driver Bans:
  • Bearing Drift/Metal Bearing Drift
    Too overcentralizing of the stamina meta to even be considered for the watchlist

Driver unbans: 
  • Xtend+
    Noticeably not as bad compared to the rest of the drivers on the ban list, also has the weakness of not amazing K.O. resistance
Drive watchlist/optional bans in a variation of the format:
  • Drift/Metal Drift
    Amazing opposite, not much else however
  • Bearing (Hasbro)
    Good same and opposite spin along side amazing burst resistance unlike the Takara Tomy counterpart.
  • Bearing' (Takara Tomy)
    Hasbro Bearing but with the added weakness of not as good burst resistance
  • Xtend+
    Possibly too strong of a stamina driver despite it's lackluster K.O. resistance
  • High Xtend+'
    Same reason as Xtend+
  • Destroy'
    Amazing attack power alongside the ability to OS if it's needed, main reason for only being on the watchlist is to keep Twin Nemesis a relevant driver/the general controversy behind outright banning it
Wind would also need to be banned, while it is pretty lacking defensively, it completely overshadows any other stamina option. Wind can draw and even beat a good BDr combo, something that nothing else can really do. Also I’m pretty sure you meant gambit instead of triumph, triumph is pretty balanced, while gambit is on the stronger side.
(May. 26, 2023  5:11 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote: Wind would also need to be banned, while it is pretty lacking defensively, it completely overshadows any other stamina option. Wind can draw and even beat a good BDr combo, something that nothing else can really do. Also I’m pretty sure you meant gambit instead of triumph, triumph is pretty balanced, while gambit is on the stronger side.
All the QD/QS layers frankly have no use with the banment of QD/QS discs, the only reason for Triumph even being considered for watchlist is the overall lowered power level of layers.
(May. 26, 2023  5:45 AM)greg8972 Wrote:
(May. 26, 2023  5:11 AM)ICrazyEater Wrote: Wind would also need to be banned, while it is pretty lacking defensively, it completely overshadows any other stamina option. Wind can draw and even beat a good BDr combo, something that nothing else can really do. Also I’m pretty sure you meant gambit instead of triumph, triumph is pretty balanced, while gambit is on the stronger side.
All the QD/QS layers frankly have no use with the banment of QD/QS discs, the only reason for Triumph even being considered for watchlist is the overall lowered power level of layers.

Wind is still stupidly op even when locked to high mode. And gambit, while not as good and certainly not ban worthy, is still a very good layer
I will try this in august