"Build me a combo!"

(Aug. 15, 2008  3:46 PM)Bluezee Wrote: i have a buddy on youtube who may be able to participate in BOTB2, only problem is, he wants to make an attack combo and doesnt know what to choose...here are his blade( he would also like blades with defense and endurance_

1-ROCK BISON
2-DRAGOON G
3-DRACIEL G
4-GALZZLY
5-DRANZER V2
6-DRANZER F
7-FLASH LEPPARD
8-ORCA DIVER
9-DRIGER V2
10-WYBORG
11-GRIFFON

id say:

Attack
AR: Griffon
WD: Dragoon G
SG: Normal Right
BB: Orca Diver

Endurance:
AR: Orca Diver
WD: Dranzer V2
BB/SP: Dranzer V2

Defence:
AR: Draciel G
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Dranzer V2
BB: Driger V2

None of these excel or anything.
(Aug. 16, 2008  8:44 PM)Gotruto Wrote: id say:

Attack
AR: Griffon
WD: Dragoon G
BB: Orca Diver

Endurance:
AR: Orca Diver
WD: Dranzer V2
BB/SP: Dranzer V2

Defence:
AR: Draciel G
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Dranzer V2
BB: Driger V2

None of these excel or anything.

You said it. Those are all pretty bad combos, but I guess there isn't much he can do with those parts, which is why G suggested him to just use an uncustomized Dranzer V2 with an MG Core.
(Aug. 12, 2008  10:14 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: What is the best combo I can make out of a Dragoon, Dranzer & Driger V2?

I'm thinking maybe:
AR: Driger V2
WD: 10 Balance
SP: Driger V2
SG & BB: Dranzer V2

However, I don't really have much experience with V2 blades so this combo is likely to be kinda rubbish.
All help is appreciated.

Thanks Joyful_3

AR: dragoon v2
WD: 10 balance
SP: dranzer v2
SG: dragoon v2
BB: driger v2
(Aug. 20, 2008  3:30 AM)rockblade2012 Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2008  10:14 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: What is the best combo I can make out of a Dragoon, Dranzer & Driger V2?

I'm thinking maybe:

However, I don't really have much experience with V2 blades so this combo is likely to be kinda rubbish.
All help is appreciated.

Thanks Joyful_3

That combo is quite bad sorry to say Uncertain
(Aug. 20, 2008  3:30 AM)rockblade2012 Wrote:

I'm thinking maybe:

All help is appreciated.

Thanks Joyful_3

I tried this and it didn't work well. Dragoon V2's AR really reduces a blades endurance it would seem.
Get better blades.
Not that simple. My parents won't allow me to buy overseas, and the beyblade supply in the UK is kinda limited
(Aug. 20, 2008  10:57 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Not that simple. My parents won't allow me to buy overseas, and the beyblade supply in the UK is kinda limited

Not sure what you expect us to say ... this is a Beyblade board. Obviously one of the common pieces of advice will be to buy more Beyblades.
Yeah, I'll just make a topic in the Buy/Sell forum
maybe if you spun it in left and flipped the dranzer v2 fin tector
Dranzer V2 doesn't have fin tector. Draciel V2 does. Dranzer V2 come with Cross Survivor
i have
Rapid eagle
Dark gabriel
DragoonG (tip is worn out so its flat)
trygle 2 G
i
none of those blades are that good except maybe dragoon g, i say just switch dragoon g's EG with Trygle 2's for more attack and im not sure what gabriel u have, is it takara or hasbro?
(Aug. 21, 2008  10:07 AM)japbeyblader Wrote: i have
Rapid eagle
Dark gabriel
trygle 2 G
i

Stick with your MFB Tongue_out
(Aug. 21, 2008  8:51 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Dranzer V2 doesn't have fin tector. Draciel V2 does. Dranzer V2 come with Cross Survivor

you know what i mean :-p
(Aug. 21, 2008  3:40 PM)Maz Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2008  10:07 AM)japbeyblader Wrote: i have
Rapid eagle
Dark gabriel
trygle 2 G
i

Stick with your MFB Tongue_out
Yeah, seriously. Stick with Pegasis, it's the best MFB you have.Smile

(Aug. 21, 2008  3:53 PM)rockblade2012 Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2008  8:51 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Dranzer V2 doesn't have fin tector. Draciel V2 does. Dranzer V2 come with Cross Survivor

you know what i mean :-p

For future reference, you were referring to a Support Part, rockblade.
Just got an idea and tried it, posting this here since I don't think it's worth a whole thread

AR: Wing Cross
WD: Magne WD
SG: Neo-SG right (I had magnecore, but I think metal weight would be the same.)
BB: Metal Flat Base ( I think it's called like that, the one from Gaia Dragoon V)

I don't know what to call it, but it had a big advantage against spin stealers. It doesn't seem to feed their spin as well as other attackers (for example a combo with Dragoon v2's base and Triple Tiger).
The diameter of the WD is big, but the weight is centralized just like with a 10-Balance. Have you ever tried out stuff like that? I'm definitely gonna test it more sometime.
Hmm I'm not sure about that combo. Even though it may prevent it from getting abused from spin stealers (not sure how), there's not much else it'll stand up to. The BB makes it offensive in pattern, but like the rest doesn't work well with the BB. Test it out more and post the results.
(Aug. 21, 2008  8:42 PM)Sasch Wrote: Just got an idea and tried it, posting this here since I don't think it's worth a whole thread

AR: Wing Cross
WD: Magne WD
SG: Neo-SG right (I had magnecore, but I think metal weight would be the same.)
BB: Metal Flat Base ( I think it's called like that, the one from Gaia Dragoon V)

I don't know what to call it, but it had a big advantage against spin stealers. It doesn't seem to feed their spin as well as other attackers (for example a combo with Dragoon v2's base and Triple Tiger).
The diameter of the WD is big, but the weight is centralized just like with a 10-Balance. Have you ever tried out stuff like that? I'm definitely gonna test it more sometime.

Well, given the round shape, it does make spin stealing less effective, but what does this do back? Does it pack enough attack power to take out spin stealers before getting out-spun?
I'd stick with a standard attacker. If it has got enough attacking power to KO them or send them out of the stadium, then you won't have to worry about the spin-stealing.

Also, spin-stealers commonly go left and your combo always has to go right because of the AR, which doesn't help if you want to minimize spin-stealing effectiveness.
Can you guys make me a good HMS combo that is using non banned parts please please?

HMS:
Wolborg MS (i broke bottem)
Wyvern DJ
Hopper Attack
Dark Effigy
Advance Guardian
Thunder Serpent
Advance Averager
Draciel MS
Strata Dragoon
Dragon ms
Dranser ms
i would say use this combo, as it is a common cookie cutter:
BP: Any Tight fitting one
AR:Circle Upper( DEMS)
WD: Circle Wide(Comes with Dragoon MS)
RC: Grip Flat Core(dragoon ms base)
(Aug. 22, 2008  1:53 PM)Bluezee Wrote: i would say use this combo, as it is a common cookie cutter:
BP: Any Tight fitting one
AR:Circle Upper( DEMS)
WD: Circle Wide(Comes with Dragoon MS)
RC: Grip Flat Core(dragoon ms base)

Why suggest a cookie-cutter? I mean, I agree, that's the best combo you can get with your current parts, but we should be trying to get away from using cookie-cutters.

And rkayd, the restricted format isn't finalized, last I checked.

What kind of Beyblade are you looking to make, rkayd? A Smash Attacker, Upper Attacker, Survival...?

EDIT: Bluezee, you realize that you just made a combo with two parts that could be restricted, right?
Isn't Circle Upper one of them?