Poll: Tournament somewhere in bristol?

YES!!!!
66.67%
No....
16.67%
Maybe
16.67%
Total: 100% 12 vote(s)
Yep, I'm gonna try and organise another one. Post here if you would be interested in attending.

Name: Bristol Battle Bladers: Return of the Underdogs
Format: Round robin
Venue: Bristol, Castle Park, the Bandstand.
Date: ?????
Prices: £3
People interested:
Enzoxs
Callum6939
taz465
CrazyMonkey
BladeStorm (Maybe)

When we get eight people to say maybe, we can discuss the date.

[Image: smqaz5.jpg]

IGNORE PAGES 1-4
me and Taz465 would help although we dont have any BB-10s
Ahh...... I don't know anyone that has a stadium and would let me borrow it. I thought you were getting a set?
Callum has a Standard stadium, Red balance floor which is WBO legal. You don't need BB-10s.
i am going to buy one im nearly there but just a tad behind at the minute i have a balance stadium but we can just really on one BB-10 taz my be getting one on 25th march
Oh yeah. I forgot he had one of those.

EDIT: We won't be hosting a tourney before the 25th of March I don't think. Are you going to get the stadium of dimsum2u?
I'll supply a prize if this gets official.
(Mar. 06, 2011  1:19 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: I'll supply a prize if this gets official.

Thanks! When i said i know of a couple of bladers around Bristol, i did'nt just mean Callum and Taz. My school is crazy about beyblades so i may be able to get some of my friends to register, and bring them along.
BladeStorm
thanks thats good, i also hope we can get this official as we will be able to get bladers to come which cant travel to london

Wow you serious nice Enzoxs get a couple more people interested, but do they have WBO accounts?
(Mar. 06, 2011  1:16 PM)Enzoxs Wrote: Oh yeah. I forgot he had one of those.

EDIT: We won't be hosting a tourney before the 25th of March I don't think. Are you going to get the stadium of dimsum2u?

if i do buy one (soon as i do have £25 and im owed money lol) i should be able to buy its just a matter of the stadium getting here
No, my friends don't have acounts, but i can get them to register. CrazyMonkey is one of those people. Buying stadium, you should pay the £1.50 extra for postage, i heard it gets there really fast if you do do that. Also, with that option, you get a tracking number.
(Mar. 06, 2011  1:37 PM)Enzoxs Wrote: No, my friends don't have acounts, but i can get them to register. CrazyMonkey is one of those people. Buying stadium, you should pay the £1.50 extra for postage, i heard it gets there really fast if you do do that. Also, with that option, you get a tracking number.

this message should really just be PMed as it is more personal for delivery than tournament Joyful_2

we should decide how much it will be for entry (£3 average) and so fourth and we need to get an estimate on how many people would attend as, we need to decide the ruling (doble elim/ team etc)
I reckon the format should be Round robin. If we get enough people we can do block round robin. I think £3 might be a bit much. Who do we give the money from entrance fees to after the tourney?
http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf

First, before you do ANYTHING, make sure to read the WBO Event Guide!

An event cannot be considered an official WBO-sanctioned event until it is approved by the WBO Committee. To get approval, you must first propose your event.

To propose an event, you should post a new topic in this forum with the following information:

* Name: The proposed name of the event.
* Date: Approximate date you would like the event to take place.
* Venue: Where the event will be held. If it's at a convention or other similar event, be sure to specify that!
* Expected Turnout: How many people you expect to attend the event. Important note: You need to show a list of eight already confirmed participants for your proposed tournament.
* Format: What play format you want to run the tournament as.
* Additional information: Any other information you can provide us. Tell us about yourself, your history with Beyblade, why you want to run a tournament ... generally, the more information you give us, the more likely we will approve your proposal (and the less likely we'll be to ask more questions).

Remember, the topic name and your name will be visible to anyone, but the contents of the topic are only visible to yourself and the WBO Committee. If you submit all of this information correctly and have a strong plan, there's a great chance that your event will be approved.

from the event proposal forum
Yeah. I read the event guide 10 mins ago. Still got stuff to decide before we make an event proposal. Im stumped for the venue....
we give the money to the WBO of course, but we also may need to use some as we would be having to buy the venue to do the tournament in Joyful_2

also can you give me the link for the round robin rulings as i have not read up on that one yet Pinching_eyes_2
(Mar. 06, 2011  2:13 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: we give the money to the WBO of course, but we also may need to use some as we would be having to buy the venue to do the tournament in Joyful_2

also can you give me the link for the round robin rulings as i have not read up on that one yet Pinching_eyes_2

How do we give the money to the WBO? We would only need to use some if we had to hire a room or something. Link above in BladeStorm's post.
(Mar. 06, 2011  2:15 PM)Enzoxs Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  2:13 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: we give the money to the WBO of course, but we also may need to use some as we would be having to buy the venue to do the tournament in Joyful_2

How do we give the money to the WBO? We would only need to use some if we had to hire a room or something. Link above in BladeStorm's post.

I think you send money via paypal to the WBO's paypal account when you have pm'ed the attendees, outcome and report to a commitee member.
How will we get the beypoints info in?
(Mar. 06, 2011  2:15 PM)Enzoxs Wrote:

bladestorm is a fundraiser for the WBO so he knows how to donate so all we need to do is get him to help us out with that Joyful_2 also the hiring of a room must be done before the tournament so we would need to save money to do so and the money from the tournament will help us not loose the remainder goes to the WBO Joyful_2

Edit: thanks i now read up on round robin
Thanks. So we hire the room with our own money?
Well unless you opt for a public, outdoor venue, most probably.
Maybe we should do it at one of the parks around. It would make things much easier.
yes although what if it rains (like last tourney feb-bey-ary freeze) we will need shelter
We find a sunny day?
Or we could give a date and then if it rains bad enough pospone it to another day
I think the 2nd option is the best idea.

I have another question. On the event guide it says if we don't have the ablity to process beybattle data ourselves, then PM the results to Bey brad, but in bey brad sig it says he no longer works for WBO. What do you do?