Boy/girl friend Thread

(Jun. 04, 2011  1:09 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:03 AM)blah Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  12:59 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Sixth grade and you're worrying about dating? Shouldn't you be playing video games or sports or G.I. Joes or something?

When I was seventh grade, boys had cooties and they wouldn't be caught dead with a girl. Around eighth is when a few of the boys started to hang out with the girls and flirt...but then again, those same boys would always flirt with each other, too, so iunno.

Notice how he's only 11 years old ? Hahaha, I wouldn't have expected such things of an 11 year old ... ><
This is gross. That's the age I learned about the birds and the bees and I can explicitly remember my 10 year old brother running out of the room screaming telling my mother and I that he was never going near a girl ever. The we learned about Santa a year later...

Times have change.

I even have a girlfriend now. I've known her for a while. Her best friend came up to me yesterday during lunch and told me she wanted me to ask her out. So I did. Yesterday and today after school we've gone to the creek by our house. Luckily she lives not too far from me. We'll be hanging out a lot during the summer Smile
I'm homeschooling my children until high school and I will make sure there are no TVs in the house.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:52 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm homeschooling my children until high school and I will make sure there are no TVs in the house.

What about Beyblades? By then they'll be firing lasers and have spikes on them.
I'd rather have my kids play with those deadly toys then have them learn about the real world...
(Jun. 04, 2011  12:59 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  12:52 AM)Titan Blader Wrote: Ah, dating. I've had a girlfriend almost every school year. This year and last were off years, but I will bounce back next year. Somehow, one of my friends (who is annoying and most people don't like) got a gf, and they KISSED yesterday! Notice how we're in sixth grade.
Sixth grade and you're worrying about dating? Shouldn't you be playing video games or sports or G.I. Joes or something?

When I was seventh grade, boys had cooties and they wouldn't be caught dead with a girl. Around eighth is when a few of the boys started to hang out with the girls and flirt...but then again, those same boys would always flirt with each other, too, so iunno.

I don't know how we're dating there, but it happens. Cooties ended for most of us in first grade. As to the last part, LMAOx100!
Just started seeing someone a few weeks ago. First girlfriend in almost 7 years. Pity it looks like she's moving away in a few months. Whatever, might be time for me to shake things up a bit in my life, hahaha.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:59 AM)Titan Blader Wrote: I don't know how we're dating there, but it happens. Cooties ended for most of us in first grade. As to the last part, LMAOx100!
You should at least know how you are dating so it is meaningful and not an impulsive method of appearing to "look cool"...
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:21 AM)Spinster Wrote: Just started seeing someone a few weeks ago. First girlfriend in almost 7 years. Pity it looks like she's moving away in a few months. Whatever, might be time for me to shake things up a bit in my life, hahaha.
Wow, 7 years? I don't know how you do it, man. Please teach me this level of patience.
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:25 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:59 AM)Titan Blader Wrote: I don't know how we're dating there, but it happens. Cooties ended for most of us in first grade. As to the last part, LMAOx100!
You should at least know how you are dating so it is meaningful and not an impulsive method of appearing to "look cool"...
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:21 AM)Spinster Wrote: Just started seeing someone a few weeks ago. First girlfriend in almost 7 years. Pity it looks like she's moving away in a few months. Whatever, might be time for me to shake things up a bit in my life, hahaha.
Wow, 7 years? I don't know how you do it, man. Please teach me this level of patience.

By how it happened, I ment how we actually came to a point in time when eleven year olds were datin' and kissin'. Some do it to look cool, and I may have too, but with me, now, it's different.
Oh, and nice story. A little too wordy to read the entire thing on my PS3.
Eh, you get pretty solidly used to being single after about a year or so of it. Truth be told, it's kind of nice not to have to answer to anyone but yourself. When you're single, your schedule is your own thing. But it's lonesome, too. I'm glad my girl and I met. Timing was right.

I know this wont put at me but i comment anyway.Im 11 I like GIRLS not to look cool but because i actuallly like them but there not my girlfriend i never had a girlfriend but i plan on having one once i muster up the coruage to ask one out Tired i fear to many things .But Girls stoped having cooties in the grade im in right now xD. My best friend is all doing it to be cool and to say he has a girlfriend. I understand what you guys are saying when you mean we shouldnt be thinking about dating half kids in my class dont even know what the word true love means Nor do i but i can at least understand soemthing about it (ugh i ramble to much let me stop now)
(Jun. 04, 2011  3:39 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote:

I know this wont put at me but i comment anyway.Im 11 I like GIRLS not to look cool but because i actuallly like them but there not my girlfriend i never had a girlfriend but i plan on having one once i muster up the coruage to ask one out Tired i fear to many things .But Girls stoped having cooties in the grade im in right now xD. My best friend is all doing it to be cool and to say he has a girlfriend. I understand what you guys are saying when you mean we shouldnt be thinking about dating half kids in my class dont even know what the word true love means Nor do i but i can at least understand soemthing about it (ugh i ramble to much let me stop now)
When a girl you meet stops being one of many and becomes the only one, that's when you're ready for a first relationship.
(Jun. 04, 2011  4:31 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  3:39 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote:

I know this wont put at me but i comment anyway.Im 11 I like GIRLS not to look cool but because i actuallly like them but there not my girlfriend i never had a girlfriend but i plan on having one once i muster up the coruage to ask one out -_- i fear to many things .But Girls stoped having cooties in the grade im in right now xD. My best friend is all doing it to be cool and to say he has a girlfriend. I understand what you guys are saying when you mean we shouldnt be thinking about dating half kids in my class dont even know what the word true love means Nor do i but i can at least understand soemthing about it (ugh i ramble to much let me stop now)
When a girl you meet stops being one of many and becomes the only one, that's when you're ready for a first relationship.

^.^ Thanks Deikailo ur so helpful xD we need you to pick at your brain and learn what they want from us >:3
(Jun. 04, 2011  4:37 AM)Captain Caprii Wrote: Joyful_2 Thanks Deikailo ur so helpful xD we need you to pick at your brain and learn what they want from us >:3
Good luck with that one because I am constantly asking my male friends that question lol.

I think some good qualities are not to try to hard, commitment, stability, and social valor.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:52 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm homeschooling my children until high school and I will make sure there are no TVs in the house.
Oh man no T.V.... you strictly gonna teach them beyblade skill? let me teach them Math Wink
(Jun. 04, 2011  4:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think some good qualities are not to try to hard, commitment, stability, and social valor.
But when I do drink beer, its Dos Equis.

lol anyway, I know who I'm asking advice from!
after all this deikailo will be the center of attraction...asking for tips and advice...i've had my first girlfriend when i'm seventeen...by that time i think i'm abnormal but when i see it here, now i know i'm normal...but it was foolish of me to let go that sweet girl...until now i feel guilty...Unhappy
Congratulations Spinster! Hope things work out well for you.

Ahh, kids these days just make me feel sad now. Forcing themselves to grow up because it's cool is plain disgusting, IMO.
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:05 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Congratulations Spinster! Hope things work out well for you.

Ahh, kids these days just make me feel sad now. Forcing themselves to grow up because it's cool is plain disgusting, IMO.

It'll actually get worse because kids and newer-adults will fall for a new dating site called "Christian Mingle", which methinks the founder has no concept of how the internet works. (I.E. so many people fake their beliefs on the internet)

EDIT:

What I am trying to say is, people are open to focus on the wrong things when it comes to dating now. If not the unalienable priorities.
(Jun. 04, 2011  1:04 PM)peace Wrote: after all this deikailo will be the center of attraction...asking for tips and advice...i've had my first girlfriend when i'm seventeen...by that time i think i'm abnormal but when i see it here, now i know i'm normal...but it was foolish of me to let go that sweet girl...until now i feel guilty...Unhappy
Why did you think you were not normal?
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:05 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Congratulations Spinster! Hope things work out well for you.

Two years ago I was telling an 8 and 10 year old how I was still saving myself for someone I really cared about (I was 19 at the time) and they laughed at me. I told my 23 year old coworker this (he was one of those ripped Italian ex-military dudes) and his response was "what are they doing talking about sex? Shouldn't they be playing with Barbies or something?"
We are not doing it to look cool(some are). I'm probably the third person to say this.
well it was awkward by that time, i live in a country full of customs and ethics and i was not used to bf/gf things. this is because it is not our culture custom. that is why i felt like a slight guilt to have a gf by that time because i was still immature...i don't know..it is like awkward...XD
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:12 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Two years ago I was telling an 8 and 10 year old how I was still saving myself for someone I really cared about (I was 19 at the time) and they laughed at me. I told my 23 year old coworker this (he was one of those ripped Italian ex-military dudes) and his response was "what are they doing talking about sex? Shouldn't they be playing with Barbies or something?"
Haha, that's pretty much what I say. The worst part is you can't really school them on their own ignorance, when they think they already know it all.

It's a big shame though.

I already plan to scare away any boys interested in my cousins when they grow up haha.
Peace, most people get confused with "dating" and a "relationship". If being in a relationship is too intimidating, you should just date her. See each other in the hopes of being together one day, but for now, you are just establishing a baseline for it by casually hanging out and going to a dinner/movie on occasion.
(Jun. 04, 2011  3:09 PM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2011  2:12 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Two years ago I was telling an 8 and 10 year old how I was still saving myself for someone I really cared about (I was 19 at the time) and they laughed at me. I told my 23 year old coworker this (he was one of those ripped Italian ex-military dudes) and his response was "what are they doing talking about sex? Shouldn't they be playing with Barbies or something?"
Haha, that's pretty much what I say. The worst part is you can't really school them on their own ignorance, when they think they already know it all.

It's a big shame though.

I already plan to scare away any boys interested in my cousins when they grow up haha.
Good man.

For any kids that listen, I will generally break down purity as supply and demand. The longer you wait in life, the less the supply is. There is always a demand for innocence and once everyone has lost it and you still have it, you can get a hell of a lot more for it (i.e. nicer/better guy for the girls, more respect from a girl for a guy). Since this new generation has no morals, they must have some sort of business sense.

But if you must look cool while saving it, you can always talk as if you've already been with one or two people before. My advice is no names for that and make some very suggestive statements while not actually claiming it to be fact. "I'm a gentleman. Do you think I kiss and tell?" Something like that.

Or at least that's how I got by in boarding school. Sex and drugs were ramped so I just learned as much as I could about everything to make it seem like I was a part of it, too, so I wouldn't be bothered.
(Jun. 04, 2011  3:19 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Peace, most people get confused with "dating" and a "relationship". If being in a relationship is too intimidating, you should just date her. See each other in the hopes of being together one day, but for now, you are just establishing a baseline for it by casually hanging out and going to a dinner/movie on occasion.

yes, maybe you're right. i don't really know whether it is permanent like for the rest of my life or not. it is just for the time being i really like her..but sometimes i get confused for example if i sees a girl(not just on the looks but also their behavior or personality) that is great at my eyes i started to think that i might just love her more that the on now...Speechless
(Jun. 05, 2011  2:18 PM)@w3$ome Wrote: I'm single. Yippee.

Then don't post here. This thread is for talking about your significant other, not for bemoaning the fact that you don't have one.

Anyway, Michael and I are coming up on 8 months next week. Grin