Bootleg Video Games

Strap yourselves in, we are gonna be talking about bootlegs. It can be the history, your past, or even funny bootleg games you found.
I consider myself a colector of bootlegs. Bootleg everything in general, movies, games, even comics. Let the conversation begin!
Why not post something about bootlegged games to start the conversation?

Also, I assume this is about weird knockoffs (like all those garbled Pokémon games from China) and not just illegal copies of the source material.
Oh yeah. Well I collect bootleg famicom games. The 101 in 1 multicarts are the easiest to collect for me. Yeah I don't mean like legit piracy. Have you ever played Final Fantasy VII for the NES Mr Brad?
I saw a playthrough of a pirated NES version of Donkey Kong Country on YouTube once.
Ohh yes! Super Donkey Kong Country 4! That was a port developed by Hummer Team in 96 I believe. It's a really good nes port I must say.
(Nov. 25, 2015  11:22 PM)Den Wrote: Oh yeah. Well I collect bootleg famicom games. The 101 in 1 multicarts are the easiest to collect for me. Yeah I don't mean like legit piracy. Have you ever played Final Fantasy VII for the NES Mr Brad?

No. You should post some info about it to stimulate the conversation Grin
Okay. Well, the unofficial port was made by Waixing Technology in late 2003 to 2004. It took the engie from the Japan only Final Fantasy II. Waixing, for those who don't know, used the FFII engie for tons of unofficial ports. Such as Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Pokémon Yellow all for the NES/Famicom.
I love the Pokemon games on Famicom; they're so weird and broken yet look nice and stuff. Ruby definitely was the best one made.
I have a GBA Cartridge that has 123 games in one. I had a Finding Nemo, Around The World In 80 days, Super Mario Advance 4 for GBA, Lion King SNES and a bunch of NES games, all in one GBA cartridge.

I also remember a Sonic 4 bootleg which was a Speedy Gonzalis rom hack with Sonic instead and it sucks!
Ah! Those GBA Multicarts are often made by a program called "Pocket NES" I am surprised you found one. Also, yes Sonic 4, that's a popular bootleg I must say. Have you played "Pocket Monster" for the SNES?
(Nov. 26, 2015  2:04 AM)Den Wrote: Ah! Those GBA Multicarts are often made by a program called "Pocket NES" I am surprised you found one. Also, yes Sonic 4, that's a popular bootleg I must say. Have you played "Pocket Monster" for the SNES?

I'm surprised all that can fit in a cartridge, it's also my first video game ever! It also introduced me to one if the worst NES games M.U.S.C.L.E.

I haven't played Pocket Monster yet.
(Nov. 26, 2015  2:04 AM)Den Wrote: Ah! Those GBA Multicarts are often made by a program called "Pocket NES" I am surprised you found one. Also, yes Sonic 4, that's a popular bootleg I must say. Have you played "Pocket Monster" for the SNES?

Speaking of Sonic 4, wasn't there a thing in there, where the player can free imprisoned Mario clones trapped in cages?
Yeah, "Sonic 4", on the SNES. A hack of a speedy Gonzales game.
"SONIK SONIK"
"MAWIOW"
plug n'play consoles (wii version), ProJared talked about this before.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I've only ever played bootleg Pokemon games like FireRed and Emerald. I think the really obvious bootlegs are hilarious sometimes but I never buy and play them.