Blading on a Budget

That's why it's cheaper to just buy the bey.
Plus you bet more parts, rip cord, and launcher to!
(Dec. 29, 2010  2:40 AM)Omega12 Wrote: The only bey gear you need is the Launcher Grip and the String launcher. In North America anyway.

Am I weird for thinking the string launcher is gonna smack me in the hand when I let it go?
I wish they didn't come with the Launcher and Rip Cord though. They could sell them cheaper if they didn't. (I have about 20 launchers in a box)

It doesn't really smack you in the hand. I was reluctant to buy the string launcher because I thought it would be horrible, but I bought it today and it's well worth it, even if you are on a budget.
DON'T BELIEVE MC FROWN! It really depends on how you are holding it. And at what angle you let go.
Just updated the list. I've added a list of threads that may be useful and some of the ideas here are brilliant.
"Research your blade".
Before you go off and get that blade you want, you might want to check to see whether the blade that too your fancy has substance as well as style.

I should have remembered that when I purchased Nightmare Rex SW145SD.
Well, I don't get an allowance and I'm 13. Plus, I have to earn all my gifts, and that even happens very infrequently. My total beyblade gear:
2 Storm Pegasis (One from SV set)
LL Drago from SV set
3 Beylaunchers
SV stadium
2 Launcher grips
That's all, folks! Plus, when I tried to set up a Paypal for buying TT beyblades, it said my parent's credit card number was already being used, even though no one in my family ever set up a paypal account! (I confirmed that last bit w/ my parents). So I'm screwed. Now what? There's nothing I can do.
Unless you get your own card. Sorry.
(Dec. 29, 2010  5:35 PM)Firinmahlazuh Wrote: Well, I don't get an allowance and I'm 13. Plus, I have to earn all my gifts, and that even happens very infrequently. My total beyblade gear:
2 Storm Pegasis (One from SV set)
LL Drago from SV set
3 Beylaunchers
SV stadium
2 Launcher grips
That's all, folks! Plus, when I tried to set up a Paypal for buying TT beyblades, it said my parent's credit card number was already being used, even though no one in my family ever set up a paypal account! (I confirmed that last bit w/ my parents). So I'm screwed. Now what? There's nothing I can do.

Time to get that card cancelled and get a new one from the card company.
Before you do that, make sure to double check and make sure you typed the card number in 100% correctly.
(Dec. 29, 2010  4:29 AM)NightWolf Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2010  2:40 AM)Omega12 Wrote: The only bey gear you need is the Launcher Grip and the String launcher. In North America anyway.

Am I weird for thinking the string launcher is gonna smack me in the hand when I let it go?
Don't. Let. Go.
It'll snap back, hurt your hand, and hurt the launcher itself.
Hold it when you pull it and ease it back to normal position.
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:20 AM)ILikeLyke Wrote:

Don't. Let. Go.

but if you dont let go the you wont get a strong launch Uncertain

thats why i just dont use them; they hurt my hand (not by snapping back)
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:31 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:20 AM)ILikeLyke Wrote:

Don't. Let. Go.

but if you dont let go the you wont get a strong launch Uncertain

thats why i just dont use them; they hurt my hand (not by snapping back)

I get a plenty strong shot by not letting go. It seems you get more control over the shot too, at least for me. I'm able to do a sliding shot very well with it.
Anyone who complains about Beylauncher pain is a whimp.
You're only sabotaging yourselves.
^What? Why would I want to use a launcher that hurts my hand?

I'm a wimp because beylaunchers cause me pain?
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:43 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Anyone who complains about Beylauncher pain is a whimp.
You're only sabotaging yourselves.

My Beylauncher always gets me, and I don't complain. Maybe after I get used to using it, it won't hit me? That or I will get used to the pain.
(Dec. 30, 2010  1:52 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: ^What? Why would I want to use a launcher that hurts my hand?

I'm a wimp because beylaunchers cause me pain?

Because it's a lot better, and doesn't really hit your hand often, unless you're using it wrong.

He's saying you're a wimp because the pain from using a beyblade launcher makes you complain and stop using it.
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:13 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Because it's a lot better, and doesn't really hit your hand often, unless you're using it wrong.

He's saying you're a wimp because the pain from using a beyblade launcher makes you complain and stop using it.

but it doesnt hit my hand, it just hurts when i use it Uncertain
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:16 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:13 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Because it's a lot better, and doesn't really hit your hand often, unless you're using it wrong.

but it doesnt hit my hand, it just hurts when i use it Uncertain
Exactly.... what? Get used to the pain or wear some gloves.
Get a grip. Literally get a MFB Grip, The Beylauncher should make less contact with your hand if you use the Grip.

Though the Beylauncher never made contact with me much even without a grip..
you people sometimes confuse me with your indirect posts...
and for the string launcher, just wrap a rubber band around the end of the string stick thingy, and put the rubber band on your wrist. that way, if you let go of it when you let it rip, it doesnt snap back and hit your hand holding the launcher itself!
OH LAWDY PLEASE GET ON TOPIC HERE.

As to the OP, and the whole idea of the thread, there's just one thing that you need to know:

If you don't have a job/get an allowance/make money and you want to stay competitive, then this game is not for you. As new beys come out and as new parts are tested, more beys will become outclassed. Honestly, if someone started in 2008 and wanted to stay competitive until now, he would have probably spent hundreds of dollars in beys. As long as your parents allow you and you can afford it, then buy the stuff on the must-buy list.

To be honest, I don't understand why this thread was made. One can easily use the resources already provided here about what to buy, where to buy it, and how to spot fakes.