Beyblade promotion at anime conventions?

Say I were to try drum up local Beyblade hype by arranging to organize an event of sorts at an anime convention. (I wouldn't dare advertise it as WBO certified without actual certification, but I would definitely refer to you guys) From what I recall, the WBO has organized several anime convention-based events in Canada. But how would I go about instating a "rental" system of sorts for people who want to participate but don't actually own Beyblades? I've seen "spreads" of parts and wheels in the coverage videos at Anime Evolution and etc which lead me to believe that the WBO would allow custom top rentals at such events, but I could be wrong and it could just be a random spread of assorted parts. Any sort of guidance in regards to this topic would be splendid, especially from the individuals who have ran such events at Anime North and whatnot. Thanks.
I am not certain, but I believe people had to pay a given amount of money, and the parts were random. Obviously you should be able to get more details from Kei.
At Anime North, what we do is a "parts draft". For $10 or so (the aim is to break even), we provide participants who do not own any Beyblades with a shooter/winder and then allow them to choose a random selection of parts to form a complete Beyblade so that they can compete in the tournament.

The point of making the parts selection random is so that all of the good parts would not be taken immediately, thus putting people who draft later on at a disadvantage, and to also encourage Bladers to interact and trade parts with others.
Even more thanks for the information! Although, I have some more questions; Were there any instances of theft at these events? Or if there had been none, what was the protocol in regards to loss prevention? Furthermore, in regards to "breaking even," were the tops that were provided purchased before AN and then given to the participants following the event?
(Sep. 28, 2010  1:19 AM)RTP49 Wrote: Even more thanks for the information! Although, I have some more questions; Were there any instances of theft at these events? Or if there had been none, what was the protocol in regards to loss prevention? Furthermore, in regards to "breaking even," were the tops that were provided purchased before AN and then given to the participants following the event?

If there was any instances of theft, I wasn't made aware of them (though I did have a scare, thinking that I had lost a MF Earth Aquario C145WB, but I ended up finding it later ... buried in my pocket lol). It's the Blader's responsibility to keep track of their Beyblades. If they do lose something we try our best to help them find it ... but we can't stop everything and search everyone, especially given the limited timeslot we are given at the convention.

Yeah, we purchased the parts draft parts before the event, then before the event started opened them all up, and separated everything into different containers (ex. a box for Wheels, a box for Clear Wheels, etc).
Well, I sent off the applications for my panel and tournament to the convention heads to look over. When I receive more information and have more questions I'd like to ask, I'll just ask here again I suppose. But aside from that, again, thanks for the information!