Beyblade Videos

Some new Beyblade Colosseum videos, though they honestly make Burst look pretty bad:

Enough with the Burst Finish = 2 points nonsense ... this is one instance where I really don't care at all what Takara-Tomy says. It doesn't make sense with how the game actually plays.

Ragnaruk actually winning is a prime example of what I mean. lol. I hope kids don't run to buy Ragnaruk based on this.
(Aug. 13, 2015  11:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Enough with the Burst Finish = 2 points nonsense ... this is one instance where I really don't care at all what Takara-Tomy says. It doesn't make sense with how the game actually plays.

Ragnaruk actually winning is a prime example of what I mean. lol. I hope kids don't run to buy Ragnaruk based on this.
Sorry about that, since it's official I figured it would be great to demonstrate it. It's definitely a lot more fun for myself than making several rounds to just get 3 points.
The purpose of requiring three wins over two is to better represent the actual relative performance of each Beyblade. I mean, in the case of your video, Ragnaruk Heavy Survive trampled Kerbeus. That's totally NOT representative of typical use. And of course, your videos are under no obligation to represent typical use. But I think to jump Ragnaruk two-points ahead because of the kamikaze nature of its Layer is bad gameplay.
(Aug. 13, 2015  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The purpose of requiring three wins over two is to better represent the actual relative performance of each Beyblade. I mean, in the case of your video, Ragnaruk Heavy Survive trampled Kerbeus. That's totally NOT representative of typical use. And of course, your videos are under no obligation to represent typical use. But I think to jump Ragnaruk two-points ahead because of the kamikaze nature of its Layer is bad gameplay.
I see what you mean now. Adding on to what you said, I'm doing it more for entertainment purposes rather than actual standard testing results. I guess I'll have to decide between those two options.
(Aug. 12, 2015  5:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I guess right vs. left spin Burst is theoretically possible ...

Also, this is pretty brutal. I'm the first to raise the "different gens, different expectations!" banner, but to see them all lose to a handspun Beyblade is a bit sad ...

That said, I suspect Meteor L-Drago's rubber parts actually make it well-suited for Bursting.

Meteo L Drago has been able to do do that to some low tier MFB blades iirc. The rubber makes it great at impact absorption
The thing is, I could almost deal with it if a KO was worth 2 points, since that's actually quite difficult to pull off right now ...
(Aug. 13, 2015  11:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The thing is, I could almost deal with it if a KO was worth 2 points, since that's actually quite difficult to pull off right now ...
I've made up my mind by deciding to use the standard first to 3 points. Smile I can already imagine having my parts wear down and bursting a lot more often. That would be a disaster if each one is worth 2 points.
Valkyrie is gonna wear down fast man. Sadly.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to harangue you on it. I'm mostly just annoyed by that rule.

May redo this video, strictly for the fact that the battle with libra and serpent should've turned out rapidly different.
Theres nothing wrong with a different conclusion as long as the battle conditions are all fair. Do people seriously watch battle videos only to expect to see another beyblade kick another ones backside?
(Aug. 14, 2015  1:04 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Theres nothing wrong with a different conclusion as long as the battle conditions are all fair. Do people seriously watch battle videos only to expect to see another beyblade kick another ones backside?

If that's what you took from my posts you're willfully misreading it.
What? That was a reply to Meta Madness, not you.
(Aug. 14, 2015  1:04 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Theres nothing wrong with a different conclusion as long as the battle conditions are all fair. Do people seriously watch battle videos only to expect to see another beyblade kick another ones backside?

lol maybe should watch it to see what I mean though after seeing the Serpent match, the performance tip got launched off of it. As for the Libra match well it was still technically in the stadium. No outs mofo~
Oh I see, I actually watched it but probably didn't see the problems.
lol sorry JINBEE, seemed to line up perfectly with the conversation we were just having, but obviously I totally misunderstood.
Actually when I read it, it does, sorry about that.
Ok, so here Is video #2 and yes, I decided that it shall henceforth be known as the HoverStadium
That is awesome ZachBob. Congrats on getting that made
Riviting.

Now that's a beyblade gen 1 stadium in real life if I do say so myself.
(Aug. 14, 2015  5:41 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: That is awesome ZachBob. Congrats on getting that made

Thanks man, I threw this together real quick, I have plans to hopefully make it string-less by using two large clear plastic tubes(one as a guide, and one for the stadium to rest on if it tilts too much.)I may also attach wings to my stadium, that only seems fitting and logical. This has become some elaborate science project for me lol.
Nice. Or tubes that it slides on and they have things on them that don't let it slide down too far
(Aug. 14, 2015  6:28 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Nice. Or tubes that it slides on and they have things on them that don't let it slide down too far

Interesting concept... actually just putting 3-6 tall posts around the stadium for it to bounce off of could work. I'm trying to get away from the stadium being physically attached to anything. I want that ish to be flying free. I'm hoping that by putting a clear tube around the whole thing that it will generate more up force. Too much air is going off to the sides, it could be floating a foot or two in the air. I just need a very large sheet of bendable plastic and some metal rings or something to shape it into a cylinder.

And from there I could put a net on the inside to catch falling beys and Burst parts. And make it so that all I have to do Is duct tape that apparatus to the AC unit and i'm ready to just drop the stadium in and battle.

There will be a lot of trial and error while engineering this. But I believe it's possible. And for some reason, worth it.