7.69%
Pretty good
23.08%
Needs some work
17.09%
Boo!
17.95%
Total: 100% 117 vote(s)
Thanks so much. Also, we're eating out for breakfast tomorrow!
what the?????? what do you mean? and no problem
By eating out for breakfast, we mean going somewhere for breakfast! With my family!
I am happy to announce that Chapter 7: Preliminary Rounds, is in the works! Feel free to give suggestions, though some of you may prefer it if I come up with my own ideas! Don't be scared!
I Don't really get why there is a suggestions thread when we just post our suggestions in here.
Another good chapter. If I may, I suggest you avoid empty qualifiers like "a lot" or "very". Their meaning varies from person to person.
Thanks for the criticism!
Chapter 7: Opening Ceremony

Author's Note: I decided, instead, to make a chapter to build up hype for the battles to come!

After beating Kurumu and her cronies in the boy's locker room and driving them away, Reiji, Alister, and Zane prepare for the first round of the tournament, which is up in the gymnasium. When they got there, they smiled at the large numbers of competitors to take down. "Well, boys, looks like this tournament's competition is going to be real sweet to battle!", smugged Reiji. Zane and Alister nodded in agreement as the they and Reiji get into position for the opening ceremony of the tournament.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages! Welcome to the 2011 Oceanview High School Cup!", started the tournament DJ, "And we have a treat for this year's tournament: The winner gets to battle world-class Battle Strikers player Kevin Lobos, the leader of Team Predator!". The crowd cheered at the DJ's announcement as the DJ then cleared his throat and continued, "And now, to introduce the competitors of this year's tournament! First up is the local Battle Strikers player, Zane Zecom!", as Zane Zecom (yes, that's his surname, and if you don't like it that much, I'll change it. Also, it's pronounced Zee-kom) walks up onto the platform and borrows the mic from the DJ, saying "My Dragonfire and I are gonna roast the competition!", as he then hands the mic back to the DJ and goes over to a row of chairs to take his seat. "Next, we have newcomer Reiji Kurokawa!", announced the DJ as Reiji steps onto the platform and waves to the crowd with a cocky smirk on face, before taking his seat with Zane. Alister was next as the DJ announced his name. Alister, whose last name is Blackwood, borrows the DJ's mic and he announces coldly, "Anyone up against me should watch out! My Hades' defenses knows no bounds!", before going to his chair. After several minutes of introducing the competitors, the DJ then announced, "Now that we introduced the competitors, we have a speech that Mr. Lobos would like to share!", as the brown-haired, blue-eyed young adult walk onto the platform and borrows the DJ's mike.

"My friends", started Kevin as he then continues the speech, "The reason why this tournament's prize is an great opportunity to battle me, a world-class contender, is because I want to see for myself if there's any real competition in whoever wins. Even if this guy's not using a Battle Striker, but a Beyblade instead, but it's not a bad thing! If there are any Beybladers, let them participate! I'd like to see what they could do, if any. It shouldn't have to matter whether or not you win, it's how you battle. Battle Strikers is supposed to be about having fun, and those who think winning is everything and being an arrogant, mean-spirited bully with no respect for sportsmanship, should learn humility the HARD WAY, especially Team Phantom's own Mordecai Darkovich. Also, word on the street, is that Justin Kruger, the leader of Team Phantom, is sending his teammates to hound some Bladers that are said to have come into town recently, who may be participating in this very tournament. The part about the Bladers participating is not a bad thing, but the part where Kruger sent his teammates to harass them, that's the bad thing, so players, be on your guard for any Team Phantom members popping out of nowhere! But anyways, have fun you sons of guns!"

At that last part, the crowd went wild. Reiji breathed a relieved sigh, he thought Kevin was going to turn the other competitors against him and his compatriots!

Zane asks him, "Why the relieved sigh, man?". Reiji replied, "Sorry to break the forth wall--again! But, as the author has written, I thought Lobos was going to turn the other competitors against us!".

Little Q for ya:

Since WHEN did Kev know about beys? Thanks.
This world used to have Beyblades but they phased out in favor of the magnetically-controlled Battle Strikers.
(Oct. 19, 2011  3:51 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: This world used to have Beyblades but they phased out in favor of the magnetically-controlled Battle Strikers.

OOOOOOOOooooooohhhhhh...

Thanks. Hopefully that doesnt happen in real life Tongue_out
If it does, i am s**ing totally, good work T. L-Drago!
Thanks! Grin
I'm going to center Chapter 8 on Zane's first battle in the tournament.
Chapter 8: Dragonfire Evolves! Zane's Battle!

Author's Note: I hope you don't mind, this chapter will be in Zane's P.O.V.

After that opening ceremony was over, it was time for the first round of this rockin' tourney to start. I was confident that me and my Dragonfire will kick some real butt in this competition, but I must not forget--Team Phantom! Justin Kruger already sent out some of his goons to harass us, plus Milly told me that Mordecai tried to invade the girls' locker room but was stopped by James Galahad from Team Paladin! Having said that, and knowing that Galahad is a considerably tough customer with his sub-zero Paladin Striker, Ice Blade, it makes my blood pump a bit more! With him in this tournament, things are going to be more challenging, and I love a good challenge in Battle Strikers.

Anyways, my opponent in the first round was one of my classmates at school; Gerard "Gerry" Saxton, who is also the son of Sheriff Archie Saxton. He wears a grey tee with a flaming logo on it, a pair of jeans, and some New Balance sneakers. As for his physical whatever, he has tan skin, dirty blonde hair, and pale green eyes. Gerry uses the fearsome Sabertooth, which holds the StrikerSoul of the mighty smilodon, boasting a ton of attack power. "So, Zane, how are things going on your end of town?", asks Gerry, so I said to him, "It's going great, and would you believe James Galahad's in this tourney?!". Gerry replied with an eager smile, "Why yes, but anyways, let's battle!". At those words, me and Gerry attached our Turbo Tops on the hooks of our Turbo Launchers, as the referee starts the countdown.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"STRIKE!!", we both yell as we launch our Battle Strikers into the arena, and already, we were using our Finger Controllers to make them clash, smash, bash, change directions, and even jump on each other. Neither of us would give up, but my Dragonfire was losing stamina and fast, maybe more so than Sabertooth, but I didn't want to give up ever so easily, and Gerry started taunting me, but that only added fuel to the proverbial fire, as I yelled back to him, "Taunt me all you want, Saxton, but I'm gonna take your Sabertooth down!!". As if responding to my desire not to give up, my Dragonfire started glowing very brightly!! It was just like how it sensed the Bey Spirits on the way to the convenience store, only it's more intense! "WOW! Are you people seeing this?!", started that awesome DJ, "Zane's Dragonfire is evolving in mid-battle!". If what the DJ said was true, then Dragonfire's becoming more powerful! When the glowing stopped, Dragonfire is now a bit differently colored. Plus, it also has a red Stamina Booster on it, as well as a similarly-colored Control Tip. Dragonfire is now Dragonfire II!

"W-w-w-what!? That's impossible, very few Battle Strikers have ever evolved mid-battle! Chances are one in a million!", gasped Gerry before ordering to his still-spinning Striker, "Sabertooth, slice him and dice him with Smilodon Saber Slash!! Full power!!". I only smirked as I order my newly-evolved Dragonfire II, "Now, my Dragonfire, wipe out this pussycat with Draconic Magma Destruction!!". Both our StrikerSouls came forth from our Turbo Tops, and the Sabertooth Soul attempted to slash the Dragonfire Soul with his undoubtedly sharp claws when he breathed a wicked-looking stream of magma, scorching the Sabertooth Soul and sending it back to its Turbo Top as it stopped spinning. The Dragonfire Soul roared in triumph before returning the Turbo Top from whence it came...for now, as I returned the top to my hand. "I don't believe this! You beat me, man! That was a ton of fun!", yelled Gerry before winking and giving me a thumbs-up. I replied to him, "You betcha! My newly-evolved Dragonfire II's gonna SCORCH the competition for real!". The DJ then announced, "Zane Zecom has won his battle in Round 1, allowing him to move on to Round 2!".

Now that's a story I oughta tell to my kids, if any!

Chapter End

Tell me what you think! Smile
Gentlemen, the reviews?
So, think I should do Chapter 9 on Alister's battle?
Reviews, please, if it's not too much to ask.
Chapter 9: Reiji's Battle! New Special Move!

Author's Note: Like in Zane's Battle, this is going to be in Reiji's point of view.

I cheered for Zane as he totally creamed that guy's Sabretooth, and his Dragonfire evolved into a new form! I guess Beyblades aren't the only kinds of battling tops that can evolve into powerful new forms, after all. My battle in Round 1 was next, and my opponent happened to be this Norwegian-American kid named Jorgen, and he has this powerful-looking Battle Striker named Viking TS. It's a yellow-, black-, and silver-colored Battle Striker with a Super Balance Tip, a Control Booster, and a weapon with the motif of the ancient Scandinavian viking warriors. Plus, judging from the design of the Striker Weapon, it looked as though that its got some wicked Smash Attack potential. He says to me in a thick Norwegian accent, "Hello, friend, let us compete for chance to battle Kevin Lobos!". Naturally, I took that as a challenge, and I replied to him, "Bring it on!".

We both went to the arena, which is featureless--perfect. But, I must not get too cocky, or else I'll never get to fight Lobos! We engage our tops on our launchers--ahem--Jorgen's using a motorized Turbo Launcher, and I'm using the String Launcher on my 3 Segment Launcher Grip. That awesome DJ starts the countdown...

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"STRIKE!", both me and J-Boy (I've decided to give him that nickname 'cause it sounded cool on him) yelled as we sent our tops into the arena. As Ra and Viking clashed, J-Boy asks me, "How come you are not using finger controller?". I smiled and replied, "That's 'cause my Ra doesn't need one! Speaking of which--", before ordering to my Bey, "Ra! Show this guy's Striker your fiery power! Special Move: Sun God Blue Flame attack!". In response, J-Boy orders to his Viking TS, "Destroy him! Midgard Masher!!". My Ra took on its rockin' fiery blue aura, as Viking TS took on a pale yellow one, as the tops then collided, causing this huge blast of energy to burst forth from the center of the arena, to which that DJ said awestruck, "Wow! So much power were put into those special moves. Hopefully it doesn't trash this very school and cost the school district a ton of money in collateral damage!"

I knew I had to get serious, as that Viking's power is almost equal to that of my Ra. Perhaps...I could use that new Special Move that I've been workin' on for a while. Then again, Al said not to use it, because the last time I used it when I battled him, there was too much power poured into it, and I had to buy him a new Beystadium. Perhaps I'll get it right this time, and watch how much punch I put into this new move. "Hey Reiji", started J-Boy, "How about we flip a coin to see who gets to attack first. Heads I go first, Tails you go first.", as he took out a quarter and flipped it. When it landed, it was on heads--Perfect. He then sent his Viking TS to land another Midgard Masher on my Ra, and this is it, the moment you've been waiting for--my new special move! "Get a load of this, J-Boy! Special Move: Sun God Solar Booster attack!!", I yelled as my Bey took on a glowing, golden aura, as bright as the sun, when it crashed into Viking TS with a mighty clang that seemingly echoed throughout the gym. J-Boy was shocked to see that his Viking TS came flying out of the arena, as I returned Ra to my hand.

"Reiji Kurokawa moves on to Round 2!", announced the DJ, as J-Boy came up to me, and we shook hands. Before I could do anything else, he pulled out, from his backpack, a wooden box. He says to me, "Reiji, you fought well, and that Sun God Solar Booster really knocked me for a loop. Plus, I've got something that you oughta have.", as he then hands me the box. I opened the box, and was shocked by what's inside of it. No, it's not illegal drugs, don't worry. There is what appears to be a Beyblade, which looks nothing like the ones back home, with four blades sloped to the left. Plus, it has a small, rectangular right-spin ripcord launcher with wider hooks then what I've used before. "What the heck is that thing? Is that a Beyblade?", I asked. J-Boy nodded yes before saying, "This is a Beyblade named Xeronix, and it's a right-spin Attack-type top. Beyblades like this one were made in the old days, from before there were even any Battle Strikers, and they were popular, too. Plus, there was even a Beyblade Battle Association that hosted tournaments and gave out prizes, too. Also, there's this neighborhood somewhere outside of town that's still involved with Beyblade. Maybe you could check it out after the tournament."

(Author's Note: POV Change Incoming!)

Alister was surprised, and very rarely does he gets surprised. Not only did Reiji use the Sun God Solar Booster without causing any collateral damage (and winning the battle with it!), but it also turns out, this world had Beyblades at one point in time, with a "Beyblade Battle Association" to boot, before they phased out in favor of the magnetically-controlled Battle Strikers. On top of that, there are some parts of this world that's still involved with Beyblade, especially this neighborhood outside of town. After Reiji finished speaking with Jorgen, he goes back to his seat on the platform. "Reiji, let me take a look at that Beyblade", said Alister, to which the previous replied, "Okay, sure, don't see why not!". Reiji opens the box for Alister, who promptly removes the Bey and examines it. Alister thought, "Hmm. It's not magnetically controlled, but its parts system is way different from the 4D, Hybrid Wheel, and the four-layer Metal Fight systems."

Chapter End

So, what do you think of this chapter? If there are things you don't like about it, I'll willing to change them.

EDIT (10/31/11 8:08-8:09 AM): A reviewer pointed out that VarAres could do left-spin as well, so I edited the last sentence.

EDIT (2/7/12): It turns out that Xeronix is a right-spin Beyblade
I've been having a lack of reviews in these past days, and would any of you be decent enough to put in some criticism?
You forgot the fact that Variares DGrin can also spin left, and btw is Xeronix a HMS bey?
I find it a bit repetitive that Dragonfire evolves and Vulcanium Ra uses a new special move a chapter later.
And the fact that Beyblades exists in the Battle Strikers world.
/-{ THAT WAS MY FACE WHEN I FOUND THAT OUT.
Xeronix is a standard plastic Beyblade.

Anyone else got something to say?
Still good. I say don't move too fast, and try to develop a distinct style of writing. (You're doing well with that.) Also: Try not to address the reader. It seems kinda cheap. Other than that, keep up the good work.

Also: "Me and Dragonfire's gonna roast the competition!" should be "Dragonfire and I" or "My Dragonfire and I". Maybe even "I'm gonna roast the competition with me Dragonfire!".
Thanks! Smile
Milly's battle in Round 1 is next up in Chapter 10 of Beyblade VS Battle Strikers, which I will start as soon as possible!