Beyblade Random Thoughts

I had idea for a stadium where if you hit the wall it would push you back towards the stadium like in pinball. It'd be cool for burst.
(Dec. 19, 2016  9:14 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: A slightly smaller BB-10 made of harder plastic would probably be the perfect stadium.

Here you go.

(Dec. 20, 2016  1:39 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I had idea for a stadium where if you hit the wall it would push you back towards the stadium like in pinball. It'd be cool for burst.

I tried a large elastic bad around my Magnestadium some time ago. The loss of spin when being returned to the arena is huge but it is good fun.
英語をわからないので日本語にする(I do not know english.)

アニメバージョンスタジアムは、サブイベント用だった.
思ったより普通スタジアムような接触率.
結構面白かった
(Dec. 20, 2016  2:02 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Here you go.

I tried a large elastic bad around my Magnestadium some time ago. The loss of spin when being returned to the arena is huge but it is good fun. 

Yeah thats the main problem, it would probably burst more beys as they come into contact with the wall.
I am uploading these on behalf of Marutti; credits to him!

[Image: 3347twn.jpg]
[Image: wvq3rd.jpg]
[Image: 2guduhg.jpg]

And here is the Platinum Valkyrie;
[Image: 2nu6r7r.jpg]
[Image: 25spzx5.jpg]

Props to Takara Tomy for not fixing the teeth. Speechless
If they had not fixed them in the re-release products wave that just came out, there was no way they were going to fix the teeth in such a limited release. That being said, I did not remember that Valkyrie Platinum Ver. was simply included in all CoroCoro Ichiban of this month, hm... Once again, if anyone wants to buy it, it costs around sixteen dollars to buy this CoroCoro Ichiban, shipped to most locations in the world straight from Japan, so contact me if you want the link.
I remember seeing the first picture very early, near the premier of the anime. Looking back I remember seeing something different with one of the silhouettes. Seeing the revealed picture we can see that Lui's silhouette was replaced with Xhaka. Weird huh?

[Image: Lw0LDfm.jpg]
[Image: 5cxsQXW.jpg]
(Dec. 20, 2016  10:01 AM)Kevo Wrote: I remember seeing the first picture very early, near the premier of the anime. Looking back I remember seeing something different with one of the silhouettes. Seeing the revealed picture we can see that Lui's silhouette was replaced with Xhaka. Weird huh?

[Image: Lw0LDfm.jpg]
[Image: 5cxsQXW.jpg]

Hm, it seems like the original idea was to delve into the friendship, history and rivalry between Valt, Shu and Xhaka but then was changed to focus more on giving Valt a target to defeat with the antagonistic Lui.
That post belongs more in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Random Thoughts topic though, by the way.
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That post belongs more in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Random Thoughts topic though, by the way.
I didn't know that existed. My mistake.
i wonder if the BC2 is essentially the perfect defense type tip/RC.

if BC2  were to be released in burst would there be any room for improvement for defense drivers?

the same with stamina, if something like BC were to be released in burst would there be any room for improvement in stamina drivers?

would a smooth circular layer + xcalibur teeth+Heavy/Gravity+BC2 type driver with a disk around it like CF, essentially be perfect?

I'd like to see a phantom fox type gimmick in burst, it would be pretty fun, except the spring is slightly stronger , so the top part can actually go high enough to land on a beyblade.
A metal Bearing Core would be interesting for pure stamina, but horrible at everything else.
(Dec. 19, 2016  3:42 AM)Hato Wrote: BeybladeFanOff pointed this out to me; the stadiums that will be used for the Korea Championships! They look just like the ones used in the anime!

[Image: 2rntytu.jpg]
[Image: j0gu0y.jpg]

Twitter link: https://mobile.twitter.com/kiyutona/stat...6191600640

It does not look like they were used much at all in the Korean Championship actually: all of this Youtuber's videos feature the regular red BeyStadium Standard Type, like in the following. 

So, they must have been really just for huge group battles at the very beginning, to eliminate as many players as possible, or they were just on the side for kids to try out since those arenas are replicas of those in the anime.
found this on imgur whilst looking through some images, thought it was funny. did not expect to see something beyblade related randomly on imgur
[Image: 63502tJ.jpg]
hahaha, I think that was going around at the same time as this: https://www.change.org/p/olympic-make-be...mpic-sport
When a bey is spinning on a flat bottom, it doesn't spin on the actual flat part, rather the edge. Does that mean there's little to no difference between flat/accel and hole flat/zephyr?
(Dec. 23, 2016  7:54 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: When a bey is spinning on a flat bottom, it doesn't spin on the actual flat part, rather the edge. Does that mean there's little to no difference between flat/accel and hole flat/zephyr?

Exactly. It is just near the end of the battle where it makes the most difference, I think, since then it really gets less friction. I cannot imagine that while it is spinning away from the centre, any wind really gets inside the hole and makes any difference.
Okay so I didn't know where to post this because it's super random but I thought it was a really cool concept.
So if you've watched the plastic gen of Beyblade you may remember Chief's battle where he ended up battling Kai and used a spring on his performance tip/driver/(I don't know the correct term for plastics but you get the idea) but it was bouncing all over the stadium and I had a pretty cool idea for burst when I watched it.
What if there was a Beyblade that did that correctly?
I was looking around for names and thought "Acrobatic Athena" was a cool one, it could use upper for the disk and a gimicky driver? In 4d beyblade there were performance tips that could change depending on the spin speed of Beyblades, my idea was a driver that would be a defensive type bey and when it slows to a cert point would activate a spring and throw the beyblade into mid air to land on the other. For the layer it could be a defensive type on the top part of the dual layer system and the bottom I thought could have a more attack like area (maybe like 4 smaller versions of Xcalibur's swords so it would be balanced)
The bey would be a defensive type until it got to 1/2 - 1/4 spin power and then jump in mid air and land with the swords on the other bey.

It's obviously just a random idea but I thought I'd share it and see what you guys thought? It would definitely be amazing to see that become a real thing though.
It would be neat, but 8/10 times the whole thing would probably miss it's jump. It is interesting, though.
(Dec. 20, 2016  1:39 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I had idea for a stadium where if you hit the wall it would push you back towards the stadium like in pinball. It'd be cool for burst.

Yeah I Really like that idea, especially since Valkyrie slams into the walls so much in the anime it would be a cool stadium! I likes the Viking stadium idea too, like maybe a spring action version for real life. I know they have the spiked wall stadium but it's certainly not as cool as walls that close and automatically burst you on the first hit
(Dec. 24, 2016  4:10 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: It would be neat, but 8/10 times the whole thing would probably miss it's jump. It is interesting, though.

True, I thought that too. It would definitely be a hit and miss driver if it were a thing, and not the mention when it would be tilted on its side and just throw itself over and scrape til it's stamina dies.
(Dec. 24, 2016  4:28 AM)Kimidori Quon Wrote: True, I thought that too. It would definitely be a hit and miss driver if it were a thing, and not the mention when it would be tilted on its side and just throw itself over and scrape til it's stamina dies.

Yep, they made such a base for plastics (Trygles) and it didn't do so well (although it was quite tall too, so there's that.)
Trygle was triggered by hits and so had to have what were essentially large claws on its base. These, coupled with its post-jump height, allowed it to be knocked off balance very easily.
Using just the spring-loaded spin gear, however, provided noticeably more resistance to hits due to the lower portion of the bey having less contact points.

The HMS version of the Hopper Attack/Einstein beyblade that inspired this discussion, Einstein MS, was actually reasonably effective when coupled with a good weight distribution and the Free Saucer customise weight disk. Think of it as a 230 track that acted like a 120 for the first few seconds and was forced to use an SF tip.

In short, the shape of the trigger mechanism and the rest of the driver's features would make a vast difference to the bey's performance.

Where I think a hopper might shine in Burst, however, is on a defense type that jumps early on to reduce the number of full force hits to its layer when angular momentums are high.
New newsletter:
  • Lost Longinus and RBV5 are released tomorrow, as we know.
  • To celebrate Lost Longinus' release, you will receive 1.5x points from registering products or launching. This lasts from December 28th 2016 to January 15th 2017.
  • A reminder that the Rare Bey Get Campaign is still ongoing. Until January 15th 2017, you can mail in barcodes of B-62 (single) or B-64 & B-65 (together) for a chance to win one of 1000 prizes, including special recolours of Victory Valkyrie .B.V and Baldur .β.β.
  • Finally, on December 26th, 27th and 28th, a special drama will be aired on TV Tokyo at 7:05am JST, touching on the birth of Longinus and the secrets it holds. (Seems a bit late to be sending out a newsletter about that...)

I should really start a thread for these in the future, haha.