Beyblade Random Thoughts

So wth.

I just broke my Beylauncher L like what, 10 minutes ago? So I decided to open it up and mess around with it. Then I cut the string and when I built it back, it worked perfectly fine. And now the string is like cut.
Here you go, pal: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Whine-about-your-breaks
Yeah, I posted there already just now. But I thought this would belong here.

EDIT : Ah, I re-read what I posted and it does sound whiny. Disregard what I posted.
Well, I am about to get my first 4D bey soon, and hence, I am quite excited, as expected! Grin
Its especially because its good ol' Duo Uranus, which had once been the best Defense/Stamina wheel. Its actually SO disheartening that whenever I, Janstarblast, decide to buy/get a bey, I am told that it has been outclassed. Speechless

All my beys-

1. Lightning L Drago- I bought it, and soon, Basalt destroyed it. Then LLD BD145LRF came into being! By the time I even started collecting the parts I was lacking (BD145 and LRF), it is outclassed by Fang, VariAres, etc.
2. Hell Kerbecs- Bought it to use it uncustomized(or with WD) as a perfect Stamina custom. But Scythe had to come in...
3. Meteo L Drago- OK, this was useless when I bought it, but I bought it for its looks anyway. Tongue_out
4. Gravity Destroyer- Its the best Attack wheel available to Hasbro-limited people... But again, its outclassed now...
5. Killer Beafowl- OK, this too, was just because I want to own all Max. Series beys...
6. Basalt Horogium- Still highly effective, but outclassed by Death and Duo.
7. Duo Uranus (yet to arrive)- Had a lot of expectations from this, and I was REALLY happy to own a top tier wheel for the first time in my life. But Revizer.... Angry

End result- I OWN OUTCLASSED PARTS, YO!

Well, I actually have an extremely weird combo up my mind though. When Duo arrives, I really want to try Duo BD145LF for some reason. I've probably lost my senses, but yeah!
Dude. *Internet brofist*

I started playing with MFB like what, 10 months ago? So, I was buying some Beyblades online (note that this was before I found out about the WBO), the store that I was buying from had 4D Beyblades and all, but I chose to buy pre-4D Beyblades like Basalt Horogium, Meteo L Drago etc as I thought the 4D Beyblades were fake!

I just bought my first 4D Beyblade 3(?) weeks ago.... still earlier than you, aha!
Does anybody remember last year when I found one picture in whose background there was some involuntary shot of the big Beyblade booth TAKARA-TOMY had at an international event, which showed Big Bang Pegasis and L Drago Destroy for the first time ? There is something similar around these days, but as usual, TAKARA-TOMY is stupidly secretive about Beyblade for no reason, and I cannot find anything at all. This is so frustrating. Every other toyline gets plenty of footage and people can take photographs, but not Beyblade ...

I truly hope Beyblade does not need any advertising either and that it does really well on its own, because TAKARA-TOMY and CoroCoro show attitudes that are not prone to helping it ...
I really wish Orso had been a better bey and had more of a role in the anime. Honestly its one of the only beasts from the real world and quite a mighty one. I guess i'll just keep hoping for a decent bear bey in Zero-G.
(Jun. 18, 2012  9:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: I really wish Orso had been a better bey and had more of a role in the anime. Honestly its one of the only beasts from the real world and quite a mighty one. I guess i'll just keep hoping for a decent bear bey in Zero-G.

Haha, I never really liked Orso, and was glad it never made such a big appearance to be honest .. I liked Galzzly more! Grin
Boo! Orso was awesome!
(Jun. 18, 2012  9:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: I really wish Orso had been a better bey and had more of a role in the anime. Honestly its one of the only beasts from the real world and quite a mighty one. I guess i'll just keep hoping for a decent bear bey in Zero-G.

Never really liked it in the anime, but Orso is one of my favorite Clear Wheels <3 I want a printed Orso face (original) just because. But TT only released it in that X-Treme stadium set, and I don't think that a face is worth it for importing one of those, haha. I have the printed one from the new faceoff with Hyper Orso SW145JB in it, it's gray, and the Orso is a very nice blue.

New Beywiki header, totally threw me off guard.
(Jun. 17, 2012  3:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Does anybody remember last year when I found one picture in whose background there was some involuntary shot of the big Beyblade booth TAKARA-TOMY had at an international event, which showed Big Bang Pegasis and L Drago Destroy for the first time ? There is something similar around these days, but as usual, TAKARA-TOMY is stupidly secretive about Beyblade for no reason, and I cannot find anything at all. This is so frustrating. Every other toyline gets plenty of footage and people can take photographs, but not Beyblade ...

I truly hope Beyblade does not need any advertising either and that it does really well on its own, because TAKARA-TOMY and CoroCoro show attitudes that are not prone to helping it ...

That's truly weird and frustrating, haha!

I myself do not know much about whatever TAKARA-TOMY does, but if I interpret your post correctly-
They aren't doing enough to patronize Beyblade, amirite?

I wonder what would be the reason of being so amazingly secretive about a toy...
Anyway, one would expect them to make "grand" announcements about new releases, after seeing how they keep it a secret until the end. But no, they simply publish an ad in CoroCoro; and that's it.
Still, at least that does get our heads up.
After the announcement though, I see that you (Kai-V) take time to find more information, which shows that the "actual" secrecy begins here. They tend to agitate the people by all the suspense. Probably a marketing strategy, but well...
More than the secrecy, what annoys me are the rumors that follow. In this period of secrecy, fans get enough time to spread outrageous rumors. Its really annoying when we expect something good (owing to a rumor), and things take a turn towards the end... :\

Ultra- Ah, Orso didn't impress me much, but yeah, people who like it would probably have expected to see more of it. Smile
So, I'm still tinkering with the weirdest stuff I can come up with, and I swear I keep going back to either 85, 90, or DF105 for my track choices. I'm trying to force myself to use either 230 or TH170 now, but I'm having trouble thinking of something fun to do. I wanted to try to make a good force smasher using TH170SWD, but there isn't really a great force smashing wheel... I was hoping Fusion would pull through for me since its underside is so pointy when the rubber is on top, but it just didn't do what I was hoping. I even tried Quetzalcoatl, seeing as its, er, "wings" look like they would be good for force smash, but it's too darn light.

I also tried making "The Other Wobbler" with Death and TH220 with Death in Attack mode to reallllly raise the bey's center of gravity, and while it worked, it just didn't perform as well as Duo 230MB (and thus, I didn't post a thread about it, though I would probably use it in a tournament all the same). :\

I want to make something fun on a tall track... Guh, this is harder than I thought it would be.
(Apr. 10, 2012  6:00 AM)LdragoWolfe Wrote: I know what you guys are all saying, and my previous statement was just my honest opinion. I really do hope Tomy can make the best of this new series.

I'd have to agree with you. I love the old beyblade, and in my opinion, would prefer another 4-5 year hiatus.

Rock Orso is my rav. bey all time! WOO
Try using TH170/230 for Attack? LOL I don't know, just throwing around random ideas. That is what this thread is for, though!
I'm trying everything I can think of at this point. I'll make a list!

Spin Stealers
  • (MF-H) Meteo L-Drago II TH170WF/SWD/D
  • (MF-H) Gravity Destroyer TH170WF/SWD/D
  • (MF-H) L-Drago Guardian TH170WF/SWD/D
I tired all the different flavors of spin stealers I could think of, but they all fall over well before the opponent (especially Guardian, it was laughable how poorly it did). I've been trying TH170WF for awhile since the track/tip seem to have good synergy (see the MF-H Basalt ___ TH170WF thread from forever ago), and I was actually getting some decent KOs with Meteo on TH170WF, but it just doesn't have the balance a spin-stealer needs to win if the KO doesn't happen. I'm also trying to find a home for SWD, but so far I'm coming up short.
REQUEST: Could someone try MF-H Meteo L-Drago II TH170CF? I'm wondering if CF's huge skirt would help keep it upright at low spin rates. I don't have CF, so I can't test that.

Force Smashers
  • MF-H Death (Attack/Defense Mode) Saggitario II (230/TH170)SWD/WF/MB
  • MF-H Fusion (Rubber Up Mode) Bull (230/TH170)SWD/WF/MB
  • MF-H Wing (Ironclad Attack Mode) Pegasis II (230/TH170)SWD/WF/MB
  • MF-H Basalt Kerbecs (230/TH170)SWD/MB
  • MF-H Quetzalcoatl (230/TH170)SWD/WF/MB
The goal here was to take advantage of SWD's ability to tilt over slightly while still retaining decent balance to make a bey that would lean over and force smash the opponent down, but no wheel did that well enough. I had high hopes for Fusion because of how pointy its metal underside is, and while it scored me some actual KOs, it didn't do what I was intending (force smash). Wing actually seemed to do the best, surprisingly. I tried Quetz because it looks like it should have force smash, but it's so relatively light and has such terrible stamina it didn't do a darn thing except self KO (albeit impressively).

Wobblers
  • MF-H Death (Attack Mode) Pegasis II (230/TH170)MB
  • MF-H Fusion (Metal Up Mode) Bull (230/TH170)MB
I was trying to make "The Other Wobbler," but nothing did nearly as well as the Goliath that is Duo. I was trying Death in Attack Mode and Fusion's Metal Up Mode to try to raise the center of gravity as much as possible to see if that would help, but simply put it didn't.

I'll list more as I test more.
You know, that's kind of what I would classify my combo Ifraid Ifraid TH170SF/JB, a force smasher as you call it. Supposed to stay relatively still, but still achieve KO's? Try XF or GCF (if you have it) on those L-Drago combos, see if they do any better.
[Image: 22265621.jpg]

Seriously. You have such appealing features, but nothing ever works. You have a beautiful ring of rubber, but it doesn't absorb hits well or deplete the opponent's spin like I thought you would. Your metal ring is so bumpy, but you still don't have any force smash when it's on the bottom. You can't even beat spin stealers, even though it seems like that should be your perfect niche! Fusion, I love you, but I can't find a home for you anywhere ;_;
Holy carp, the CH120 from my Gravity Demolition face off pack is perfect. The part that extends out is very stiff at times when trying to change modes, but the part that you have to turn to change the mode actually stays in place, instead of jiggling like the other CH120s I own. It acts similar to how TH170's lock mechanism kinda snaps into place.
The design is so awkward, the completely round stem allows the non-moving part of the track to rotate freely, unlike the other tracks. It's so easy to break that way.
OMGBBG!!! (haha from BeybladeGeeks...)

I still can't get over how heavy the beys are when using synchrome. Especially with E230. I don't have any TT stadiums yet, but it dominates like crazy.

When I got my RB's, though, after I opened them, I didn't expect the Chromw wheels to be so thin...
(Jun. 20, 2012  4:37 AM)Apply Without Wrote: The design is so awkward, the completely round stem allows the non-moving part of the track to rotate freely, unlike the other tracks. It's so easy to break that way.

Don't forget the horrid rattling noise the really loose ones make. it kinda sounds like it's about to break whenever you launch it, or that the facebolt is about to explode right off, but not exactly.

Speaking of rattling, Kerbecs and Aquario make most of my 4D wheels rattle like crazy. but whatever kind of rattling my 4d wheels make, it seems the Cancer/Gasher clear wheel stops it. And all of my Cancer wheels do this for my 4d metal wheels. Does this happebn for anyone other than me? or am I just lucky to have rattle proof cancer clear wheels?
Yo, what if we were looking at Synchrom with the wrong glasses. Instead of TAKARA-TOMY wanting to make money, it is actually a big happy invitation to get together with another Blader to take their parts.

This is just a thought that crossed my mind and which follows the logic of TAKARA-TOMY being 'high' lately, but if you really want to boycott Synchrom as a money-making strategy, meeting more often with a fellow, nearby Blader is actually a very good way ...
I know this is an illegal combo, but Storm Capricorn just lost to Guardian Pirates DF145WB. LOL.
(Jun. 20, 2012  4:32 AM)Slee Wrote: Holy carp, the CH120 from my Gravity Demolition face off pack is perfect. The part that extends out is very stiff at times when trying to change modes, but the part that you have to turn to change the mode actually stays in place, instead of jiggling like the other CH120s I own. It acts similar to how TH170's lock mechanism kinda snaps into place.

YES, this entirely. I was very sad when the threads on my yellow CH120 got too loose to hold my MF-Hs anymore, seeing as the red one I got from a TT Dark Cancer is loose as hell compared to my Gravity Demolition CH120. It's basically perfect imo.

(Jun. 20, 2012  4:41 AM)Slee Wrote: Speaking of rattling, Kerbecs and Aquario make most of my 4D wheels rattle like crazy. but whatever kind of rattling my 4d wheels make, it seems the Cancer/Gasher clear wheel stops it. And all of my Cancer wheels do this for my 4d metal wheels. Does this happebn for anyone other than me? or am I just lucky to have rattle proof cancer clear wheels?

You are not alone at all. My Duo will rattle with any clear wheel I own except my Hasbro Gasher (thankfully a good clear wheel for it). My Death rattles with most clear wheels I have, and my Wing has days where it rattles with everything and then doesn't rattle at all no matter what clear wheel I use. I do have a particularly heavy Pegasis II that I got from a bronze prize Galaxy Pegasis that stops basically everything from rattling, so I usually use that.
Ingulit: I still say you should try Horogium/Gill/Nemesis if you want a combo that tilts.