Beyblade Random Thoughts

I noticed something odd with all of the Meteo MWs I own. The dragon teeth segments' jaws are all the same, except for one, which has an extra indent/ slightly more detailed shape to the lower part. This is even on my unused meteos as well.
(Oct. 11, 2011  9:59 PM)CRUelty Wrote: That's actually what I'm trying to do right now, and it's not working. I'm gonna try again soon.

Is it because the transaction happened months ago ? Is it because you did not mark it as a "purchase" ?
(Oct. 11, 2011  9:42 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2011  7:51 AM)Shika blade Wrote: Its known already. I notice it the first time i bought mine.

Not by many people...

I still think this is a mold difference...

If that's really what you think, then check the manufacturing marks (A1, A2, etc.) and see if you can correlate physical differences on the Basalt wheels with the markings. (i.e. only A1 marked Basalts have the extra metal bits, or whatever the case may be). You will need data from many Basalt wheels, but that is the sort of thing you need to do to firmly establish mold differences (as opposed to single items having random variations).
DAMN!!! Just got my VariAres and its a BEAST!!! MF/H VariAresCH120RF/R2F combo is immune to basalt combos except for Basalt 85 RS.... Vari has every right to be the King now. LDD can be the prince lol.
(Oct. 11, 2011  10:09 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: If that's really what you think, then check the manufacturing marks (A1, A2, etc.) and see if you can correlate physical differences on the Basalt wheels with the markings. (i.e. only A1 marked Basalts have the extra metal bits, or whatever the case may be). You will need data from many Basalt wheels, but that is the sort of thing you need to do to firmly establish mold differences (as opposed to single items having random variations).

I wish I had more Basalt wheels, but mine is marked A2 and has the extra metal.
(Oct. 11, 2011  10:32 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2011  10:09 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: If that's really what you think, then check the manufacturing marks (A1, A2, etc.) and see if you can correlate physical differences on the Basalt wheels with the markings. (i.e. only A1 marked Basalts have the extra metal bits, or whatever the case may be). You will need data from many Basalt wheels, but that is the sort of thing you need to do to firmly establish mold differences (as opposed to single items having random variations).

Cool. I would suggest that you make liberal use of the site's search function to try and uncover other people who have posted about the same thing. Then PM those people and ask for the mark on their Basalt wheel, and PM some of your friends and ask if they can do the same.

Once you get the results, write them all down in an excel file or a lab book from whatever science class you have, and sort them by mark number indicating whether or not the extra metal is present.

With enough data points (records) you can begin to really get a feel for whether or not this is a real phenomena. And... If you are comfortable with showing the work you are doing to a math or science teacher and ask for their help, they may even give you extra credit for your statistical analysis or scientific investigation! (if your teachers do that sort of thing)
(Oct. 11, 2011  10:32 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:

For the record, I have an A3 and A4 mold. Both have that extra bulge of metal you mentioned.

I got my A3 mold in the same month Basalt was released from a Sonokong starter, while my A4 mold is from BB-117.

If you're following what Arupaeo said, you should probably also take note about whether the Basalt is TT or Sonokong. There's always a possibility it makes no difference whatsoever, but it would solidify your findings more if it truly is a mold difference.
Mine has different sizes of lumps. Uncertain
I have two, one new one old.
Put old bassalt on 230CS, kicks butt
Put new bassalt on 230CS, weirdly has more stamina but less defence.
The old one has a bump about 3MM.
New, almost unoticeable.
Can someone post a better picture?

I just bought a basalt, so I'd like to help out with this.

I just have no idea what I'm looking for.
On the other side of bassalt's staircase, you will hopefully find a lump of metal.
Basalt's lumps have been mentioned before.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Manufact...#pid739983

So far, to my limited knowledge, there is no 'known' mold differences in Basalt. I have 4 myself, and in any given time, I could gather local bladers to compare with maybe 20+ Basalt wheels.

However, I'm aware that there are a very few Basalts out there than can solo spin for a much longer time. You guys might already know this. Those very few Basalt wheels have been winning WBBA championships one after another in Japan and a couple are listed on YJA for a ridiculous price.

I've had the chance to see in person, 1 Basalt weighing 49+ grams (close to 50 iirc), and there's no reasonable explanation for this, other than 'manufacturing discrepancies'. This rare occasion is not enough to be deduced into mold differences.

I was talking about the possible causes for this with Pcyborg a while back, and he did mention a theory. All metal wheels contain air-pockets during the molding process. Some are lucky enough to have these air-pockets evenly distributed during the molding process. Some will have less, while some will of course have more. This all sounds very interesting, which brings me to my next subject.

One metal wheel that is in constant use, will generally have better stamina in comparison to the state when it is still new. It enhances the 'air pocket' theory. Over time, when a metal wheel gets constant pounding, these air pockets will 'shift' into a more stable / balance / compact position. Metaphorically speaking, it's like the soil on the ground. If it's constantly stepped on, it will become compact. In metal wheel, this even-ness translates to 'Balance' in the literal way.

Moral of the story: Keep using the same MW, and don't change it until it becomes too worn out to be legal.
Hmm. I'm not saying that your theory is wrong, Uwik. What I question is how these air pockets move. They could theoretically be there from the molding process; in which the metal is usually a liquid at that point. However, how does it shift after it's been molded. Like during use as you mention. The air pockets would have a lot more trouble moving around seeing as the metal is now a solid, a very compressed one at that. Thanks a lot for the read though Uwik. I always liked your theories, some of them have even been confirmed. Let's see if you confirm another one.
I'm not entirely sure how, but if you take metallurgy for example. Swords were forged in the same way, pounded away until it's the shape intended, right?

Now, if there's even the slightest change from the original shape, in some sense, there should be shifts also in its molecular level / movement to accommodate the new shape. Particles would then move and fill in these air pockets, making them smaller in sizes, thus, in theory, they will become more evenly distributed / balanced.

I don't know how to explain this better. I can't even scientifically prove it. It just makes sense in my head.
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:25 AM)Uwik Wrote: I'm not entirely sure how, but if you take metallurgy for example. Swords were forged in the same way, pounded away until it's the shape intended, right?

Now, if there's even the slightest change from the original shape, in some sense, there should be shifts also in its molecular level / movement to accommodate the new shape. Particles would then move and fill in these air pockets, making them smaller in sizes, thus, in theory, they will become more evenly distributed / balanced.

I don't know how to explain this better. I can't even scientifically prove it. It just makes sense in my head.

Scientific proof of the theory would require coming into posession of one of the WBBA-rocking Basalts, splitting it in half horizontally in order to give the largest chance of seeing "bubbles", and then utilizing a microscope and counting.

You would then compare it to a "regular" Basalt's result.

Not impossible, but extremely expensive, time-consuming, and inane.
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:35 AM)Hazel Wrote: Scientific proof of the theory would require coming into posession of one of the WBBA-rocking Basalts, splitting it in half horizontally in order to give the largest chance of seeing "bubbles", and then utilizing a microscope and counting.

You would then compare it to a "regular" Basalt's result.

Not impossible, but extremely expensive, time-consuming, and inane.

lol, yeah all that.
Hmm. I see what you're saying Uwik. Don't worry, you've explained it well enough. What I see though is that the metal is just being compressed some more. The air pockets don't really move, they get filled by the metal being compressed by when Basalt takes a beating from VariAres time after time. That's what it sounds like to me though. If I'm completely off from what you are saying then do please give it another shot to explain it.
hmm, ok,

Uwik's Basalt has 15 large air pockets concentrated on the right side, and gets pounded by Hero's VariAres (lol) for 1 week.

Uwik's Basalt now has 30 medium-sized air pockets (15 of them are probably still on the right side, but maybe 7 are moving towards the top, the other 8 are moving toward the bottom)

Repeat process... 1 month later:

Uwik's Basalt now has 300 super mini air pockets distributed evenly around the metal wheel.

Uwik's Basalt is now ready to conquer the world. Smile

EDIT:
But in all seriousness, I don't know how much of these things actually affect the performance. I can, however, say that in the stamina department, it is improved. Quite noticeably too, if I may add.

It's also one of the reasons I don't approve altering shapes / wearing down of parts artificially on purpose (Grinding / Sanding etc). All it does is just change the way it looks physically, but not the composition of it. Maybe it works for bottoms, but definitely does not work for metal wheels.
Thanks so much for that explanation, hahaha.

I see how you see them moving but ... It's still a solid. Your sword explanation was a good try, but think about it. You don't pound a sword for weeks against a rock (lol), you usually apply heat to it before or during the pounding process. I doubt anyone plays their beyblade next to a fireplace, you would risk melting your stadium, having your bey KO'd into the fireplace, etc. Last time I had an extremely long and exciting bey session the bey wasn't heated up or smoking afterwords.
hahaha, yes of course. Heat is just an added bonus, it destabilizes particles to move freely easier. It can be achieved with a solid state too, just exponentially more difficult.
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:59 AM)Hero Wrote: Thanks so much for that explanation, hahaha.

I see how you see them moving but ... It's still a solid. Your sword explanation was a good try, but think about it. You don't pound a sword for weeks against a rock (lol), you usually apply heat to it before or during the pounding process. I doubt anyone plays their beyblade next to a fireplace, you would risk melting your stadium, having your bey KO'd into the fireplace, etc. Last time I had an extremely long and exciting bey session the bey wasn't heated up or smoking afterwords.

If metal didn't shift, deform, and fracture on a structural/molecular level, it would be completely indestructible through any means but heating or extreme cold.

If the impact is significant enough, heat does not need to be applied in order for structural deformity to occur within the metal.
Hmm. I'm just having difficulty picturing. It is on the molecular level .. hahaha.
Thanks for all of the info guys!

I'll get to recording data as soon as possible.
My Master Driger arrived today, hooray.
It gets tossed around like a rag doll, too XD
who here has battled near a fireplace (I have)
I got my Twisted Tempo! I has a happy!