Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Oct. 07, 2011  10:34 AM)Uwik Wrote: He meant Hell minute mold.

That would make more sense, I suppose... thank you for clearing it up, if that was indeed the case.
Yeah it was my bad for not making that clear. But I am disliking hell the only hell combos I think are viable for a tournament are Hell BD145/230 CS although I am reluctant to use any of those.
I see
(Oct. 07, 2011  9:49 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Well to be completely honest if they released anything better then basalt the meta game is screwed , it might not be that way in testing but in a tournament situation it will be the only thing used and basalt will be left behind and then we will have a problem thus resulting in people wanting it banned until an attack wheel comes out that can beat that then the process continues although IMHO beyblade has about 1 year left.

Just what I meant to say. Smile
Well, Basalt is actually at such a position, that anything that goes higher than that, would be highly unlikely. The whooping 47-48 grams is similar to Absolute Zero in Physics. It is the highest position to which the weight of Metal Wheels could practically reach. Yes, TT might have decided a wheel being slightly heavier, but they will NEVER go above 50g.
We are planning to ban Basalt already. Anything heavier would mean Defense Domination, and meta-game wreck. Smile

I don't think Basalt should actually be banned though.I mean, its not like its invincible.There are things which can beat it like Blitz and Variares. I mean i won 2 tournaments defeating Basalt combos.( Sorry if it sounds like i'm bragging).But seriously, its not like some invincible tank.
If Basalt gets banned, then Attack types will rule the metagame again.At this point, i feel the metagame is balanced.
Yes, that's the very reason why the situation seems to be in favor of not banning Basalt.
The Smash Kings we have today, do devastate Basalt at times.
But, this thing is not about Basalt. It is about a wheel better than Basalt.
Basalt is so good a Defense wheel, that anything better in Defence than that, would be like- Gasp
OK, like Attack depends on Contact Points, Stamina depends on weight distribution; Defense would be usually weight-based. Usually the heaviest, is the best. Thus, to have wheels better than Basalt, it will have to be heavier that Basalt. This seems to be quite unlikely, at least to me. Smile
I think a Basalt wheel without the Spiral Staircase would be the best possible Defense wheel.
Basalt without the Spiral Staircase Of Death would actually be unstoppable.
The Staircase of death and the Bump it has are what gives it recoil.Without them, it would just be a plain heavy unstoppable tank.
Attack types have never dominated and they never will, in actual-play metagame.
From what i have seen, Earth and Libra will be annihilated by Attack types if Basalt is banned.
I mean, with wheels like Blitz, VariAres, Beat, Lightning around ?
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:39 PM)Relic Wrote: I mean, with wheels like Blitz, VariAres, Beat, Lightning around ?

That barely anyone uses in tournaments.
Then we must rely on shooting techniques then eh?
(Oct. 07, 2011  5:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:39 PM)Relic Wrote: I mean, with wheels like Blitz, VariAres, Beat, Lightning around ?

So what your saying is ban Basalt because people hardly use wheels which can take down Basalt ?

Basically, most people are not confident that they can beat Basalt with Smash-Wheels.That is the only reason why those wheels are barely used.Right now, the situation is like people are so scared that they want to use Basalt to be on the "safer side".
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:54 PM)Relic Wrote: I don't think Basalt should actually be banned though.I mean, its not like its invincible.

The point is not that Basalt is 'invincible'–we all know that it can be beaten–the point is that Basalt allows for no deviation among Defense types.
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:39 PM)Relic Wrote: From what i have seen, Earth and Libra will be annihilated by Attack types if Basalt is banned.
I mean, with wheels like Blitz, VariAres, Beat, Lightning around ?

(Oct. 07, 2011  5:22 PM)Relic Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  5:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

So what your saying is ban Basalt because people hardly use wheels which can take down Basalt ?

Basically, most people are not confident that they can beat Basalt with Smash-Wheels.That is the only reason why those wheels are barely used.Right now, the situation is like people are so scared that they want to use Basalt to be on the "safer side".

I can direct you to http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Should-w...alt--38222 this thread, wherein everything you're saying and everything we're saying, in this thread, has already been repeated ad nauseum, to save everyone some time.
Well yes, we really strayed from the topic I guess. The 'Ban Basalt' issue is one which has created huge problems around this site, hence its better to keep the conversation among the Advanced for the rest.
Kai-V- Yes, Attack types weren't really dominant, just that they had their period of tremendous success. As its been said countless times, we need skill to use attack. Hence, attack simply won't dominate the game.
I apologize for mentioning a period of Attack Domination.
What I meant was, during that time the success of top tier attack combos surpassed the success rate of top tiers in other categories. Lightning L Drago usually killed Earth based combos, and it was too tough to win a tourney that had Lightning users. During that time, Libra still awaited a verdict that would remove the ban from it. Hence, Attack was at its peak during that time. Smile
Actually I heard that there was a debate Storm Vs Lightning LOL.

Back in the day Lightning didn't really kill earth take this thread for example. http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-White-Ve...00R%C2%B2F
Rusty- Well, I am pretty sure that that debate had its roots in the hearts of anime lovers. Tongue_out
Ah, even though LLD didn't manage to 'kill', it did have decent win rates.
But yes, that does prove me wrong. Smile
Lightning didn't kill Earth after all!

White Vertigo Flash: MF Lightning L Drago 100R²F
Ah! Miss the days when nicknames were used. I loved them! Just wondering why its not allowed to use them now... :\
(Oct. 08, 2011  12:23 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Rusty- Well, I am pretty sure that that debate had its roots in the hearts of anime lovers. Tongue_out
Ah, even though LLD didn't manage to 'kill', it did have decent win rates.
But yes, that does prove me wrong. Smile
Lightning didn't kill Earth after all!

White Vertigo Flash: MF Lightning L Drago 100R²F
Ah! Miss the days when nicknames were used. I loved them! Just wondering why its not allowed to use them now... :\

I think this has something which has got to do with the ban of nicknames :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MLMPPCRT...al+counter

I'm not sure though, but if you read the whole the thread, you will know why.
AFIAK they were banned because (well from my experiences anyway) people kept asking whats the lightning tank? I would also get PM's about it as strange as it sounds.

Mostly the bottom half with the RF tests is the thing that is quite shocking I mean LLD on a rubber bottom getting 60% win rates against Earth C145WB Chocked These days counter gets equal results against that combo. So people are gradually getting better in attack Tongue_out
(Oct. 08, 2011  12:35 PM)RustyXD Wrote: AFIAK they were banned because (well from my experiences anyway) people kept asking whats the lightning tank? I would also get PM's about it as strange as it sounds.

Actually, it is also because the fancy names started targetting other names or combinations. It was not just the egotistical "Shark Sashimi" : names started attacking other names and customizations, and somehow they became much more arrogant. Furthermore, I thought you would all have noticed that fancy names are not needed in Metal Fight Beyblade at all since TAKARA-TOMY developped a very efficient naming system that can fit in one line and in a few letters. In plastics and HMS, names were more or less needed because you could only refer to a combination by posting at least three lines, which was stupid.
OK, so that's why they got banned. Smile Thanks!
Rusty- Well yes, that's the very reason why I was surprised. Smile
I just requested people to edit out the C145 article, as it said that it offered unrivaled Defense against low attackers.
I guess they were correct?
But, current Attack combos can make Earth eat dust. We are now opting for HTAC's due to the major threat of BD145. If we use a higher track against Earth C145WB, Lightning can certainly do it all! Grin
Even so Lightning L Drago D125RF (CH120 would work better but I don't own it so I have not seen how good it goes but I assume it would do better) wipes the floor with any earth combination now'days even with RS , RSF or CS.

Thanks for the extra elaboration Kai-V Smile
The LED launcher is somewhat like the Catapult grip for plastics. Libruhhh
(Oct. 08, 2011  12:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2011  12:35 PM)RustyXD Wrote: AFIAK they were banned because (well from my experiences anyway) people kept asking whats the lightning tank? I would also get PM's about it as strange as it sounds.

Actually, it is also because the fancy names started targetting other names or combinations. It was not just the egotistical "Shark Sashimi" : names started attacking other names and customizations, and somehow they became much more arrogant. Furthermore, I thought you would all have noticed that fancy names are not needed in Metal Fight Beyblade at all since TAKARA-TOMY developped a very efficient naming system that can fit in one line and in a few letters. In plastics and HMS, names were more or less needed because you could only refer to a combination by posting at least three lines, which was stupid.

Well, at least you didn't end up with a combo my friend came up with in Plastics when I was 12. He hand-painted(with enamel paints...) a Dranzer S black and called it "Ultimate Dark Angel of Darkness". He was entirely serious...

Hotwheels, beat that.

(Oct. 08, 2011  12:49 PM)DE.MON Wrote: The LED launcher is somewhat like the Catapult grip for plastics. Libruhhh

The LED launcher is 100% like the Sniper Launch Grip from Plastics, in point of fact. It is a simple recolor.
Rusty- Please tell me you are joking!!!
Its so sad that the days of Lightning Attack Combs are coming to an end...
Well, it seems quite weird to me.
If Lightning is now failing to regain its lost success against Earth, then how could it possibly do it in the past?
Are people getting more better in Right Spin Attack with the arrival of Blitz?