Beyblade Random Thoughts

I have 2 WB's, one from a Rock Leone from the original release of Metal Fusion, and one now from Metal Masters. Totally different! I'd upload some photos to show comparisons, but I'm sleepy and I shouldn't even be on lol. Science Homework Pinching_eyes_2
(Oct. 06, 2011  4:31 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Quick, someone do a small test for Dark BGrin.

Dark Bull BGrin vs Earth Bull 145WD. 5 rounds or something.

Just wanna see and this is a just for fun request, so I guess it fits here best.

5 nil to earth bull.
(Oct. 06, 2011  5:11 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I have 2 WB's, one from a Rock Leone from the original release of Metal Fusion, and one now from Metal Masters. Totally different! I'd upload some photos to show comparisons, but I'm sleepy and I shouldn't even be on lol. Science Homework Pinching_eyes_2
Yeah that's what I meant. Metal Masters version. It looks so weird... Confused
Yeah, it is pretty weird. But I like the design of it, rather than mold 1 Tongue_out
(Oct. 06, 2011  4:55 AM)Tris Wrote: Hah. Guess It's Just Me Then. And Nope... I Meant... Like Short Form, You Know? Metal Fight Beyblade Has A Specific Name... While The Original (Season 1) Was Only Beyblade. Kinda Hard To Classify Which, If You Mean The First. Well, I Don't Think I'm Making Any Sense. *Awkward Silence*

I think it was really called "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade" in Japan. Elsewhere, Hasbro must have only thought up to litterally the next day, which means that perhaps they did not know a new series would be made and provided by them years later.
Obviously. Once Beyblade went on hiatus, I thought it was dead forever.
Well, a fanfic can make a difference, no? IIRC, MFB started out as some drawer making a fanfic and he got it published. Forgive me and my low amount of knowledge on the manga, lol.
Yes, I'm positive it was "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade" or "Bakuten Go Shoot Beyblade" in Japan.
(Oct. 06, 2011  5:34 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Well, a fanfic can make a difference, no? IIRC, MFB started out as some drawer making a fanfic and he got it published. Forgive me and my low amount of knowledge on the manga, lol.

Hm, no, not at all. It all only started with TAKARA-TOMY, and then they hired Adachi Takafumi to make a manga for the new series, and later, as it gained popularity, an anime was done. The fans never had anything to do with it besides the fact that TAKARA-TOMY knew that there was still potential to restart the series for the new generation.
(Oct. 06, 2011  5:11 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I have 2 WB's, one from a Rock Leone from the original release of Metal Fusion, and one now from Metal Masters. Totally different! I'd upload some photos to show comparisons, but I'm sleepy and I shouldn't even be on lol. Science Homework Pinching_eyes_2

Yah i have noticed that aswell with not just Wb but ALL latter relesed metal masters beys, they changed the mold to make it more break resistant, but through testing these newer molds tend to preform differently, mostly for the worse, except CS, but R2F, WB, HF, LF, F and a few other tips preform worse than the origanals
F and LF have mold differences now? And they perform differently? o.O Any tests to prove that theory? XD

Kai-V
And that is why I don't go to the anime and manga forum. I know literally nothing about it!
I was testing a stamina and defence combo (I don't have any metal faces though...) with my brand new Basalt and a 230WD...it wobbles more on a 230WD than a GB145CS, which is the defence combo I used... :\

I guess its true that the gap on the Wheel causes it to wobble a bit...and it does have bad solo spin time...

And I'm using a bucket for this XD - I don't have a proper stadium at the moment
230WD sucks , try 230CS as that does quite good , ahh I remember the good ol days when I used a lid to beybattle Smile
(Oct. 06, 2011  6:09 AM)Tiger Fury Wrote: I was testing a stamina and defence combo (I don't have any metal faces though...) with my brand new Basalt and a 230WD...it wobbles more on a 230WD than a GB145CS, which is the defence combo I used... :\

I guess its true that the gap on the Wheel causes it to wobble a bit...and it does have bad solo spin time...

And I'm using a bucket for this XD - I don't have a proper stadium at the moment

You want to use D with 230, not WD. Considerably more effective.
(Oct. 06, 2011  6:11 AM)RustyXD Wrote: 230WD sucks , try 230CS as that does quite good , ahh I remember the good ol days when I used a lid to beybattle Smile
I actually did try a 230CS (hasbro CS of course) and it worked fine Cute

Quote:You want to use D with 230, not WD. Considerably more effective.
I don't have D at the moment. Could get it from Counter Leone but it's useless in Competitive battling and it's one of the few with D now since Rock Leone is out of stock...I have SD back at my parent's home from Dark Bull...so WDs are my only choice at the moment. Gasp

EDIT: I forgot Rock Leone has WB...not D and Counter has B /such a derp

I found I am more of the Stamina/Defensive type player...I guess the use of old Plastics Generation Hasbro Stadiums have caused me to become this type...

The other day I made up the beyblades I used in my first ever tournament. MF Earth Bull C145WB, MF Lightning L Drago 100RF, Burn Aquario 145WD. Days where attack could beat anything.
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:19 AM)Chups Wrote: The other day I made up the beyblades I used in my first ever tournament. MF Earth Bull C145WB, MF Lightning L Drago 100RF, Burn Aquario 145WD. Days where attack could beat anything.

True enough. We have had so many dominant phases. We have had a period of-
Defense Dominance- When people were finally compelled to ban Libra.
Attack Dominance- What your post clearly suggests.
Defense Dominance- When Basalt ruled the stadiums....
Stamina Wipe Out- When counters to Basalt were invented. LLD BD145LRF, MLD CH120XF upgraded the position of Attack types. Basalt based Defense was already good. Stamina had been wiped out at this time.
Present- A possible Stamina dominance? We have got such brilliant parts for the purpose! Scythe, Phantom, Hell + BD145, B: D, etc.
Nothings really dominating right now its all equal IMO , although I do think we need some new defense parts. Hopefully they release another good defense MW.
uh new defence parts? Hello we just got RB which looks like a very good defence part. We need more metal wheels for defence though I guess.
True about RB , but we need some newer parts , Basalt BD145CS gets beat by VariAres , Blitz and Beat (To some extent.) So I guess RB is equaling everything out again , can't wait till sonokong release it.
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:34 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Nothings really dominating right now its all equal IMO , although I do think we need some new defense parts. Hopefully they release another good defense MW.

Serious

I hate defense.

Who the heck likes defense?

And why would you want more defense?
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:28 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  11:34 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Nothings really dominating right now its all equal IMO , although I do think we need some new defense parts. Hopefully they release another good defense MW.

Serious

I hate defense.

I prefer a Defensive style over Stamina and Attack, generally. Calm enough to be reliable, but capable of benig entertainingly aggressive and responsive to impact.

Defense just has no variation anymore, but that's an issue being beaten to a bloody pulp in a different thread in a different forum on this board.

I would appreciate a new, competitive, Defense-oriented MW more than anything else, right now.
I'd personally appreciate 100 more super Attack Metal Wheels.

Attack is nuts.
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:41 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I'd personally appreciate 100 more super Attack Metal Wheels.

Attack is nuts.

We've currently got 7 highly functional Attack MWs(Blitz, Beat, Fang, LLD, LDD, Gravity, Vari). Attack is being spoiled rotten and the other two categories are being left to one(Defense) or two(Stamina) viable choices.

Attack can go take a walk for a little while, as far as I'm concerned. I love Attack, but... there is already so much variety and so much to choose from, it's really disparaging to be so narrowed in the category I am most comfortable with.
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:28 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Serious

I hate defense.

Well Attack is dominating and if we keep getting attack MW's like the ones we are getting now there will be no point in testing as they will all be getting outstanding win rates.

I like attack as much as the next guy but if it was just attack it wouldn't be as fun.

There is also less variety in defense which means in a tournament if you want to use defense you will be using basalt and that leads to it winning tournaments due to the amount of people that use it and that leads to wanting it banned.
All attack is heaven.

You can go nuts with attack. they're so much fun.

And I think that there's more variety with Attack than with any other type, Hazel, but i guess that's just my personal opinion.
(Oct. 07, 2011  1:22 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: All attack is heaven.

You can go nuts with attack. they're so much fun.

And I think that there's more variety with Attack than with any other type, Hazel, but i guess that's just my personal opinion.

I very specifically stated that there was a lot of variety with Attack in my most recent post.

Defense has next to none and Stamina isn't doing much better. That is what I take issue with.
oh whoops, misunderstood.

and i meant possible variety, and thought that was what you were saying, haha.