Beyblade Random Thoughts

Anyone think we should have a full customisation game where you can make your own character and bey yourself and then roam about 1/3 of the time freely?
(Sep. 27, 2011  9:28 AM)powerangeryan Wrote: Anyone think we should have a full customisation game where you can make your own character and bey yourself and then roam about 1/3 of the time freely?

This honestly sounds horrible even in the best execution. In the likely execution, should it somehow find possibility, it would be something right out of a nightmare. Knights would rise up to vanquish it, but fall, finding its evil too great.

And then a game about the knights trying to kill it would be made.

But, really, Beyblade is best left to reality. You can customize a character and hang out in pretty much any other game to exactly the same effect. Making your own Beyblades can be done already on the forums. So, you're basically just talking about Habbo Hotel or Gaia or other similar things, but with an even more narrow gimmick - one that doesn't work.
(Sep. 27, 2011  6:07 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...bcee1ae4bd
http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.co...84781.html
I... Uhh... Yeah.

http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Beyblade-Cos...talog.html sadly no tobio
Metal grips are so awesome, seriously, the weight seems way more familiar in your hand and stuff Tongue_out.
(Sep. 26, 2011  8:36 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2011  3:58 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Chups- Well, that's true. Its so good to see some beys that are amazing out of the box!
1. Pick one up from ebay/your local store.
2. Tear open the box as it arrives.
3. Devastate everyone at a tourney.
4. Get another bey as a prize.
5. Eee
Wow, if this really happened every time, it would be SO much fun!

Eh. Customization is the personal touch of Beyblade. Without it, I do not think I could enjoy this hobby as much as I do. Spending hours a week testing part combinations every time I get a new part, even though others have already tested it for me - it's what helps me learn how and why every part works what way together.

Moreover, some people have absurd "luck" with some uncanny combinations, such as th!nk seeing results with Screw very few people could replicate. I've also had some weird incidents with Thermal that no one else seems capable of replicating.

So, if it were just out of the box to win... I would not really be as interested!

However, when I was a kid in the plastics era, I hated using custom beys and ONLY bladed out-of-the-box. I hated when things didn't match, and I always beat my friends anyway, lol.

Well yes. Customization in beyblade is the main reason behind the game. Customizing beys to make them work better is the very theory of this game. Smile
But I also agree to the fact that Out Of the Box beybattles were fun too! When I was a little younger, I really adored every Dragoon series bey (I still do) and hence when I used it uncustomized, I felt satisfied even if I lost. Tongue_out Also, the anime affected me more than anything else. Hence on using uncusomized beys, I also felt- 'Ooh! I am Tyson as I have Dragoon!' Tongue_out

@Raigeko- I would still buy it if there was a Kai costume available! Grin
(Sep. 27, 2011  6:07 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...bcee1ae4bd
http://www.wholesalehalloweencostumes.co...84781.html
I... Uhh... Yeah.

What does a beyblade costume do in a drug store?! Dont tell me that they put drugs in every costume0.o
Poseidon- Hmmm.... Only if I was as cool as Kai to be able to make that scarf look as cool! Tongue_out I also never really made Dranzer look THAT cool. I never understood any bey that had mode change gimmicks. Considering most Dranzer BB's had mode change, I sucked at using them. This is a matter of the past. The point stated here does not hold true in present situations. I love mode change beys now. Tongue_out
(Sep. 27, 2011  2:42 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Poseidon- Hmmm.... Only if I was as cool as Kai to be able to make that scarf look as cool! Tongue_out I also never really made Dranzer look THAT cool. I never understood any bey that had mode change gimmicks. Considering most Dranzer BB's had mode change, I sucked at using them. This is a matter of the past. The point stated here does not hold true in present situations. Tongue_out

lol.
Ultimate frostic dranzer no gimmick
Dranzer S gimmick
Dranzer F gimmick
Dranzer V no idea XD
Dranzer v2 gimmick
dranzer G engine gear
Dranzer GT special
Dranzer MS gimmick
Dranzer mF no idea XD
WOw they went full force to puck gimmicks on even on the engine gear which is more of a gimmick series the put an extra gimmick on it Tongue_out
Ultimate Frostic was Bistool after all. Tongue_out See, I told you! Dranzer=Gimmick Machine!
(Sep. 27, 2011  2:31 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @Raigeko- I would still buy it if there was a Kai costume available! Grin

http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Beyblade-Kai...on-01.html
OMG! That is SO good!
But, its too costly! Especially if compared to Ginga's and Ryuga's costumes.
Well, that would never reach me if the price remains the same. Tongue_out
I think I am going off topic.
EDIT- Oh yeah, I agree with Kai-V! Smile Wondering what material is used to make that.
It might just be that I am the sort of person to buy an Ankh replica as well, but I would not mind having that arm holder, hah.
(Sep. 27, 2011  3:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It might just be that I am the sort of person to buy an Ankh replica as well, but I would not mind having that arm holder, hah.

XD id figure you'd say that i might get it and either OOO's or Fourze's belt and wear it to the big tournament in Canada in april
(Sep. 27, 2011  4:25 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: XD id figure you'd say that i might get it and either OOO's or Fourze's belt and wear it to the big tournament in Canada in april

Which big tournament in Canada in April anyway, hah ?
(Sep. 27, 2011  4:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2011  4:25 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: XD id figure you'd say that i might get it and either OOO's or Fourze's belt and wear it to the big tournament in Canada in april

Which big tournament in Canada in April anyway, hah ?

XD i remember now the Beyblade Crusade @ Anime north if you guys are having it again. i start working soon so ill have money now XD
Oh, that is usually at the end of May. We will be happy if you can come, of course.
Hey guys, if you ask me, they should design and make more Beyblades based on the Shinto gods asides from Bakushin Susanoo, don't you think?
(Sep. 27, 2011  2:47 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2011  2:42 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Poseidon- Hmmm.... Only if I was as cool as Kai to be able to make that scarf look as cool! Tongue_out I also never really made Dranzer look THAT cool. I never understood any bey that had mode change gimmicks. Considering most Dranzer BB's had mode change, I sucked at using them. This is a matter of the past. The point stated here does not hold true in present situations. Tongue_out

lol.
Ultimate frostic dranzer no gimmick
Dranzer S gimmick
Dranzer F gimmick
Dranzer V no idea XD
Dranzer v2 gimmick
dranzer G engine gear
Dranzer GT special
Dranzer MS gimmick
Dranzer mF no idea XD
WOw they went full force to puck gimmicks on even on the engine gear which is more of a gimmick series the put an extra gimmick on it Tongue_out
Dranzer GT would be the best gimmick ever..haha
while Trygle and Cyber Dragoon jumping gimmick is just ugly to me..XD
Wyborg would be fun to aint it?
while Dragoon = rubber tip except Dragoon V.. Uncertain
So far, we have 2 great attack wheels (VariAres, Blitz), and 2 great stamina wheels (Scythe, Phantom) for the 4D series. It makes me wonder if we'll have a couple of great defense wheels in the upcoming releases.
(Sep. 27, 2011  5:41 PM)Uwik Wrote: So far, we have 2 great attack wheels (VariAres, Blitz), and 2 great stamina wheels (Scythe, Phantom) for the 4D series. It makes me wonder if we'll have a couple of great defense wheels in the upcoming releases.

That won't happen unless they release something heavier/thicker than Basalt (or if we ban Basalt to make way for any potentially 'good' new Defense Wheels).
Isn't Death supposed to be 'thickest' yet?
(Sep. 27, 2011  6:07 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2011  5:41 PM)Uwik Wrote: So far, we have 2 great attack wheels (VariAres, Blitz), and 2 great stamina wheels (Scythe, Phantom) for the 4D series. It makes me wonder if we'll have a couple of great defense wheels in the upcoming releases.

That won't happen unless they release something heavier/thicker than Basalt (or if we ban Basalt to make way for any potentially 'good' new Defense Wheels).

If they release anything heavier/thicker than Basalt this metagame is going back in time.

(Sep. 27, 2011  6:12 PM)Uwik Wrote: Isn't Death supposed to be 'thickest' yet?

Death looks structurally insufficient for Defense, but we really cannot assume how well it will perform, yet. It's possible it could usurp basalt, or it could just be a joke. We'll find out next month!
Or it could have record-breaking smash and we just refuse to see it that way.

How many existing 4D wheels have outstanding smash?