Beyblade Random Thoughts

i was messing around with my lightning l-drago and my new 230 track and in my new triple battle set stadium, the bey with 230 started to fly in the air when L-drago got under it. it happened several times in the same battle. i tried it again and happened 3 more times before l-drago nocked it out of the stadium completely. i think i witnessed upper attack in MFB but im not completely sure.

ps: the exact combo's were MF lightning l-drago 90 R2F (very fresh) and earth gasher (hasbro) 230D.
no . I think it is LDD has good smash capability
(Sep. 21, 2011  10:53 PM)Tyler Le Wrote: I just pay my uncle the shipping cost and get the bey for free sometimes:d
sharing is caring
haha yes. sniper. That's how I will get Phantom orion and the burning claw ver of leon.
(Sep. 21, 2011  10:53 PM)Giraton Wrote: i was messing around with my lightning l-drago and my new 230 track and in my new triple battle set stadium, the bey with 230 started to fly in the air when L-drago got under it. it happened several times in the same battle. i tried it again and happened 3 more times before l-drago nocked it out of the stadium completely. i think i witnessed upper attack in MFB but im not completely sure.

ps: the exact combo's were MF lightning l-drago 90 R2F (very fresh) and earth gasher (hasbro) 230D.

I get the same result using the Screw MW when going up against a combo using 230. Can send the 230 combo flying.
(Sep. 22, 2011  7:55 AM)BeyFan Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2011  10:53 PM)Giraton Wrote: i was messing around with my lightning l-drago and my new 230 track and in my new triple battle set stadium, the bey with 230 started to fly in the air when L-drago got under it. it happened several times in the same battle. i tried it again and happened 3 more times before l-drago nocked it out of the stadium completely. i think i witnessed upper attack in MFB but im not completely sure.

I get the same result using the Screw MW when going up against a combo using 230. Can send the 230 combo flying.

Upper is very real in MFB, it's just not reliable or particularly effective when compared to Smash. I can do hilarious things with Screw on an R2F and a low track, but not very reliably compared to the sheer power of a heavy Smash.

It's not impossible, just more difficult. Makes it all the more entertaining, though, when it does happen. Smile
Yeah, have found that with Screw (use it a lot more then Lightning), it is unreliable. But, still fun XD
am i the only one who think that a kamen rider beyblad thing would be cool if not AWESOME!!! I dunno been on my mind for quite some time what do you guys think?
(Sep. 22, 2011  8:11 AM)Hazel Wrote: Upper is very real in MFB, it's just not reliable or particularly effective when compared to Smash. I can do hilarious things with Screw on an R2F and a low track, but not very reliably compared to the sheer power of a heavy Smash.

It's not impossible, just more difficult. Makes it all the more entertaining, though, when it does happen. Smile

though upper attack is real (though i have not had "true" upper attack, i have gotten midnight to lift other beyblades), it is not as common as upper smash (which is most likely what you are experiencing with screw)
(Sep. 22, 2011  11:25 AM)Clonetos Wrote: am i the only one who think that a kamen rider beyblad thing would be cool if not AWESOME!!! I dunno been on my mind for quite some time what do you guys think?

Have you seen Benjohadi's entry for the Face Contest, hah ?
Hahah..thats the first one ever imagined yet so far isnt it?hahaha..
if Kamen Rider and Beyblade would corporate in a series...i wonder what will happen to the world..haha
Henshin from a beyblade..Chocked_2 ahah
Hehe! Benjo's entry is seriously innovating for Kamen Rider fans!
Well, on the topic of upper attacks- I think its weird. Confused Upper Attack exists according to many, but on basis of what I have experienced, the metal makes an upper attack almost impossible. Plastic to Plastic contact or even Metal to Plastic contact creates a high class upper attack. I don't really know what it is called, but I think the reason is the resistance of plastic which makes the opposing wheel 'stick' to it and hence also create upper attack.
I've managed to lift plastic generation beys with my MFB, but MFB vs MFB Upper Attack seems impossible to me...
But, I can't say much as I haven't even 'seen' a Screw wheel as of now... Unhappy
The only way by which upper attack looks possible to me is against BD145 as it would be Metal to Plastic contact... But even that, is impossible.
First off, you may need a height 80-85 track to get below BD145. This is possible to some extent, especially after the 80 track is released.
Secondly, to get below BD145, you must use it in Boost Mode. Hence, you'll be using Hell. This makes the combination too heavy, and thus you cannot get upper attack against it.
So, my theory is simply useless. Tongue_out
I seriously have to see a Screw wheel now... I wonder if my friend has it.. :\

@T.L Drago- Wow! That looks so good! Well, seems like its a pen, with a BBT (BBP) pen decoration. Tongue_out
Bringing back this post :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-METAL-FI...3#pid23333

But otherwise, I really do not see how you could mix Kamen Rider with Beyblades ...
yeah..its something that is really impossible to be made for two big japan entertainer to combine..hahah..

Perhaps design like LLD can make upper attack to be more effective..first..the drago head is somelike pop out to make contact and tilt the oppposing bey..
True, but LLD's slopes are too short to create a good upper. To me, Midnight's slopes looked best, and it did produce some upper as lord Wolfblade said. Smile
LLD Upper Mode's contact points do have slopes, but they act as a Smash(Contact) Point instead of a slope.
yea..the slope for upper attack for LLD is not that upper..its more like an aeroplane head..
it cant be compared to plastics upper attack..see Driger G / V2 upper slope..thats the real upper attack..
Yup, that's what I meant. Smile Are you not forgetting Upper Dragoon? Tongue_out
Aw man, that 'Dragoon' reminds me of something! I am seriously in LOVE with Dragoon V2 now... Years back, I had ransacked almost every toy store to find it. When I found it, I lost it after a month or two. Angry
Now, I am trying to find one, especially if its available for trade! Eee
Also, I just realized my Driger V's BB is a Metal Sharp? But I read somewhere it was supposed to be Metal Flat! Gasp
Nah..the drigers are just examples..quite some money to be listed..XD
Nope..Driger V's BB is metal sharp..not metal flat..as i recalled..the only one that have metal flat is G. Dragoon V..
Benjo-Well, if you say... Smile
But yes, I found this-
BeyWiki Wrote:The BB of Gaia Dragoon V, SG Metal Flat 2, is the second BB released with a metal flat tip with SG Metal Flat (Driger V) being the first.
mmm..the only Driger V that i found have metal sharp tip...any idea Hazel, ultrablader, beyfan?hah
EDIT:I remembered now..since youmentioned..there is SG metal Flat..but i never saw the first one.yet..so..it moght come with Driger V..i know Hasbro one has the metal sharp..or it depend on the release?or recolors?or only Takara have the Metal Flat?
I think it was officially called SG Metal Flat 2, but was more of a Sharp in reality.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, ♥. Smile
oh can't wait to know who won the design a bey competition! the tensions rising for me...
(Sep. 22, 2011  4:45 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: mmm..the only Driger V that i found have metal sharp tip...any idea Hazel, ultrablader, beyfan?hah
EDIT:I remembered now..since youmentioned..there is SG metal Flat..but i never saw the first one.yet..so..it moght come with Driger V..i know Hasbro one has the metal sharp..or it depend on the release?or recolors?or only Takara have the Metal Flat?

Takara's Driger V comes with SG Metal Flat. I'm not sure if the Hasbro release differs - I only have the Takara Driger V.
From memory...I think that the Hasbro one had a sharper tip...