Beyblade Random Thoughts

The only reason I'm not still doing plastics is mostly because they're like antiques, now... they're much more expensive, by and large, and if you break one(which happens a LOT with frequent use), you're dropping a lot of money, or just plum not finding another one in some cases. I broke my Tiger Defenser AR my first couple days back to the hobby, and I'm looking at having to drop a minimum of 30 dollars to get a new one.

I still want to collect plastics, but using them... I dunno. I'm just afraid I'll break my old ones, and they have sentimental value. Driger S was my favorite Bey, and all the combos I used revolved around it for the most part, which makes it even more difficult to want to go back to plastics, since Driger S is one of the rarer ones.
(Aug. 26, 2011  6:07 PM)Hazel Wrote: The only reason I'm not still doing plastics is mostly because they're like antiques, now... they're much more expensive, by and large, and if you break one(which happens a LOT with frequent use), you're dropping a lot of money, or just plum not finding another one in some cases. I broke my Tiger Defenser AR my first couple days back to the hobby, and I'm looking at having to drop a minimum of 30 dollars to get a new one.

I still want to collect plastics, but using them... I dunno. I'm just afraid I'll break my old ones, and they have sentimental value. Driger S was my favorite Bey, and all the combos I used revolved around it for the most part, which makes it even more difficult to want to go back to plastics, since Driger S is one of the rarer ones.

Plasics aren't that expensive. Like driger S you could get for $15-$20. Andits still quite easy availbale
(Aug. 26, 2011  6:09 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  6:07 PM)Hazel Wrote: The only reason I'm not still doing plastics is mostly because they're like antiques, now... they're much more expensive, by and large, and if you break one(which happens a LOT with frequent use), you're dropping a lot of money, or just plum not finding another one in some cases. I broke my Tiger Defenser AR my first couple days back to the hobby, and I'm looking at having to drop a minimum of 30 dollars to get a new one.

Plasics aren't that expensive. Like driger S you could get for $15-$20. Andits still quite easy availbale

I haven't found many Driger S for reasonable prices. eBay's got a few auctions up for them, and there's one of the gold ones, but I'm not certain about the gold one. When I broke mine I started looking around for it.
Plastics are pretty expensive nowadays. Unless you get lucky and get a bunch in a lot from like YJA or something. Finding single plastics, especially good ones, for low prices is pretty tough.
(Aug. 26, 2011  5:55 PM)Hazel Wrote: If I happen to be the first person here to get the new hasbro CS that owns a BB-10, I will gladly test it to the fullest extent of my capabilities. I can tell you ahead of time, though, that the rubber does look like it's JUST low enough to catch the TR.
What is this new CS you speak of? The one in the Faceoff pack? If so, I own that Tongue_out
(Aug. 26, 2011  9:23 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  5:55 PM)Hazel Wrote: If I happen to be the first person here to get the new hasbro CS that owns a BB-10, I will gladly test it to the fullest extent of my capabilities. I can tell you ahead of time, though, that the rubber does look like it's JUST low enough to catch the TR.
What is this new CS you speak of? The one in the Faceoff pack? If so, I own that Tongue_out

The faceoff pack one is the one I'm talking about, yes. I wasn't sure how many people had it, thus the "if" in the highlighted portion.
You can find it at Target, that's where I found mine Tongue_out
IF I had the parts to test, I would. But, I don't. I'm more of Hasbro noob when it comes to Beyblade Tongue_out
(Aug. 26, 2011  9:26 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: You can find it at Target, that's where I found mine Tongue_out
IF I had the parts to test, I would. But, I don't. I'm more of Hasbro noob when it comes to Beyblade Tongue_out

I saw it at TRU whenever I found it. I just didn't have the money on me. I'd be comparing it against the normal Hasbro CS if I got it, since I don't have a TT CS.
(Aug. 26, 2011  9:29 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  9:26 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: You can find it at Target, that's where I found mine Tongue_out

I saw it at TRU whenever I found it. I just didn't have the money on me. I'd be comparing it against the normal Hasbro CS if I got it, since I don't have a TT CS.
That is all I can do. I'm gonna go beyblade...
For more of a 'Random Thought'...
I'm still debating, 3x RBV7s or 1x Strongest Blader Set... decisions, decisions...Lips_sealed (this is not asking for help, just me trying to pick Tongue_out)

(Aug. 26, 2011  1:09 PM)ControL_ Wrote: No, EDS wears down super fast, as soon as the spike is gone, it's hidden underneath the flat... 2 EDS of mine have done that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I KNEW I SHOULD OF STOPPED USING MINE AND JUST SAVED IT ><

I still have a few good uses of mine... I just hope I can save it for a tournament...
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:01 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  1:09 PM)ControL_ Wrote: No, EDS wears down super fast, as soon as the spike is gone, it's hidden underneath the flat... 2 EDS of mine have done that.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I KNEW I SHOULD OF STOPPED USING MINE AND JUST SAVED IT ><

I still have a few good uses of mine... I just hope I can save it for a tournament...
Yes i am so lucky i was going to use mine for a tournament but i did not.

(Aug. 26, 2011  2:18 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, I was on my phone so I cbf'd writing all that. That's normal wear. Rubber gets worn, exposes plastic, plastic wears, exposes rubber, and so on.

Yeah I no , but it wears extremely fast compared to my takara CS's.

darkbull9999 Why are you lucky you didn't use it? It's a beast tip you might have won if you used it.
(Aug. 26, 2011  1:20 PM)th!nk Wrote: Disappointed to see everyone's forgotten the pattern with tt/sk cs's is based on what they're released in, not the manufacturer (alongside small variances)...

Not like I put effort into getting people to remember that or anything, just keep posting incorrect information..........

As a refresher: th!nk's guide to CS's (needs formatting etc, I'm on my phone so yeah).

Tt/sk Ray unicorno starter: generally aggro, some calm.

Ray unicorno booster: calm, rarely aggro.

Rbv6: calm, very rarely aggro

Hasbro Ray Unicorno (Starter/Booster?): very aggro, wearing to calm quickly, then back to aggro, and so on. One or two instances of calmer ones.

TENTATIVE: Hasbro Lightning Sword Showdown: Calm, less rubber than others.

All cs's generally become aggressive with an unbalanced wheel like basalt and a strong launch, though a steadier launch can help prevent this somewhat.

Try and remember it this time...

Now this is important stuff. The Hasbro Faceoff CS has a bit more to tell than you described, but still, this information on all of the CS molds is very helpful.

You guys all make it sound like EDS is a rubber tip with all of this wearing down. Is the S tip really so thin that it wears down quick enough to go into D mode? If so the tip must be thinner than what is on FS...
Well, I know this might have been pointed out, but I have to say one thing-
I see no difference between a Light Launcher and Light Launcher 2.
I got my Hell Kerbecs a few days back, and I was extremely excited to try the LL2, and also get to know which mold is my Hell wheel. I borrowed a Light Launcher from my friend, and I also used my brand new LL2.
I checked out the solo spin time, and there wasn't much of a difference. I use a TT Magnestadium, so I am sure these tests aren't passable. Spin times-
Light Launcher- 2:53
Light Launcher 2- 2:59

Well, I did expect a lot from the LL2, because Akirasdaddy proved it as the 2nd strongest launcher(1st is Rev-Up)
Also, I liked DS. It performs better than most other Stamina bottoms, IMO. Eee
I hope this isn't off topic..
(Aug. 27, 2011  1:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I hope this isn't off topic..
Beyblade Random Thoughts, bro, it wasn't Smile

I can't wait for my parents to order my beys (I still have no idea what I'm getting Serious ), the suspense is killing me...

(Aug. 27, 2011  2:02 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:

I can't wait for my parents to order my beys (I still have no idea what I'm getting Serious), the suspense is killing me...

Do your parents know what you have and don't have? If not, your anticipation could be ruined by a StCapricorn or something
(Aug. 27, 2011  3:05 PM)1dablader Wrote:

I can't wait for my parents to order my beys (I still have no idea what I'm getting Serious ), the suspense is killing me...

Do your parents know what you have and don't have? If not, your anticipation could be ruined by a StCapricorn or something
No, not like that. I showed them, and they'll think about which one they get once they get the money. They know what I have and don't have, I tell them almost daily XD

(Aug. 27, 2011  3:07 PM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  3:05 PM)1dablader Wrote:

No, not like that. I showed them, and they'll think about which one they get once they get the money. They know what I have and don't have, I tell them almost daily XD

Good luck with getting the Strongest Blader Set, man. It's just fantastic.

Personally, I'm the sort that would be happy to get any MFB Bey from folks as a gift, even if it's not really a great one, but since you have the option of choosing(or at least suggesting), it's all the better!
Ok I gotcha
(Aug. 27, 2011  1:59 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, I know this might have been pointed out, but I have to say one thing-
I see no difference between a Light Launcher and Light Launcher 2.
I got my Hell Kerbecs a few days back, and I was extremely excited to try the LL2, and also get to know which mold is my Hell wheel. I borrowed a Light Launcher from my friend, and I also used my brand new LL2.
I checked out the solo spin time, and there wasn't much of a difference. I use a TT Magnestadium, so I am sure these tests aren't passable. Spin times-
Light Launcher- 2:53
Light Launcher 2- 2:59

Well, I did expect a lot from the LL2, because Akirasdaddy proved it as the 2nd strongest launcher(1st is Rev-Up)
Also, I liked DS. It performs better than most other Stamina bottoms, IMO. Eee
I hope this isn't off topic..

Didn't know that about LL2! I wonder why people use Beylauncher over LL2, assuming that is true. And if those results which you posted are true, then what does this say about beylauncher? Does it really make that little of a difference?

Magnestadium was something I had always wanted, but i was fine with the Magnatray Hasbro had released at the time. The only reason I knew Magnastadium existed was through my Beyblade Vforce Video Game, which is currently MIA =(
Speaking of that game, I still have it. I wuv it too :3
I remember I always wanted those stadiums in that game, but I could never find them XD
Oh, the things you think when you're five...
Are you kidding? I was playing that game since I was 8 and then stopped for a long time, but I never fully stopped. E0very now and agian, my best friend and I, who loved Beyblades too, would still play that game. I only lost it a few months ago, a few days after I had last played it. I was replaying it alot at that time, as I wanted to obtain every single part and get as high lvl as I can. I think i am close to lvl 60 by now....

God I miss that game...they bey gallery (now complete) is just great too, and the multiplayer is alot of fun. Highly recomended to all original beyblade fans! =D (pure MFB fans should stay away from it obviously, as you will just waste your time and ruin a good game, IMO)
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:30 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Are you kidding? I was playing that game since I was 8 and then stopped for a long time, but I never fully stopped. E0very now and agian, my best friend and I, who loved Beyblades too, would still play that game. I only lost it a few months ago, a few days after I had last played it. I was replaying it alot at that time, as I wanted to obtain every single part and get as high lvl as I can. I think i am close to lvl 60 by now....

God I miss that game...they bey gallery (now complete) is just great too, and the multiplayer is alot of fun. Highly recomended to all beyblade fans! =D

I'm not kidding Tongue_out
I'm like a Lvl 32, with everything in the Bey Gallery. Sometimes I just plop it into the good ol' Wii (I know, not a GC Unhappy ) and just stare at the beys in the gallery.... *sigh*...
I once spent 15 minuets looking at nothing but my completed bey gallery. It brings back so many memories.

I played a game a few times called "Did I have this bey before my parents got rid of them all?" =( I get sad when I realize I owned it and it is now gone forever, and angry when i realize I didn't own it, especialy the really good beys. I then get aggrivated when I start to say, "WTF Mom and Dad?"

...I play that game too much with most pictures of plastic beys...
I'm going to be present at the Roseville TRU "kiddies" tournament, apparently there isn't an age limit here.