Beyblade Random Thoughts

I see. I watched the Toy Fair video again on Youtube again. The Hasbro representative never said there would be TRU tournaments, but the press guy asked if there was going to be tournaments at TRU.
Hm, I just realised how weird it would be if for some reason Faces were called something that started with 'r' instead, and we called combinations : MR Earth Bull GB145RS.
Ahah! That made me laugh kai-v!

But my random thought- today I went to a walmart, no beyblades! Not even empty hooks or designated sections. Only a l l drago stadium, and electronic, but they were hidden in the bottom; electronic beyblades inside the stadium.
How disappointing!
(Jan. 15, 2011  10:13 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: But my random thought- today I went to a walmart, no beyblades! Not even empty hooks or designated sections. Only a l l drago stadium, and electronic, but they were hidden in the bottom; electronic beyblades inside the stadium.
How disappointing!
this happened to my a week ago, i went to 2 walmarts and they were both had no beyblades...
For some reason my Fred Meyer's doesn't sell singles anymore. I have to buy double packs now. At least it gives me a reason to buy 2 Beys instead of 1!
(Jan. 14, 2011  8:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Without the obvious lightning/shadowing, Mercury Anubis Brave Ver. looks like this :
http://ameblo.jp/takunanabey/image-10768...71279.html

IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOX RIGHT NEXT TO THE BEY YOU CAN SEE KIRBY
With the advent of a new system, I'm wondering why so much potential was wasted for HWS. I know Clear Wheels matter in that they affect performance, but the fact that we're limited to using Bull/Aquario for optimum Defense/Stamina combos bugs me.

The L-Dragos and Perseus were the only Clear Wheels that took full advantage of what HWS had to offer. I guess I wish I could understand why they couldn't do that for every HWS Bey.
What I find funny:when I went to toys r us yesterday that had only good beys,earth Virgo,burn phoenix ,Peggy ,etc.and get this NO DARK WOLVES! I love my TRU
I'm am so going to get Hell Kerbecs Blue Inferno Ver. I don't care how much it costs, I'm going to get it. ><
Well akirasdaddy might win one and maybe u can buy it from him(and was it your msuv that went for 700 something dollars)
So I saw an Earth Virgo at my local TRU today, sadly I was broke, and the face is terrible. The VIRGO part just looks like the heart rate on a monitor :\
The Virgo Spintrack is one of my favorites so i got the bey and left the facebolt without the sticker.
which leads me to another question for everyone, do you prefer to put your stickers on your beys or just leave them off?
(Jan. 16, 2011  2:44 AM)AwesomeAsian Wrote: The Virgo Spintrack is one of my favorites so i got the bey and left the facebolt without the sticker.
which leads me to another question for everyone, do you prefer to put your stickers on your beys or just leave them off?

I've put stickers on all my beys to date, although the Hasbro stickers aren't too great...
(Jan. 16, 2011  2:49 AM)Darkmega354 Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2011  2:44 AM)AwesomeAsian Wrote: The Virgo Spintrack is one of my favorites so i got the bey and left the facebolt without the sticker.

I've put stickers on all my beys to date, although the Hasbro stickers aren't too great...
Yea i really dont like them either.
i just get japanese beys and use their stickers, but that is only every now and then
Quote:Yea i really dont like them either.
i just get japanese beys and use their stickers, but that is only every now and then

[/quote]Takara's stickers are so much better IMO.

And Hasbro is absolutely murdering the face stickers.
random thought: If Hasbro did find it appropiate to change Screws name, I think that it would be changed into something like Twist :P
(Jan. 16, 2011  3:10 AM)Darkmega354 Wrote:
Quote:Yea i really dont like them either.
Takara's stickers are so much better IMO.

And Hasbro is absolutely murdering the face stickers.
[/quote]

HASBRO's so cheap, all they care about is making a simple little sticker, not making it actually look decent, like for example, my friend and i both have an L-Drago but mine's a takara so 1, it came with a string launcher instead of a rip-chord (now i dont kno if thats tru for all takara beyblades but thats how it was with mine) and it also had a neater L design on the face bolt (some of the newer Hasbro L dragos dont even have an L on the facebolt, just a dragon face) and some stickers for the fusion wheel too, but his just has a cheesy painted fusion wheel where the paint chips off and covers the bottom of the stadium.
Which leads me to the next random thought: Paint or no paint on the fusion wheel? Yes it sometimes looks cool but the paint chips off pretty easily, whats your thought?
You're right like hasbros they dont appreciate the faces.
Faces are important you know.
Hey Ive got beys and they've got metal performance tips?
Why is that
Galaxy has upper attack... I think this concept should be followed up with the following combo:

Galaxy Unicorno 85(insert shortest attack tip here) vs top tier defense. Now before you go telling me its a destabalizer, unicorno was the only CW that exposes all three slopes on galaxy's "wings" which allows the upper to work better. Unfortunately, I only have a 100 track so I rigged it and used Flame Bull 145HF/S as its opponent so I could create the circumstances of galaxy hitting the underside of the opposing metal wheel. This was purely to test if galaxy has upper or not. I believe that it does, just no one ever went short enough to see it...
(Jan. 16, 2011  6:09 AM)MeteoLDrago 0_0 Wrote: Hey Ive got beys and they've got metal performance tips?
Why is that

Where did you get it from? I have metal performance tips as well that came in a SK box... pretty shady.
(Jan. 16, 2011  6:29 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: Galaxy has upper attack... I think this concept should be followed up with the following combo:

Galaxy Unicorno 85(insert shortest attack tip here) vs top tier defense. Now before you go telling me its a destabalizer, unicorno was the only CW that exposes all three slopes on galaxy's "wings" which allows the upper to work better. Unfortunately, I only have a 100 track so I rigged it and used Flame Bull 145HF/S as its opponent so I could create the circumstances of galaxy hitting the underside of the opposing metal wheel. This was purely to test if galaxy has upper or not. I believe that it does, just no one ever went short enough to see it...
I tried Galaxy Unicorno 85RF before, and it performed pretty badly against MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS.
Galaxy 85SF is worse.

The problem with Galaxy, in terms of Upper Attacking, is that it has three wings. This makes it more likely to hit the opposing Bey with the end of the slope (which is the highest part of the Wheel) instead of lifting it from the lowest point of the slope.
But then, the top of the Galaxy Wheel's slopes don't hit very hard, so it kinda sucks.

EDIT: Obviously this is what I experienced. Others might obtain different results.
(Jan. 16, 2011  6:43 AM)Diamond Wrote: I tried Galaxy Unicorno 85RF before, and it performed pretty badly against MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS.
Galaxy 85SF is worse.

Hmm... good to know diamond thanks for the response. Was this tested with thermal as well? I noticed the slope is quite defined as well...
(Jan. 15, 2011  10:55 PM)Ra Wrote: What I find funny:when I went to toys r us yesterday that had only good beys,earth Virgo,burn phoenix ,Peggy ,etc.and get this NO DARK WOLVES! I love my TRU

Well yeah, retailers sold out of everything at Christmas and restocked with newer products.
(Jan. 16, 2011  6:46 AM)Nojo294 Wrote: Was this tested with thermal as well? I noticed the slope is quite defined as well...
I haven't really tried Thermal as an Upper Attacker yet, but Thermal's slopes don't look steep enough for it to be able to actually lift the opposing Bey up.