Beyblade Random Thoughts

I'm really thinking about selling all of my plastic/HMS Beyblades. So that way I can just buy more MFB's when they come out here or just get them on eBay. Are any others thinking of doing this as well?
hmm, i don't have enough plastics TO sell. xP but yeah, i won't be buying any extra HMS or plastic, unless the HMS is super good, and super cheap. =P
I'm selling a few plastics and hms this month too buy some new MFBs. But the takara ones not hasbro.
I was just reading the Libra article and here's my thoughts on the banning of the wheel. You could take my argument with a pinch of salt since I am not a competitive player, but I think that it's a pretty sound idea, albeit probably just repetition.

I know that Libra has been banned for a while and this issue has died down, but don't most people just use MF Earth Bull C145/GB145WB now, and so it's an issue of beating the Earth combo? I know that it's not as heavy as the Libra defence combinations, and so is nowhere near as destructive to strategy and gameplay, but keeping the Libra wheel in would've kept a wider variation in (top tier) defence combinations, albeit just creating an extra wheel for combos to be based on, as well as creating a greater need for strategy, e.g. with a 46.3g limit (MF Earth Bull GB145WB) do you use a heavy stamina combo (Libra DF145SD - 46.1g) or do you use the aforementioned defence combo. It'd also allow for a balance combo to at least be attempted to be utilised.

I don't really understand the problem of policing Libra based combos at competitions though. Couldn't officials at tournaments literally just look at a Libra combo and see whether it's past the catch weight? A list could be created stating the average weight of each Libra combination, and then any which surpasses the limit could just be banned. It'd then be easier to regulate these combos as I'd suspect that there'd really only be 1 or 2 Libra combos that you would watch out for to be allowed; any others would be disqualified.

I think that Libra should've been kept and TT's limit of 47g respected, or however much the heaviest, yet non-game breaking, combo weighed. Without it, this just limits the number of combinations that can be used, and the constraints placed on Libra would still have allowed for whatever has happened after the banning of Libra to occur.

I really do think that this issue needs to be reconsidered.

Here are some weights of a few combos for your reference:

MF Earth Bull GB145WD - 46.3g
MF EarthBull GB145WB - 46.1g
*Libra DF145SD / WD - 46g / 46.1g
*Libra C145WD / WB / SD - 47.6g / 47.3g / 47.4g
MF Virgo GB145WD - 47.5g (I'm not sure if there are any weight differences in the Virgo molds, but I'd assume there would be one heavier - mine is the 3 minute mold)

* Obviously the Libra combinations have no metal face.
@ Cpt. Squirrel - You have quit a point, I think that as long as it's not passed a certain limit than it should be legal, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.
I'm part of the camp that thinks more variety in customizing is good, however I don't think unregulated customizing is good,per se.

How should I put this... it's like when you play with unregulated customs, you're basically inviting everyone to use this one part (Libra) which breaks the game and makes all other customizing pointless,unless it can beat that part.

Now, MFB is still fairly new, we're only in its 2nd (3rd?) play system so far. I was part of the camp that was for restricting the Libra to DF145 and 145. Banning it may have been extreme,but it did open up a lot of potential for things like Earth+ Bull combo to be found.

I'm also for opening up more stadiums for play,because I feel too much emphasis is put on the Attack Stadium and Tornado Ridges. I know the Stamina stadium is carp, but the Balance Stadium isn't too bad, and what about the Super Attack, Wide Square,or even the Standard Stadium? Or for those of us with too much money and spare time, the Extreme Stadium?

But I digress. I'm not a staff of the WBO (I don't even have any faces for Gasher's sake), and I'll probably be stuck in the gray area of "meh" when it comes to customs for a long time. So don't take my word as face value.
(Jun. 27, 2010  12:34 AM)BlackAce Wrote: I'm part of the camp that thinks more variety in customizing is good, however I don't think unregulated customizing is good,per se.

I said that the Libra wheel should be kept, but weight limits introduced...
I read what you said, Cpt. Squirrel. I'm just saying that Libra nerfed the game really badly, and I'm not sure weight limits would do much good.
Libra was good due to factors besides its weight as well...
Fyi, nerf means to have 'reduced' something in a game so Libra didn't nerf beyblading.

I think that weight limits would in fact do a world of good, since weight is essential to beyblades given how relatively little they weigh.

I genuinely believe that limiting weight is a much better option that just banning Libra.
I don't think Libra's strength is attributed solely to its raw weight, but rather the distribution of it.

As someone who walked to second place in my very first tournament using MF Libra C145B, I can honestly say that the metagame has improved in the last year or so, with the banning of Libra.
This is a section from the Spin Velocity article:
Beywiki Wrote:The Trade-offs of High Spin Velocity
Defense-type customizations will be easier to move if their parts are built for high spin velocity. Defense-types generally need the weight focused around the outside. This lowers their max spin velocity, but makes them harder for the opponent to interrupt. Think of it this way: If you hold two backpacks full of books close to your body and spin, you can spin faster, but you can also stop more easily. If you hold the backpacks with arms outstretched and spin, it is harder to start spinning and you cannot spin as fast, but you cannot stop as easily. When the weight is focused around the outside, the blade is harder to stop. This means that it is harder to interrupt the spin, increasing defense. It also means that Attack-types with outwardly-focused weight can smash their opponents harder.
Libra by itself has approximately 43-44 grams focused on the outside of the Wheel.
Earth has approximately 30 grams focused on the outside of the Wheel. The Bull Clear Wheel adds most of its weight (approx. 3.3g) to the inner part of the Earth Wheel. The Metal Face adds approximately 4.5 grams to the centre of the Bey.

I am no physics expert, but I suppose after adding a Metal Face and the Bull clear Wheel to the inner part of the Earth wheel, it will not have as much weight focused on the outside causing it to be more easily interrupted.
I assume it would look something like this: 30 (Earth’s weight focused on the outside)-3.3(Bull)-4.5(MF)=22.2g of weight focused on the outside.
On the other hand, the Libra Wheel even with an extra Metal Face will have 38.5g of weight focused on the outside: [43(Libra’s weight focused on the outside)-4.5(Metal Face)=38.5g].

And again, I am no expert on physics, so what I stated above might be totally incorrect.
But in that case,wouldn't MF Earth Bull C145WB be easy to defeat?

I'm thinking maybe Bull CW isn't a good wheel for Defense. Stamina sure,but not Defense.If what Climax says is true, then a Clear wheel with its weight distributed around the outside would be good for defense(I know Clear Wheels are negligible, but so are Metal Faces to some extent) and something like Bull + MF would be good for Stamina.

I don't know though, I'm not a doctor.
(Jun. 27, 2010  3:04 AM)BlackAce Wrote: But in that case,wouldn't MF Earth Bull C145WB be easy to defeat?

I'm thinking maybe Bull CW isn't a good wheel for Defense. Stamina sure,but not Defense.If what Climax says is true, then a Clear wheel with its weight distributed around the outside would be good for defense(I know Clear Wheels are negligible, but so are Metal Faces to some extent) and something like Bull + MF would be good for Stamina.

I don't know though, I'm not a doctor.
It would be the contrary actually, I believe. Weight on the circumference really aids stamina : adding a Metal Face would not really do that ...

Cpt. Squirrel, as was mentioned, the problem in Libra is not completely its weight, but how it is distributed. Libra has a lot of flywheel effect, and this effect is very good for any type essentially. That is part of the reason, I believe, that Libra was so good as a balance type as well, unlike any other Wheel at the moment. The Earth combinations do not seem like as much of a focus as Libra ones were : as far as I know some customizations can still defeat it fine. Moreover, at the moment of the poll, I do not know what happened with the test results, however apparently banning Libra gave some chance for WF combinations. Apparently ...

Also, concerning stadiums, even if we agree with you and that we are aware that attack types are at some general disadvantage against all the other types (because you do not mention them at all in your post about strategizing ...), that is what we base our decisions on in some cases : since attack combinations need as much help as possible while defense and stamina customizations are usually fine almost everywhere depending on the Bottoms, we try to work towards that.

A lot of veterans who have been using Libra customizations to beat everybody in tournaments wholeheartedly agree with the ban of the Libra Wheel ...

Finally, have you ever organised a tournament ? Sometimes there is no time to waste and to try to make people understand that their Beyblade is over a weight limit.
The thing with libra was the whole game was pretty much revolving around beating one bey which made the game feel real boring,also the only way to beat it with an attack time was with an RF combo and because of the ridge on the attack stadium RF combos almost always self ko and attack combos werent realy viable in competive play imo.Also everyone was just abusing this bey and there wasnt much room in competive play for attack combos it was mostly focused on libra and stamina combos.

Banning libra was probley the best thing to be done since then alot more combos have become viable and alot of new combos have came out,Aswell as the game not being so focused on beating one bey.

Thats just my opinon on it
With more and more beys beings released would it ever be unbanned once it gets out classed?
well i guess it's ok, especially with the volume of sales he deals with.
Did you read everything that I wrote?

TLDR: introducing a weight limit would reduce Libra's overall effectiveness, as well as allowing for any/everything that has occurred after the ban to still exist.
Do attack combinations have as much of a chance of winning against stamina customizations if you use Libra ...
No it wouldn't People would probably rather use Libra than Earth for defence even if there was a weight limit cause it's better. And as Kai V says it is much harder to knock out than other wheels used for stamina since it's so much heavier.
I think it's pretty legitimate discussion ...
This is stupid, it's just like Garchomp in competitive pokemon's OU environment.
It got kicked out, don't try and test it back in, the metagame only got better.
wait i just realizze something isnt quetzecoalt is a dinosaur
(Jun. 28, 2010  9:06 AM)tenzeku123 Wrote: wait i just realizze something isnt quetzecoalt is a dinosaur
Quetzalcoatl is a Feathered-Serpent.

Quetzalcoatl is not [Image: barney.jpg].