Beyblade Random Thoughts

So random thought came to me: How "top" are the Top-tier MFB combos?

Firstly, I worked out how many unique performance customisations of MFB are possible with the current beys which are released. I used the info from the beywiki article; Beyblade Parts list.

The figure came to 324,786.
I took into account the mold variations of Earth and H145, there may be more that I do not know of. Pre-HWS Libra wheel is included.

407 Wheels, 21 Tracks, 19 Bottoms and Metal Face/Normal Face.

Considering that the Pre-HWS Libra wheel is now banned for WBO sanctioned play, the total number of WBO-legal combinations is 323,988. There are 39 Top-tier combos listed on the "Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos".

Top 39 out of 323,988 possible combos. The competitive beys are truly top-tier as they are of the top 0.012% customisation. Goes to show how many useless combos are out there, and so few of the rare gems we love to find.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodin...r=HY19495D

looks like some nice recolors are comming but earth eagle Smithicide
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlis...llect=Tops

other metal fusion details
(May. 09, 2010  2:30 AM)FOOF! Wrote: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodin...r=HY19495D

looks like some nice recolors are comming but earth eagle Smithicide
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlis...llect=Tops

other metal fusion details
I saw that site a few days ago and thought that, besides the part names, it was not too interesting.
lol for all of you who don't have accounts anymore on beybladebattles: I think you have to have a product code to be a full memeber
the anime comes out saturday but still no toys lol
(May. 08, 2010  11:36 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: So random thought came to me: How "top" are the Top-tier MFB combos?

Firstly, I worked out how many unique performance customisations of MFB are possible with the current beys which are released. I used the info from the beywiki article; Beyblade Parts list.

The figure came to 324,786.
I took into account the mold variations of Earth and H145, there may be more that I do not know of. Pre-HWS Libra wheel is included.

407 Wheels, 21 Tracks, 19 Bottoms and Metal Face/Normal Face.

Considering that the Pre-HWS Libra wheel is now banned for WBO sanctioned play, the total number of WBO-legal combinations is 323,988. There are 39 Top-tier combos listed on the "Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos".

Top 39 out of 323,988 possible combos. The competitive beys are truly top-tier as they are of the top 0.012% customisation. Goes to show how many useless combos are out there, and so few of the rare gems we love to find.

That really is fascinating, useless, but fascinating none the less.
(May. 08, 2010  10:47 PM)EpicNinja Wrote: How come everytime i go on beybladebattles.com and log in my account is deleted?

arggh I'm glad you posted this so I could try to get my name back. So frustrating >| and now that it's 4 numbers it screws up my whole name Unhappy evilorso666 is now evilorso3666 Not nearly as evil!
Hey what should I get, Defense Hybrid wheel reshuffle or balance, which color of Rubber grip, which color of metal face. Pls answer me
This should probably go in the purchase consultation thread, but I hear the defense and stamina reshuffle(?) is better. As for the rest, it's really the aesthetics which are up to you to decide.
(May. 10, 2010  9:57 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: Hey what should I get, Defense Hybrid wheel reshuffle or balance, which color of Rubber grip, which color of metal face. Pls answer me

Depends what you have. I would select the defense and stamina reshuffle since it has Thermal in it. As for the other two it really depends on what colour appeals to you.
(May. 10, 2010  9:57 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: Hey what should I get, Defense Hybrid wheel reshuffle or balance

Why don't you search the answer in the Hong Kong Bladers thread?
I have already answered you the same question
(May. 10, 2010  2:54 PM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote:
(May. 10, 2010  9:57 AM)XDBeyblade Wrote: Hey what should I get, Defense Hybrid wheel reshuffle or balance

Why don't you search the answer in the Hong Kong Bladers thread?
I have already answered you the same question

I just asked more too see which one people like. So I'll buy Pisces
Talking to a friend of mine who works @ TRU in Toronto, he says that he saw a letter about the new beyblade release, but there was no release date, and he hasn't seen any of the toys yet. This isn't a terribly exciting piece of info, but I am a little less antsy knowing that the stores haven't just been waiting for the anime.
yes finally theintoy got there new beys and there all so call
Starting to think BMF won't be in stores in time for Anime North.
I just realised TAKARA-TOMY could give us any of the recolours from BB-13 and BB-25 in the upcoming BB-83 and BB-89, because they are theoretically rare as well ... Just not as good, hah.
Really need to get you a sign with "Will crush dreams for lols" on.
We honestly have no idea what it could be, but I'd say the odds of it being one of the prizes is probably a little higher than it just being a standard BB13 or 25 blade?
I'd assume they'll have a new paint job to modernize them a little as well.
It would seriously be awesome if BB-83 and BB-89 were Aries or Pisces, or even Virgo would still be nice.

Purple Aries <3
That would be awesome. I'd love to get a couple of those.

Original Pisces was my favorite beyblade.
(May. 11, 2010  2:35 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Really need to get you a sign with "Will crush dreams for lols" on.
No problem, hah.

I think nobody mentioned this actually, but while I was updating Beyblade Spirit, I noticed that the pictures Toywiz has of the new Beyblade Metal Fusion products show that Bottoms that were only included with the Metal System, such as F and SF I believe. They are in the Faceoff sets. That, added with TAKARA-TOMY's sudden re-release of Metal System blades, really confirms to me that no subdivision should be made in organized play for the Hybrid Wheel System exclusively.
What does that mean for future hasbro releases/speculation on their release layout?
(May. 12, 2010  2:03 AM)Corey Wrote: What does that mean for future hasbro releases/speculation on their release layout?
Well, they would need to add WD145, 90 and WF somewhere in future faceoff sets or something, if they want.

Obviously, with what we know of TAKARA-TOMY's next releases, there is a possibility that Hasbro would also release some of the Metal System Wheels as well to coincide with the anime.
Right.

It doesn't really make sense to start off with Hybrid wheels if you are Hasbro. There has been no confirmation that metal wheels are going to be produced though, right?
(May. 12, 2010  2:12 AM)Corey Wrote: Right.

It doesn't really make sense to start off with Hybrid wheels if you are Hasbro. There has been no confirmation that metal wheels are going to be produced though, right?
No, however they seem to follow the anime a lot. If Mei Mei appears in the second season with Aquario, it will be odd. Plus, with the re-releases of two other "rare" Metal System Beyblades, I expect that at least one other character in the anime will own one of them, so it would be even weirder.

That is, of course, if Beyblade is popular enough to get the second season.
Which is still a pretty big question mark considering it's going to be targeting an age group that doesn't know much about the previous beyblade releases.