Beyblade Random Thoughts

Then the free springs get caught in D125 or in a Wheel and things get destroyed.
Ah...but as I said,CONCEPT. There's always room for improvement both on conceptual fronts and on playing fronts.
springs wouldnt be open entirely, on the top of the track yes, but thats covered by your wheel (so theyre safe, and you can change stuff around if you want)

you know how C145 has a much wider top (like where the track meets the wheel... that circle?), that would be underneath the springs and there would be side walls and fronts with slots for the pins to go out of.

But instead of tearing this design apart, how about we look at the ideas behind it...

by making parts more customizable (as seen in past series) it allows for alot more gameplay options by players.
by taking a key concept of beyblade, the relation of parts to a whole, and taking that to how the pieces of a part affect the part and therefore the whole, would open up a whole new branch to this series, that we've been wanting...

as far as i know, the idea ace and i came up with was just an onthespot design of where the series could go with those ideas... by no means a thoroughly thought out piece.
(Jan. 03, 2010  4:17 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: springs wouldnt be open entirely, on the top of the track yes, but thats covered by your wheel (so theyre safe, and you can change stuff around if you want)

you know how C145 has a much wider top (like where the track meets the wheel... that circle?), that would be underneath the springs and there would be side walls and fronts with slots for the pins to go out of.
If you want the 'pins' to push the opposing beyblade away, they will have to come in direct contact with it, otherwise the springs' already low power against a spinning top would either diminish greatly (because the longer it takes, the more it wants to get its original length back), or even nullify. Therefore, supposing you have a spring strong enough to push anything backwards, it will end up being in the air, vulnerable.
And, if the springs were activated by the opponent once, chances are it can go reach that place again several times during the same battle.

theflightyellz Wrote:Fingers crossed, and a bey news forum would be nice to see.
Something a long the lines of mama beys blog?
Ah, I was talking about the Bey News sub-forum we have, in the News forum, unless that is what you also meant. I think I will basically be posting the same news at two instances ... In any case, it will be an indicator of the frequency of the visits of the Portal.
(Jan. 02, 2010  3:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHo4mhBrf1A
Has anybody else tried playing with only the Clear Wheels ? Very short battles, but some would say the beyblades are 'cute' that way.

hehe Yeah I tried that a while back when I first got some MFBs I was playing around and eventually was playing with no metal wheels. Ofcourse then I tried just a clear wheel but that didn't turn out well.......
(Jan. 03, 2010  6:09 AM)LDrago Wrote: hehe Yeah I tried that a while back when I first got some MFBs I was playing around and eventually was playing with no metal wheels. Ofcourse then I tried just a clear wheel but that didn't turn out well.......

Isnt playing with no metal wheel the same as playing with just a clear wheel?
I was bored last night, so i wrote Hasbro a letter. Like they'll care, but still....
ive just noticed something, all attack mfb's move in a clockwise direction, even the left spin ones, anyone know why this is?
That's an oxymoron. A left spin beyblade cannot spin in a clockwise direction...
(Jan. 03, 2010  9:45 PM)firelord767 Wrote: I was bored last night, so i wrote Hasbro a letter. Like they'll care, but still....

Saying...?
(Jan. 03, 2010  10:04 PM)Aqua Wrote: Saying...?

That i was bored last night, and wrote Hasbro a letter. I doubt anyone wants to read it, but do you want me to post it?
(Jan. 03, 2010  9:58 PM)bey tempest Wrote: ive just noticed something, all attack mfb's move in a clockwise direction, even the left spin ones, anyone know why this is?

This is not true, because as soon as I launched Lightning L Drago it moved in an anti-clockwise direction around the Stadium.

(Jan. 03, 2010  10:00 PM)Benkei Wrote: That's an oxymoron. A left spin beyblade cannot spin in a clockwise direction...

He means overall movement.
Ah right sorry. As you say though its still incorrect.
(Jan. 03, 2010  10:09 PM)firelord767 Wrote: That i was bored last night, and wrote Hasbro a letter. I doubt anyone wants to read it, but do you want me to post it?

If you're not going to show it, why even post about it ...
(Jan. 03, 2010  9:58 PM)bey tempest Wrote: ive just noticed something, all attack mfb's move in a clockwise direction, even the left spin ones, anyone know why this is?

Not quite actually. That's more an issue of perspective.

When performing sliding shoot with RF it might appear that the bey is going in an overall clockwise direction but if you look closely the sliding shoot pattern is formed of many smaller circles. Each of those circles are moving counter-clockwise.

I know this is not the best way to describe it but I'm at a loss of what terms to use.
Does anyone else put weights in the handle of their Launcher grips? I use glass nuggets, a magnet, and a marble to do so. I stacked the items in such a way that the final product doesn't rattle. It feels much more comfortable and balanced then the hollow handle it comes with.
Ugh, I need my StormPegasis to hurry up and arrive. I wont have as much time to test it out with other blades before the tournament.
EDIT: My Storm Pegasis arrived 15 minutes after this post Grin.
Since the battle strikers Metal XS have been posted I want to take off the stickers of my beyblades and stop putting them on...
I had a friend over this weekend -- for those of you old enough to remember Street Beyblade, he was the webmaster of that, though he has not played Beyblade in like five years -- and we played both Beyblade and Battle Strikers. After playing with Metal XS for a while, we switched to Beyblade. After playing it casually for just a minute or two, we went back to Battle Strikers.

I realized something: I don't enjoy the actual process of playing with Beyblade, really. There is not much there to enjoy; it is totally a passive experience. All of the fun of Beyblade, for me, comes from testing combos and before-battle tactics. Actually watching the battle play out is generally very uninteresting for me. I don't have the capacity to enjoy Beyblade on a non-competitive level.
I agree, though I imagine anime north was a fun experience.
(Jan. 04, 2010  8:05 PM)Benkei Wrote: I agree, though I imagine anime north was a fun experience.

... I am not sure how this relates, but I did enjoy playing at AN because I played against almost entirely top-level players. However, even then I did not enjoy the after-shot part of the game. I mostly just find it frustrating to watch helplessly.
(Jan. 04, 2010  7:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I had a friend over this weekend -- for those of you old enough to remember Street Beyblade, he was the webmaster of that, though he has not played Beyblade in like five years -- and we played both Beyblade and Battle Strikers. After playing with Metal XS for a while, we switched to Beyblade. After playing it casually for just a minute or two, we went back to Battle Strikers.

I realized something: I don't enjoy the actual process of playing with Beyblade, really. There is not much there to enjoy; it is totally a passive experience. All of the fun of Beyblade, for me, comes from testing combos and before-battle tactics. Actually watching the battle play out is generally very uninteresting for me. I don't have the capacity to enjoy Beyblade on a non-competitive level.

lol kinda makes me think of Kenny & Madoka
(Jan. 04, 2010  8:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ... I am not sure how this relates, but I did enjoy playing at AN because I played against almost entirely top-level players. However, even then I did not enjoy the after-shot part of the game. I mostly just find it frustrating to watch helplessly.

It relates entirely

(Jan. 04, 2010  7:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I realized something: I don't enjoy the actual process of playing with Beyblade, really. There is not much there to enjoy;

You said that you did not enjoy Beyblade as much as Battle Strikers and I agreed with you. I however was presenting a case where enjoying beyblade would be very easy.
Even at AN, I did not find the actual process of the battle enjoyable; only the tactics employed before the battle.
(Jan. 04, 2010  12:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you're not going to show it, why even post about it ...

Theres a chance that if you guys didn't care, then why post.I haven't gotten a straight answer of whether or not you want me to yet, but i'd understand if it where the latter of the two.

And also, about remarks about the battle process, i'd also have to agree that it's annoying to not be an actual part of the battle, despite Battle Strikers having that quality. Though the testing is certainly fun. I'm currently fooling around with use of C145 is attack customization. Go figure. Attack. I'd say the competitive scene would be a little more fun if the launch had more signifigance. I wish the slightest angle would make a difference. The "Fire Arrow" and "Galuex Claw" i found on an old fansite would be so much fun.