Beyblade Random Thoughts

I know this is outrageously illegal, but I've done minor alterations to MFB F and HF bottoms. I've been able to use rounded and cylindrical poly-caps from Gundam and Super Robot Wars kits to protect my tips. I'm currently lacking a beystadium so I try my hardest to protect my bottoms.

The Polyethylene bits don't last long, but they still allow the the tops to spin freely, more or less. The cylinders act as RF and the rounded ones act as B or WB.

The most interesting by far, is the bearing tip I just came up with! I cut the jack plug from a cell phone charger and fed it through my HF. It's a snug connection and did not at all damage the bottom.
Thats smart! Do you have anything for S, BS and family yet?
I'm sorry, but I don't have anything in the sharp family. I'm still waiting for my BB-22 Beyreshuffle Stamina & Defense set...
Ah... thats a bit upsetting, but it's great that you could get those bottoms out of spare parts lying around. I might have to do some experementing with bottoms now.

So, how does a beyblade with the Bearing Bottom do against a normal beyblade?
Having to fit through a HF means that the tip is minuscule. Balance is poor, but it can easily win by out spinning the opposition.
(Dec. 29, 2009  6:50 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: lol i guess drigerGT's vids have really good lighting or something that makes the beyblades look a lot brighter.. is that natural light? >_>

Yes, it is natural light Smile. Except in some few vids where I use artificial light.
(Jan. 01, 2010  8:10 PM)DrigerGT Wrote: Yes, it is natural light Smile. Except in some few vids where I use artificial light.

haha thanks for the info :] when i see my beyblades battling it out i wanted to see them in a good light Tongue_out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHo4mhBrf1A
Has anybody else tried playing with only the Clear Wheels ? Very short battles, but some would say the beyblades are 'cute' that way.
i watched that earlier today but thats a bit silly.
I've done that before, haha. Have you guys tried spinning the track and bottom with the wheels? It merely involves lightly screwing in the face to track and, using your index finger, flicking the track clockwise. I find that it works best with short tracks.
Strange we haven't heard anything about any new releases for a while now.
Really hoping that there's going to be a new system released next year, I'm really bored of the HWS at the moment.
It was never great to begin with I know, but still.
I just want them to release a bigger variety of parts on the HWS .-. .. cuz we all know that they've put the same exact track and bottom on so many other MFBs.
(Jan. 02, 2010  9:04 PM)HEARTof4Lion Wrote: I just want them to release a bigger variety of parts on the HWS .-. .. cuz we all know that they've put the same exact track and bottom on so many other MFBs.
This and new metal wheels like one like dragoon galaxy or dranzer gigs turbo
(Jan. 02, 2010  9:17 PM)benjamin510 Wrote: This and new metal wheels like one like dragoon galaxy or dranzer gigs turbo

I, for one, wouldn't want that.
(Jan. 02, 2010  9:19 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: I, for one, wouldn't want that.
Good point.... We need new stuff to separate the series.
(Jan. 02, 2010  3:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHo4mhBrf1A
Has anybody else tried playing with only the Clear Wheels ? Very short battles, but some would say the beyblades are 'cute' that way.

I don't know how he managed to get them to spin that long. I can't.
(Jan. 02, 2010  8:59 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Strange we haven't heard anything about any new releases for a while now.
Really hoping that there's going to be a new system released next year, I'm really bored of the HWS at the moment.
It was never great to begin with I know, but still.
TAKARA-TOMY is fooling around ... They have not even added the January Beyblade releases to their monthly release list, while all the other products are there, including Transformers, which is their other top line. As if there had to be a huge secret around Beyblade products ...

I agree though : I seriously hope a new system is developped either in February or in March. I told myself I would start that Bey News forum then ...
(Jan. 02, 2010  10:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TAKARA-TOMY is fooling around ... They have not even added the January Beyblade releases to their monthly release list, while all the other products are there, including Transformers, which is their other top line. As if there had to be a huge secret around Beyblade products ...

I agree though : I seriously hope a new system is developped either in February or in March. I told myself I would start that Bey News forum then ...

Urgh, stupid hype building tactics...
Hopefully this will lead to news of a new system development, but still.
I just think we need something new to turn the game around a bit, even something like customizable tracks (in the same way we had support parts) would be a massively welcome change.
Fingers crossed, and a bey news forum would be nice to see.
Something a long the lines of mama beys blog?
I actually had an odd daydream where I was using an MFB with a transforming track. Not like CH120,but it actually SHIFTED modes similar to Shooter Change or Battle Change from HMS.

That would be interesting to see,no? More dual function parts/dual function parts with expanded functionality?
(Jan. 03, 2010  3:06 AM)BlackAce Wrote: I actually had an odd daydream where I was using an MFB with a transforming track. Not like CH120,but it actually SHIFTED modes similar to Shooter Change or Battle Change from HMS.

That would be interesting to see,no? More dual function parts/dual function parts with expanded functionality?

HF/S?
HF/S is a good example of one,but where can it go from there?

There's a lot of untapped potential within the MFB system still,both on the player and developer side.

Personally,I think transforming tracks and bottoms can do a lot for the game on a lot of fronts.

Looking back at the HMS gimmick system,that was a good example of what Takara Tomy should shoot for with the third MFB system,but more geared for battle.
So give an example, then ...?
Well,me and Limeguy were discussing it over a chat.

Say for example,you have a Beyblade like Flame Sagittario with the C145 track.

The C145 is fine,I'm not knocking it by any means,but...what would happen if it was more mechanical?

ME and this member came up with (READ:THIS IS NOT A REAL TRACK) the JS145 (Joust Spin 145) concept.

Basically,the idea behind this example is it's a counterattacking track that pushes the opposing Beyblade away with a spring-loaded point.

TO use it,you would have 3 pins,and in between the pins there would be catches. You would push the pins into the catches until they lock,then launch the blade,then upon the opposition's impact...BOOM! Point to the face!

There would also be a mechanism to change the direction the catches lock,for left spin blades.

But this is just a concept. And I can't take all the credit.
please explain the logistics of how that actually functions
It would either push the opposing Beyblade away,provided they're light enough,or push you away to counterattack,if the other blade is too heavy.