Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 10, 2009  1:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: FS already functions the same as Metal Change, to be honest.

I'd agree with that, apart from the fact Metal Change would be slightly more agressive, and its Stamina would be improved. I doubt one "improvement" part, which is what I see Metal Change to be, is salvation for the game, anyway.

(Dec. 10, 2009  2:09 PM)Aqua Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2009  9:53 AM)♥ Wrote: Would it really?

Everyone will stick Libra / Virgo / Earth on it anyway.

I was being a bit biased lol

I agree with what you guys are saying though. TT really needs to make some changes to improve the MFB gameplay.

I loved Metal Change too when it was out, haha.

(Dec. 10, 2009  2:27 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: I tried to keep that short (if you want a longer explanation on Bombazar and DM, PM me), but what I'm saying is I can understand TT's desire to restrict the use of Libra all the way down to "No Metal Face + Libra" because if they didn't, they might find themselves in the same situation we find ourselves in here with Libra dominance and the Rock-Paper-Scissors battle. It's pretty clear interest is dwindling, but is it all due to TT not releasing new parts (partly, yes; but not entirely), or is it more we are "forcing" disinterest on ourselves?

Hmm, this is a really great argument for Takara Tomy, actually.

While the ban is obviously intended to reduce the usage of Libra and Metal Face being used in conjunction, Libra C145WB is pretty much just as effective - if an Attacker can land a blow to KO this, that same blow would KO its Metal Faced equivalent just as well.

Although you raise a really good point ... I have no idea what would hypothetically happen if such a weight limit was introduced here, anyway. I don't know how wide-reaching Bombazar was exactly on the Duel Masters game, so I can't exactlyy give a proper view.

And I'm sorry Felgrand, but I honestly can't understand whatever you've just said. If we assume Kyoganken's weights to be exact, then the only combination of parts which is above the weight limit is Metal Face + Libra ...

The weight limit wasn't introduced to prevent the use of RF at all ...
Libra should have been banned outright long ago if they weren't planning on introducing any new Wheels in Libra's weight class. As you guys have already touched on, it would open up the metagame to much more competitive possibilities, something that I think desperately needs to be done.

I wonder how Hasbro will handle Libra. Will they release it as is? Create a new, lighter mold?
if they create a lighter mold wont the prices on heavier takara molds increase and become more sought after?
Potentially, but I doubt that's a huge concern for Hasbro.
(Dec. 10, 2009  10:39 PM)Kei Wrote: I wonder how Hasbro will handle Libra. Will they release it as is? Create a new, lighter mold?
I don't think Hasbro have, or ever will take as strict a policy on competitive play as Takara TOMY have.
(Dec. 10, 2009  10:55 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: I don't think Hasbro have, or ever will take as strict a policy on competitive play as Takara TOMY have.

I agree, but to leave something like Libra the way it is, is just careless if they're planning on having any type of competitive play.
... One of the UK qualifying tournaments consisted of 8 people launching in to a thunder rumbler stadium at the same time so they could eliminate people quicker.
I don't think it really matters how much something weighs until it gets to the finals, which were done in stadiums so large that anything other than stamina combos is absolutely ridiculous.
(Dec. 11, 2009  12:06 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: ... One of the UK qualifying tournaments consisted of 8 people launching in to a thunder rumbler stadium at the same time so they could eliminate people quicker.
I don't think it really matters how much something weighs until it gets to the finals, which were done in stadiums so large that anything other than stamina combos is absolutely ridiculous.

Speechless

This reminds me, the Canadian "champion" that was sent to the World Championships was done by random draw of the W.O.W. tournaments (if I remember correctly).

Let's hope Hasbro doesn't do such a bad job with competitive play this time around.
(Dec. 10, 2009  10:39 PM)Kei Wrote: I wonder how Hasbro will handle Libra. Will they release it as is? Create a new, lighter mold?

lmao like hasbro cares
(Dec. 11, 2009  1:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lmao like hasbro cares

That is why TT can't ban Libra...

@Heart:

To simply say, heavy beyblades mostly gain more advantage during battles...
(Dec. 11, 2009  2:32 AM)フェルグラント Wrote: That is why TT can't ban Libra...

Um what does Hasbro have to do with that?
If Hasbro has announced their news to take Beyblade: Metal Fusion, wouldn't they have started preparing already...? The toys that is. Besides, like you said, why would Hasbro care about Libra's weight anyway...they are just a company trying to make money out of toys, they have nothing to do with the parts manufacted as long as they sell. And the part where you said that you feel Libra should be just banned instead of using a weight limit...TT already manufacted the parts and what's more is that the parts of Asia who are getting TT beyblades follow TT rules. So if they ban Libra now, they can't sell them, they would make a big loss.
As the days go by, it becomes more and more tempting to write a letter to Hasbro. Of course, it would be completely disregarded anyway.
(Dec. 11, 2009  3:36 AM)フェルグラント Wrote: If Hasbro has announced their news to take Beyblade: Metal Fusion, wouldn't they have started preparing already...? Besides, like you said, why would Hasbro care about Libra's weight anyway...they are just a company trying to make money out of toys, they have nothing to do with the parts manufacted as long as they sell. And the part where you said that you feel Libra should be just banned instead of using a weight limit...TT already manufacted the parts and what's more is that the parts of Asia who are getting TT beyblades follow TT rules. So if they ban Libra now, they can't sell them, they would make a big loss.

except libra stopped being manufactured ages ago, but i do see where you're coming from

you did not explain why hasbro is connected a potential ban of libra in asia, however
(Dec. 11, 2009  3:36 AM)フェルグラント Wrote: If Hasbro has announced their news to take Beyblade: Metal Fusion, wouldn't they have started preparing already...? Besides, like you said, why would Hasbro care about Libra's weight anyway...they are just a company trying to make money out of toys, they have nothing to do with the parts manufacted as long as they sell. And the part where you said that you feel Libra should be just banned instead of using a weight limit...TT already manufacted the parts and what's more is that the parts of Asia who are getting TT beyblades follow TT rules. So if they ban Libra now, they can't sell them, they would make a big loss.
I think Libra is not really produced anymore, like BB-21 and BB-22. At least, I barely see any in the shops of which people post photos.
People from other parts of the world might not know about Libra's usability and weight limit when BMF is released, it might create a confusion if Hasbro and TT decided to make a joint competition.
(Dec. 11, 2009  3:42 AM)フェルグラント Wrote: People from other parts of the world might not know about Libra's usability and weight limit when BMF is released, it might create a confusion if Hasbro and TT decided to make a joint competition.

I sincerely don't see this as a show-stopping issue. The Beyblade World Championships didn't allow HMS despite HMS having been out in Japan for like a year already.
(Dec. 11, 2009  3:48 AM)フェルグラント Wrote: I meant the toys when I said BMF...

... uh, I know?
You said show-stopping...UGH FORGET IT, IT'S GETTING CONFUSING.
You've never heard the expression "show-stopper/ing" before? It's not taken quite so literally, at least not anymore

Serious
sometimes it's best not to say anything, felgrand
Looking around Ebay just for some new Beyblade equipment Grin Something I really need.
(Dec. 12, 2009  3:50 PM)フェルグラント Wrote: Did anyone try this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-8BakzC37o

with torch pegasus and bearing stinger.