Beyblade Random Thoughts

Couple of things to point out...

1) the numbers I had listed were just assumptions, and some of them were sorta accurate

2) I am not asking them to release parts, once a week. Im saying when they do release new beys, that there is at least one new part.

3) If they released new parts in every release, it wouldn't be that expensive since eager people like me love to try out the newer parts. And to try it out means that I buy and they get their money.

4) If you actually think of it and concentrate, use creativity their can be countless amount of bottoms

First bottoms that just came to my mind:

T- Tall
C- Crescent
TS- Tall sharp
TC- Tall Crescent
MT- Metal Tall
MC- Metal Crescent
MTS- Metal Tall sharp
MTC- Metal tall crescent

now tell me their cant be that many bottoms, not saying all of them are even legible, but like they can seriously make the T, C, TC, TS etc. with tall
Srry for double post

But imagine like a blade, ex. Original Pegasis

PegasisH145T

Imagine that, Tall say adds on like a good 10-20mm.

It'll make it like really hard to hit the metal wheel, and this can be a attack counter.

Just like Heart said: Rock-Paper-Scizors
This combo can make it like : Rock-Paper-Lizard-Scissors-Spock etc. etc. etc. lmao

like it will make it more challenging and imagine slide shooting with that bey

=]
Quote:1) the numbers I had listed were just assumptions, and some of them were sorta accurate

How can you say they are accurate?

Quote:2) I am not asking them to release parts, once a week. Im saying when they do release new beys, that there is at least one new part.

Aside from Dark Cancer CH120SF, which was a re-release, every Beyblade has included at least one new part.

Quote:3) If they released new parts in every release, it wouldn't be that expensive since eager people like me love to try out the newer parts. And to try it out means that I buy and they get their money.

Do you know how much it costs to make the mold for just small plastic part? About $10 000. This does not include the cost of designing and manufacturing them. I'm not a fan of re-using parts, either, but there needs to be some understanding of why it happens. This isn't new, either; just look at the SG bases of the plastic generation.

Also, I would rather have reprints of useful Bottoms than a bunch of useless variations like you just listed.
Not to make this into a HUGE arguement/debate. I clearly stated that some of that SOME of the numbers were SORTA true. In sorta I meant, like close to the actual amount.

Uhmm, you are true about the parts, but I wish they got a little more unique with their ideas.

And no I think that T-Tall would be an excellent bottom for attack killing.
(Dec. 10, 2009  4:14 AM)Ultimat3Blader Wrote: Not to make this into a HUGE arguement/debate. I clearly stated that some of that SOME of the numbers were SORTA true. In sorta I meant, like close to the actual amount.

please stop
Arbitrary stats are arbitrary.
ultimat3blader if even i can tell that you're blowing smoke out your butt then you should probably stop
Hey what can I say, opinions are opinions, facts are facts.

I totally understand what Brad is saying, just all I hope is that TT make the game more competitive and not lob-sided as it is now.

So furthermore, imagine TT make like a hologram beyblade that whenever the bey is hit like a certain amount of time in a dark room, or dimmed room. You can see like a minature bit beast coming from the face.

that would RAPE =]
(Dec. 10, 2009  4:14 AM)Ultimat3Blader Wrote: Not to make this into a HUGE arguement/debate. I clearly stated that some of that SOME of the numbers were SORTA true. In sorta I meant, like close to the actual amount.

Uhmm, you are true about the parts, but I wish they got a little more unique with their ideas.

And no I think that T-Tall would be an excellent bottom for attack killing.

There's a difference between statistics and guessing.

Effective statistics involve taking a large sample size, taking the data size and putting it through various tests. These tests can include anything from basic mean median mode to complex excel VBA programs, sensitivity analysis etc. From the data outputted one can make inferences to what it means.

This process is incredibly mathematically intensive and time consuming. You were just pulling numbers out of a hat without statistical data to back that up. That is guessing
True. But how about we remove those BS numbers, tell me my worded statements were totally false. I mean it was my oppion so it cant be false, but people can agree with my words not my numbers
I'm not trying to rail on you, but just thought it's important to know that you should be very cautious when using numbers to back up a personal opinion. If people find flaws in those numbers, most will just dismiss the argument entirely.

It's applicable to life in general
Khel:

Im totally fine on people catching my errors, and critqing me.

Its basically like im slipping but before I slip you guys pick it me up, in the real world no1's gonna pick me up so its kind of like a training ground.

Were all just one BIG happy/disfunctional family, < thats fine though =]
Also I didn't stick it in my previous post but they need to release Metal Change.

I need me some DEMS action in MFB form.
The tip that was found on Driger S and Death Gargoyle MS. Shoot is straight and it spins in the centre; change your angle and you could get it to move like Metal Flat or perform a great sliding shoot.

It's probably my favorite RC or Blade Base ever made.
(Dec. 10, 2009  5:59 AM)Khel Wrote: Also I didn't stick it in my previous post but they need to release Metal Change.

I need me some DEMS action in MFB form.

haha I mentioned the same thing a few pages back.

It's one of my favourite parts as well. A MC bottom would definately make MFB gameplay more interesting.
id be happy even with a metal flat just a half decent alterative to RF its anouying wearing RFs out Tired
(Dec. 10, 2009  6:56 AM)Dirge Wrote: id be happy even with a metal flat just a half decent alterative to RF its anouying wearing RFs out Tired

I wished more that they used the rubber that was on Dragoon MSUV's Running Core for RF.
I'm sure Brad already knows I share the same sentiments for the MFB competitive field.

One thing I'm not 100% on is if we should have a weight limit as well.

RF has a serious self KO flaw, it's the only thing that sort of alleviates Libra's advantage over the field. I have recently been playing around with TT's weight limit and I understand why I'm seeing F's, WF, and HF attack combo's over RF on Japanese Blader blogs. I'm, finally understanding why MF Earth CH145D is a popular combo there as well. It seems RF just doesn't work for Japanese Bladers, from the poor translators I've managed, they noticed the same thing. RF is unstable; too unstable.

With the weight limit TT set out, all of those attack bottoms become viable. At the same time, the weight limit severely lowers the parts available to Libra, reducing it's overall effectiveness substantially.

Yes, TT needs to set out and get over their established weight limit and break past their Libra scare, produce parts we know they can produce, and shake up their meta game even more. I think their issue was the initial shock from Libra's dominance, they found a quick solution, made Tournaments much more luck based, and stuck with it.

Obviously more work needs to be done on my end here, I'll get solid test results in, actual combo's mapped out against each other, and I'll even take some of the more "popular" TT weight acceptable combo's into consideration. If it helps any, Earth and metal faces are in high demand out there it seems, my girlfriend grabbed the last one within three area's just yesterday for me. On that note, I also have two Storm Capricorns now :3
(Dec. 10, 2009  6:50 AM)Aqua Wrote: haha I mentioned the same thing a few pages back.

It's one of my favourite parts as well. A MC bottom would definately make MFB gameplay more interesting.

Would it really?

Everyone will stick Libra / Virgo / Earth on it anyway.

I find what Hiro said pretty interesting regarding the situation in Japan. MF Earth CH145D does sound very promising actually.

However, I can see anything with sufficient Smash on any sort of Attack Bottom would make extremely short work of it as well. Heck, even Libra 100F might do it.

Which brings us back to the same problem ...

Edit : Personally I feel the entire problem lies with the huge proportion of weight the Metal Wheel makes up of the Beyblade, hence dictating perhaps too much of its attributes.
the should make more wheels in the same weight range as libra that way its more balenced again and possible more controlable attack bottoms and a better attack stadium would real make a diffrence and help make the game better
FS already functions the same as Metal Change, to be honest.
(Dec. 10, 2009  9:53 AM)♥ Wrote: Would it really?

I was being a bit biased lol

I agree with what you guys are saying though. TT really needs to make some changes to improve the MFB gameplay.
(Dec. 10, 2009  9:04 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: I'm sure Brad already knows I share the same sentiments for the MFB competitive field.

One thing I'm not 100% on is if we should have a weight limit as well.

RF has a serious self KO flaw, it's the only thing that sort of alleviates Libra's advantage over the field. I have recently been playing around with TT's weight limit and I understand why I'm seeing F's, WF, and HF attack combo's over RF on Japanese Blader blogs. I'm, finally understanding why MF Earth CH145D is a popular combo there as well. It seems RF just doesn't work for Japanese Bladers, from the poor translators I've managed, they noticed the same thing. RF is unstable; too unstable.

With the weight limit TT set out, all of those attack bottoms become viable. At the same time, the weight limit severely lowers the parts available to Libra, reducing it's overall effectiveness substantially.

Yes, TT needs to set out and get over their established weight limit and break past their Libra scare, produce parts we know they can produce, and shake up their meta game even more. I think their issue was the initial shock from Libra's dominance, they found a quick solution, made Tournaments much more luck based, and stuck with it.

I agree a lot with what Hiro said. Banning or restricting something is something you see in TCGs all the time. When a company develops a set of cards (after the hours of internal playtesting) there may be a card or two that they oversee being used in coordination with certain other cards to make it "broken" or "break the metagame." Even then, they wait a bit to take corrective action to make sure corrective action needs to be made since the game could rebalance itself in the face of this new "broken" threat.

That said taking corrective action for the sake of the game isn't bad imo. Yes TT needs to look beyond Libra's weight and make more parts in Libra's weight class as Brad said, but restricting it's usefulness for the sake of the game. I've seen first hand what happens when a game refuses to restrict or ban a certain card that is for certain breaking the metagame. In Duel Masters there was one card released in the English reiteration (which was banned in Japan) named Bombazar, Dragon of Destiny. WotC felt that since they did away with Japan's 40 card deck restriction they it would fix the Bombazar problem, but it didn't. The game was reduced to the same Rock-Paper-Scissors scenario we currently have in MFB, and interest dwindled. WotC did nothing about it and interest fell to the point where the English game was discontinued.

I tried to keep that short (if you want a longer explanation on Bombazar and DM, PM me), but what I'm saying is I can understand TT's desire to restrict the use of Libra all the way down to "No Metal Face + Libra" because if they didn't, they might find themselves in the same situation we find ourselves in here with Libra dominance and the Rock-Paper-Scissors battle. It's pretty clear interest is dwindling, but is it all due to TT not releasing new parts (partly, yes; but not entirely), or is it more we are "forcing" disinterest on ourselves?
(Dec. 10, 2009  9:53 AM)♥ Wrote: Would it really?

I find what Hiro said pretty interesting regarding the situation in Japan. MF Earth CH145D does sound very promising actually.

However, I can see anything with sufficient Smash on any sort of Attack Bottom would make extremely short work of it as well. Heck, even Libra 100F might do it.

Which brings us back to the same problem ...

Edit : Personally I feel the entire problem lies with the huge proportion of weight the Metal Wheel makes up of the Beyblade, hence dictating perhaps too much of its attributes.

Well, the fact that when Takara-Tomy made Libra, the gameplay is already unbalanced.

Maybe Takara-Tomy made the weight limit so RF won't be used so much. (hypothesis)

The other thing is the metal faces. TT made them was to obviously counter Libra's weight so that the gameplay that's regarding to the weight limit can be balanced if I were to say. And also to note, C145 is made so Libra's wheel can't dominate when used in attack combos. Thus, MF Libra CH120/145RF (according to http://kyoganken.web.fc2.com/beymf/#reg1) which is:
4.7(MF) + 40.4(Libra) + 2.7(CH120) + 0.8(RF) = 48.6
which is over the limit can't be used. My point is that Takara-Tomy did actually went and test out the parts they are releasing and made rules specifically for combos like MF Libra CH120/145RF. So the rules that TT made already balanced the gameplay, at least to the point where a type can't dominate the other
I honestly think it would be better to just ban Libra than bother with a weight limit. My two cents.