Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Dec. 08, 2009  5:01 AM)Dirge Wrote: haha ive found with attack types in the mfb attack stadium sometimes its alot better to do a straight shoot and it just bouces around and kos my defence combo alot easyer then with a slideing shoot when it just goes over the ridge and self ko's or my it just seems to not go as fast as it should

I noticed this too. The ridge in the Attack Bey Stadium is poorly designed. It's slanted, but it should be straight up (like Tornado Attack). It works more like a ramp than a ridge.
(Nov. 29, 2009  4:29 PM)Tempestas007 Wrote: He said it was spent over the course of a month, so he didn't do it on that one transaction. I'd like to know how they were broken as well because he bought the Draciel and Gaia Dragoon MS from me. I opened up the Driger I got and the launcher and ripcord were fine.

Did you bother to straighten the ripcord? They do come folded up to fit in the box.

lol of course i would straighten my ripcords if they werent snapped in two..

and yer i brought alot of stuff about 6 MFBs a griffolyon (favourite blade) and an attack MFB stadium and a MFB bey launcher three HMS and probbaly some other stuff i can't
remeber of the top of my head

and no i didnt buy my bey off you unless ur name on ebay is tempestas007... omg u Angry
and when i opened the box they were broken
Sorry that happened. The Driger MS I opened up had a fully functional ripcord I so figured all were working. But we already discussed why they could've been like that.

If you want, I have a bunch of white ripcords that came with my order. I can send you some free of charge.
I just saw the picture on Beyblade Renaissance of the broken Earth Wheel. Surprising since Earth looks relatively sturdy.
So, I get my shipment of MFB in next week, hopefully the Wenesday.

2x Quetz <3<3
2x Storm Pegasis
1x Earth Aquila
2x Mad Cancer
1x BB-22 :3
2x Clay Aries :3~
2x Launcher Suspension
2x Angle Compass
4x Beylauncher
3x Light Launcher
2x MFB Attack Stadium

I expect to do a lot of testing once I get them all @@

I'm glad this was all paid for pre-holiday season >>

Ahurr~ Some may end up as Tournament prizes too :3
(Dec. 08, 2009  5:43 AM)Khel Wrote: I just saw the picture on Beyblade Renaissance of the broken Earth Wheel. Surprising since Earth looks relatively sturdy.

http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100088177919

You meant this?

To me, the Earth Wheel inner part is rather thin compared to the others.

(Dec. 08, 2009  6:27 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: So, I get my shipment of MFB in next week, hopefully the Wenesday.

2x Quetz <3<3
2x Storm Pegasis
1x Earth Aquila
2x Mad Cancer
2x Launcher Suspension
2x Angle Compass
4x Beylauncher
3x Light Launcher
2x MFB Attack Stadium

That's some order you've got there
(Dec. 08, 2009  6:27 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: So, I get my shipment of MFB in next week, hopefully the Wenesday.

2x Quetz <3<3
2x Storm Pegasis
1x Earth Aquila
2x Mad Cancer
2x Launcher Suspension
2x Angle Compass
4x Beylauncher
3x Light Launcher
2x MFB Attack Stadium

I think its safe to say, I am officialy the most jealous person on this planet...

You got NOT 1 but 2!!! Quetz!!!! Gasp GaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGasp
Mad Cancer !!! Gasp
Earth and more

and

2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Attack Stadiums!!

Where from YJA?
(Dec. 08, 2009  5:34 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Sorry that happened. The Driger MS I opened up had a fully functional ripcord I so figured all were working. But we already discussed why they could've been like that.

If you want, I have a bunch of white ripcords that came with my order. I can send you some free of charge.

that would be fantastic thanks alot although they probably won't arrive in time for the melbourne tourny nevermind though I'm glad I'll be able to use them at all
can you just send them through the addres you got from ebay or do I need to send the address again?

YAY I MAY FINALLY BE ABLE TO USE MY WOLBORG MS Joyful_2
PM it to me again.
Well, an auction on YJA explains that question I had (in response to this post) of "how the hell does a G-Winder come broken when it's new in box?"
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b106585161
[Image: 1e4bvr.jpg]

Seems it's not too rare an occurrence.
(Dec. 08, 2009  6:49 AM)Ultimat3Blader Wrote: I think its safe to say, I am officialy the most jealous person on this planet...

You got NOT 1 but 2!!! Quetz!!!! Gasp GaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGasp
Mad Cancer !!! Gasp
Earth and more

and

2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Attack Stadiums!!

Where from YJA?

Yeah, built up for sometime, it's just been while before I got around to getting it all shipped.

For one thing, I already have two MFB attack stadiums, one Brad gave me, slightly damaged, and one I had previously but had a wall chewed up by my dog when she was a puppy (still is but whatever).

The Vancouver Bladers need some supplies so I figured I'd save up some extra cash here and there and put it towards an order. The launchers were from Dickson_c on e-bay but should be around the same time regardless.

One Quetz will be on display with my custom paint MFB's, my black Pegasis, and other various MFB's I didn't want to sully via battling :3

I also forgot I had a Lightning L Drago on that list.
(Dec. 08, 2009  5:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I noticed this too. The ridge in the Attack Bey Stadium is poorly designed. It's slanted, but it should be straight up (like Tornado Attack). It works more like a ramp than a ridge.

yeah its realy anouying it makes the slideing shoot not as usefull Uncertain can only hope hasbro change it to be a proper ridge but i wouldnt hold my breath
(Dec. 08, 2009  7:29 AM)Crimson Wrote: Well, an auction on YJA explains that question I had (in response to this post) of "how the hell does a G-Winder come broken when it's new in box?"
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b106585161
[Image: 1e4bvr.jpg]

Seems it's not too rare an occurrence.

This must be due to the age of the plastic. It's too weird for this to be happening now when it never, ever happened before.
IS it only G-Winders?
(Dec. 08, 2009  9:48 PM)firelord767 Wrote: IS it only G-Winders?

Nobody has reported plastic generation winders breaking in their packages yet, so yes. Those winders are much more flexible, so I can't imagine them breaking like the more stiff G-Winders.
(Dec. 08, 2009  2:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This must be due to the age of the plastic. It's too weird for this to be happening now when it never, ever happened before.

I got a broken G-Winder before in my Takara Draciel MS like a year ago. I didn't care though since I have tons of winders.
(Dec. 08, 2009  2:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This must be due to the age of the plastic. It's too weird for this to be happening now when it never, ever happened before.

yeah that picture is almost the exact same break i had only a little lower down
I had never seen or used a G-winder previously but i notice that the halves were so stiff
A BEYREFLECTION

I really hate the Rock-Paper-Scissors game Metal Fight Beyblade has become. The way I see it is:

Quetz 90RF > Earth Aquila DF145SD > MF Libra C145WB etc.

Upon encountering someone with all these parts, your chance of winning are probably about only 33%, and that's only if you also have all three customisations. Not exactly spectacular odds.

But my main issue with this whole simplification is the fact that Beyblade never used to be like this. I guess, Bearing Core dominated at one point, but TBTS was released and the imbalance rectified. Besides, it could be defeated in TA/TB anyway. In the Plastic Generation, we had Tiger Defenser, War Lion, Twin Horn for Zombies and Upper Dragoon, Triangle Wing, Triple Tiger for Upper Attack. I could go on; there were a huge variety of parts to chop and change, as it were, for different or similar purposes.

I think, what I'm trying to say was totally summarised by the Libra situation at the moment:

Bey Brad Wrote:What makes Beyblade fun is having to pick which attributes are most important to you. Do you want a Wheel with extreme defense and high stamina, or high defense and extreme stamina ...

Currently, Libra has extreme defense and high stamina, but there are no other defensive options. Virgo and Flame have extreme stamina but their defense is too poor to be viable at all. And it's not like it's hard to make a new Wheel that's stronger than Virgo, but they're refusing to go into that weight class again.

For Defense, it is Libra or nothing. The way MFB is designed places such a huge amount of reliance on the Metal Wheel; putting Libra on almost any Track or Bottom will make it superior to an equivalent with another Wheel, more often than not.

To solve the above problem of Attack > Stamina > Defense, or Scissors > Paper > Rock, it is necessary to devise a customisation which transcends such typings, and can overcome them all = a "tier-killer", as Brad terms it. Libra CH120RF is one such customisation. However, in the process to create more successful "Balance" types, a huge number of parts become obsolete due to Libra's weight. Anything other than Libra will be demolished by Quetz or Storm with RF - and therein lies the real problem.

In this way, MFB has become totally stale for me, even with my MOJ order coming soon. The more I think about it, I'm only interested in my package for the pretty new Clear Wheels and clear parts. Which is upsetting in many ways. I feel there's no originality; the only thing remotely interesting in a long time is M145Q, which admittedly I am interested in testing.

And that's why Battle Strikers is a concept which really appeals to me. Granted, I've never even seen one in the flesh, let alone played with one, but the premise already has me waving the cash for whenever Metal XS comes out; the idea of being able to actively affect the outcome of a match, and hence actually being able to hone your skills, and improve ones chances of winning, is a real draw. Customisation is a bonus on top of that.

---

Has anyone else noticed how brilliantly

ATTACK > STAMINA > DEFENSE

corresponds perfectly with

SCISSORS > PAPER > ROCK ?!

---

tl;dr i hate everything about metal fight beyblade except for pretty clear wheels
Great post, Heart. I think you said a lot of what is on people's minds but they may not necessarily want to admit. I have a bunch of new Bey coming and to be honest I'm not really excited about it and will probably flip a lot of it on here. The game has really come down entirely to type-countering and considering most players with any advanced skill wait for the other to choose, thus initiating Stalling Clause, it really comes down to luck of the draw when you pick your combo. That's why CH120RF combos are popular, but even then, it's only viable in the Attack Bey Stadium and EVEN THEN the poor design of the ridge leaves a lot of it to luck because self KO is so, so easy. I never wanted to use RF again after watching it self-KO repeatedly in a tournament. The situation is even worse in every other stadium; only Stamina need apply.
I had actually just started playing again a couple of days ago, and have been using parts that haven't seen playtime in quite a while, and in all honesty I am having fun.

I do feel that they are not pushing competitive parts as heavily as they did in the plastic series but I don't want to rule out the series yet. The plethora of plastic parts that we have to choose from came from a development period of almost 5 years. Take HMS for example only out for a short period of time, it's competitive combo list is still relatively small (albeit better balanced).

As for the Libra domination TT did take some form of action as per the weight limit, we just haven't applied it so far and I think that might be only furthering Libra's dominance in the defense field. Hopefully some of the newer metal encompassing tracks will help compensate this.

I do agree that it doesn't discount the fact that we need more innovation in the attack and defense wheel category. A new competitive dish as well as an improved beylauncher are things they also need to address. Call me naive, but I still will wait for a while longer to see where they take this. Hopefully they have some actions in place for the near future that remedy this.
I think TT needs to stop being scared to make more Wheels in Libra's weight class. And remove the stupid weight limit. And a new, "standard" stadium.
Well, I guess since everyone is writing alot, I will say my input on this series:

I started MFB well, around when the HWS came out. I have a HUGE collection of MFB. I bought alot thinking that the amount of customizations, tactics, and skill set were going to be tremendous.

But TT has for some reason, only been releasing like 1 new part, at most 2 new parts during new releases.
Which IMO is very cheasy.

I think the reason why we are so frustrated with this could-be awesome series is the fact that TT releases a little amount of parts, which limits our collections, combos, and skills.

I think TT should make the following changes:

1) Release a whole-lot newer parts, but in a way that they correspond with each other, but not in one package.
EX. Release Storm Peg. 100F then release Killer Gemios D125RF

Like if you combine storm 100 and rf you get top tier, but its kinda like a puzzle. It will be interestingly fun by doing trial and error. But the plus side for TT is that if people figure out that they are using this "tactic"
then if they release the combo potential beys at the same time then more people will buy in bulks, so they can test the parts out.

2) Release NEW PARTS MORE OFTEN!!!!!

9 out of 10 beybladers would perfer more of a vast selection of parts, and since the HWS series has 5 parts, 3 of which matter. I think that TT should release newer parts more often. Not only does that make the series more interesting, skillful, and fun it also make it more competitive, and more competitive means 10 out of 10 bladers are happy. But the trick to this is that the newer parts don't always neccesarily have to be GREAT with like 5 or 6 different bottoms/wheels/tracks such as DF145 or like D125 or CH120
They can be unique and only have only ONE true combination to make it successful such as M145Q(needs MORE testing lol =])(M145Q's release brought me back into blading)
This would make ALL of us happy, you make your money, we enjoy more. (you scratch my back, I scratch yours)

I gaurentee you that 10 out of 10 people will agree 95%+ with me.
wow that's a lot of made up stats
Yea most numbers are estimations, but you know its true..
(Dec. 10, 2009  3:45 AM)Ultimat3Blader Wrote: Yea most numbers are estimations, but you know its true..

Seriously, it just looks ridiculous when you make up all those stats.

It's unrealistic to expect 100% new parts in every release, it is too expensive and time-consuming to make new parts, and how many shapes of tips can there possibly be? I'd be happy if they stopped re-using Metal Wheels constantly.