Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Nov. 09, 2009  10:39 PM)Kei Wrote: If we're talking MFB, Libra CH120RF (Balance), obviously. It's win rate speaks for itself.

Just a question, wouldn't that lean more towards an attack type, merely because of the tip. I realize that type depends on the movement of the bey, the weight, and what effect it makes on other beyblades that touch it. I would think that it's movement would carry it more into the attack catagory. I guess because of the CH, it is a very unique blade. I'd love to get all the parts to have one.Cute
Yes, it moves around like an Attack type, but it can adapt to different situations to defeat all three types, so it is Balance.
(Nov. 09, 2009  10:39 PM)♥ Wrote: Yes, pretty much; how can you call something "pathetic" without having a true understanding of it? I have seen it defeat Libra-based combos in every video I've watched ...

Not sure how it's "pretty much accepted that the tip is horrible" either, seeing as no one has tested it extensively on this forum.

I agree.
(Nov. 09, 2009  10:41 PM)firelord767 Wrote: yeah, but a kid of the young target age would put a blade together becouse it "looks neat", not becouse it manages to use the power of sagittarios wheel with an RF and Metal Face to avoid recoil.

The "looks awesome" factor, was definatly the major thing when I was in elementry school with the originals. I was all about Draciel, and I had friends who were loyal to Driger, Danzer, Or dragoon and whatnot.
A metal tip would be a good idea because it will resist ware better, they should think about
it. You know?
(Nov. 09, 2009  10:02 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Short version:
If you could pick one of the 3 types (what the heck, lets include balance) mhich type you feel gives you the best chance in any given tournament?

Stamina. RF is not reliable enough due to the Stadium designs.

(Nov. 09, 2009  10:18 PM)flamedramon Wrote: Has there ever been a time were tt thought about the producs they make? cause some blades seam half-assed espesialy because of the fact that they have turniments and some blades even unmodified serpas legale requierments accidentally.

It's impossible for every top to be great. Some of them are simply designed for fun (e.g. Q)

(Nov. 09, 2009  10:34 PM)firelord767 Wrote: The target age is less likely to battle with a custamazation with recoil-reduction factored in and a perfect smash attack ready.

When we get a new blade, we DO, at least subcoincsesly, think of it as a blade, no?

(Nov. 09, 2009  10:41 PM)firelord767 Wrote: yeah, but a kid of the young target age would put a blade together becouse it "looks neat", not becouse it manages to use the power of sagittarios wheel with an RF and Metal Face to avoid recoil.

Customization is actively promoted. I have the CoroCoro Blader Book and there are pages and pages about customization in it. There are customizations on the back of the Beyblade boxes. Pretty much every tournament combo I've seen is a customization. So yes, kids do think about customization.
(Nov. 10, 2009  6:24 PM)flamedramon Wrote: A metal tip would be a good idea because it will resist ware better, they should think about
it. You know?

You mean like Metal Ball and Metal Sharp?
Quote:Customization is actively promoted. I have the CoroCoro Blader Book and there are pages and pages about customization in it. There are customizations on the back of the Beyblade boxes. Pretty much every tournament combo I've seen is a customization. So yes, kids do think about customization.
Quote:The "looks awesome" factor, was definatly the major thing when I was in elementry school with the originals. I was all about Draciel, and I had friends who were loyal to Driger, Danzer, Or dragoon and whatnot.
They would find a way to do both. They always do.
(Nov. 10, 2009  7:09 PM)firelord767 Wrote: They would find a way to do both. They always do.

Hasbro never promoted customization.
[Image: EarthFlame.jpg]

It might sound obvious, but the potential area for Earth to be contacted with is far greater than Flame; it's nearly twice as large in some sections. Obviously, with each contact, spin time is reduced, and theoretically therefore, a smaller area is surely better?

[Image: EarthFlame2-1.jpg]

That being said, Earth on the whole maintains its round shape more consistently; the gaps in its circumference are far smaller than Flame's.

... Just taking a closer look at the two Wheels, halfway through some testing.
(Nov. 10, 2009  7:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hasbro never promoted customization.

didn't you just say otherwise? There are customazations on the back ECT.? I'm not saying ottherwise, i'm saying that despite this, the "looks cool" factor > strong blade in the mind of an 8 year old.
(Nov. 10, 2009  7:22 PM)firelord767 Wrote: didn't you just say otherwise? There are customazations on the back ECT.? I'm not saying ottherwise, i'm saying that despite this, the "looks cool" factor > strong blade in the mind of an 8 year old.

I was obviously talking about Takara-Tomy, considering I mentioned the CoroCoro book.
(Nov. 10, 2009  7:17 PM)♥ Wrote: [Image: EarthFlame.jpg]

It might sound obvious, but the potential area for Earth to be contacted with is far greater than Flame; it's nearly twice as large in some sections. Obviously, with each contact, spin time is reduced, and theoretically therefore, a smaller area is surely better?

Heart, when two Beyblades hit each other, the same surface area is being hit on both.
Knew I didn't word it too well; I mean, the potential area to be hit. i.e., if you had an extremely thick Wheel, it would be very easily hit, but conversely a very thin one would not be hit very often.

The image is perhaps misleading, because the Wheels should ideally be against the same opposing Wheel to demonstrate this.
You mean like Metal Ball and Metal Sharp?
[/quote]

well yes, you know what I mean, less ware less worry about having to replace parts
(Nov. 10, 2009  6:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Stamina. RF is not reliable enough due to the Stadium designs.

Ah, I would have to agree with this. But wouldn't Balance be the best choice if the Attack Stadium was being used?
(Nov. 10, 2009  9:39 PM)flamedramon Wrote: well yes, you know what I mean, less ware less worry about having to replace parts

Metal Ball and Metal Sharp are coming out.

(Nov. 10, 2009  9:53 PM)Kei Wrote: Ah, I would have to agree with this. But wouldn't Balance be the best choice if the Attack Stadium was being used?

Libra CH120RF constantly self-KOed itself so I don't trust it.
Stamina seemed like the best choice during that day honestly.

At least, if you're refering to the Vancouver tournament last August RF's just sucked all day long basically, for everyone who used them. Libra CH120RF in my own tests seemed to ring out more than Storm 100RF though, I think some of it was the type of movement the extra weight on the RF created. Definitely different, some of that is probably the key.

Currently I'm of the opinion MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF is the way to go, I've been having really good results with it, and seeing the same type of movement as Storm 100RF.
Look at THIS at 1:58!!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/beybladechan...B3Os4UFl-A
Do you admins have some sorta budget? If you do, that's a BIG budget!!!!
LOL, thats a LOT
(Nov. 11, 2009  5:58 PM)SonicManEXE Wrote: Look at THIS at 1:58!!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/beybladechan...B3Os4UFl-A
Do you admins have some sorta budget? If you do, that's a BIG budget!!!!

Obviously we do, it all depends on how much money we receive from donations ... but I believe Brad spent a lot of his own money for prizes and re-sold them. That's what we did at BWR, at least.
I'd like to donate, but that's illegal Unhappy. I'll try again in 7 years Tired.
LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!

http://plamoya.com/en/beyblades-metal-fi...17932.html

208.64 USD!!!!!!!!
Some of that was a combination of WBO stuff and Brad's own collection I think. Prizes are given out based on donations which essentially go into running the WBO site and prize/give away purchases for the community. Some members purchase stuff to give out on their own accord as well, Brad has sunk a whole lot of time and effort into the WBO for both upkeep and member prizes/enjoyment.

It isn't actually too difficult to build up your own part assortment with MFB I've found, having only started collecting it this past June 09. Of course I work and have my own income which helps stimulate this, and as always it isn't about how much/many parts you have, it's how much fun you have with them. In reality you only need a few combo's to get a lot of enjoyment out of MFB. Some members carry out extensive testing on parts and combination's (like myself :o) and tend to actually need collections of that size lol.

Wow, that's a lot. Thank god I picked mine up when it was roughly $60 USD Uncertain
(Nov. 11, 2009  11:39 PM)SonicManEXE Wrote: I'd like to donate, but that's illegal Unhappy. I'll try again in 7 years Tired.
LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!

http://plamoya.com/en/beyblades-metal-fi...17932.html

208.64 USD!!!!!!!!

wow thats heaps i just orderd one for 59US Confused i only want the staduim tho
I just got my Storm Cap in the mail. Any combos needing to be tested?
I'd love to hear how Metal Face Libra M145Q works.
Since I'd like to think it's just so heavy that it bodyslams everything out of the stadium.

And since it's a combo I'd probably try out, Escolpio 90Q Cool
Agreed, though I actually want to see how M145 performs alone, sans Q. M145 might be really interesting on balance bottoms like FS.

Also, maybe a general report on how M145 functions to clear up a few assumptions here :o
(Nov. 12, 2009  11:53 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Agreed, though I actually want to see how M145 performs alone, sans Q. M145 might be really interesting on balance bottoms like FS.

Also, maybe a general report on how M145 functions to clear up a few assumptions here :o
Well it turns out that M145 is what causes the actual bouncing. I tried Libra M145B and it bounced upon launch.

I also used Libra ED145Q, and Q didn't function MUCH differently than F for me. It was a little more wild, but it basically did the same thing. It's very hard to get this bottom to flower for an extended period, regardless of how you shoot it.