Beyblade Random Thoughts

screw the haters!!! Beyblade 4 life

(Aug. 31, 2009  1:31 AM)Khel Wrote: I guess I wasn't really ever expecting too many new ideas. I always had a gut feeling there would be recycled concepts from previous series. So I guess that's why I have maintained my interest

The plastic parts don't bother me. I guess what irks me a bit is the re-use of HWS metal wheels and the beylauncher durability.

But seriously, this is basically what I think. I knew that concepts would be recycled, but what makes it fun is that the system itself was different, so new strategies would have to be formed. It gave us something new to experiment with. Even if concepts were re-hashed along the way, they still felt fresh because it was a new system.

That being said, the constant re-hashing of HWS Metal Wheels, and parts in general is the most concerning thing. The HWS system itself was a bad idea though (at least, how it was implented), and reasons for that have already been outlined elsewhere.
Where TT limited itself was introducing 'elements' to name their Metal Wheels. There are but so many elements, which automatically restricts what can be produced. On top of that, they introduced Light Wheels which aren't at all playable and only useful for whatever part is desirable at the time.

Maybe if a new naming system was in place for HWS, all of this wouldn't be going on. Either that, or go back to non-HWS.
Waiting for the next system... Confused

HWS really was a step in the wrong direction for MFB.
(Aug. 31, 2009  4:27 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Where TT limited itself was introducing 'elements' to name their Metal Wheels. There are but so many elements, which automatically restricts what can be produced. On top of that, they introduced Light Wheels which aren't at all playable and only useful for whatever part is desirable at the time.

Maybe if a new naming system was in place for HWS, all of this wouldn't be going on. Either that, or go back to non-HWS.

aha if you think that's the problem tht's pretty naive. they made the Clear Wheels have the "character names" so they could reuse metal wheels ad nauseum,
(Aug. 31, 2009  4:15 AM)Kei Wrote: screw the haters!!! Beyblade 4 life!

^^ Qft.

As Bladers, everyone wants HWS blades. When you order too much or get them too early, that hype disappears.
My fire of hype is still burning because I haven't received any of my HWS blades yet. xD
I love my manga MFBs, which is good I suppose, since everyone's jumped on the global bey-boring train at the moment. Grin

Patience,people. If I learned only one thing from being back to Blading is to be uber patient.
(Aug. 31, 2009  5:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: aha if you think that's the problem tht's pretty naive. they made the Clear Wheels have the "character names" so they could reuse metal wheels ad nauseum,

Mhm, I'm aware. I was just saying that the advent of using elements to name the Metal Wheels kind of gives them excuse to reuse because there are but so many elements (Flame, Earth, Lightning, etc), so it's natural you will run out of names. So they need to reuse those, and as you said, they just slap on the Clear Wheel and perceive it as a whole new Blade. I guess you could say TT was being lazy.
If we wait it out, the new system should be coming at the end of this year, and like Asterisk I don't believe it has spun out yet. (pun very much intended) Anyway, as long as the target audience keeps buying, TT will keep on making it.
ive only got one HWS so i dont realy know how much wheels have been the same but from pictures alot are the same but then again they did that in plastics with spin dragoon bistool and spark knight from what i rember alot of them were the same beys but diffrent colours id say just wait a little long and theyll probley come up with heaps of new stuff well i hope
(Aug. 31, 2009  12:06 PM)Giga Wrote: If we wait it out, the new system should be coming at the end of this year, and like Asterisk I don't believe it has spun out yet. (pun very much intended) Anyway, as long as the target audience keeps buying, TT will keep on making it.

I've seen every release through December. This isn't happening.

Could happen in January but I doubt it.
So the first piece of my MOJ order came in:

1x Hybrid Wheel Match Set (Attack Stadium, yay!)
1x Clay Aries ED145B
1x Lightning L-Drago (Will most likely sell it)
1x Plastic Lot
1x Uriel 1

Pretty happy :]
Hmm... nice pick up :3

I don't know about selling Lightning L Drago. My testing for it has been really really promising. I've got a comprehensive write up coming along too, it's probably one of the most experimentation intensive attackers around.

So many things affect it's performance, Brad's MF LL Drago CH120RF combo is just the tip of the iceberg, D125 actually works with LL Drago ._.
I can't believe I applied oil in the MFB attack beystadium...

Now all beyblades other than attackers just slip into the center...
(Sep. 01, 2009  1:25 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Hmm... nice pick up :3

I don't know about selling Lightning L Drago. My testing for it has been really really promising. I've got a comprehensive write up coming along too, it's probably one of the most experimentation intensive attackers around.

So many things affect it's performance, Brad's MF LL Drago CH120RF combo is just the tip of the iceberg, D125 actually works with LL Drago ._.

I already got 1, I kind of impulsively bought the 2nd one. I guess I could keep it for the 2nd Left Beylauncher. If someone desperately wanted it though...

Lightning L-Drago D125RF??? O.o

(Sep. 01, 2009  1:32 AM)FelGrand Wrote: I can't believe I applied oil in the MFB attack beystadium...

Haha, yea, not the best idea.
ive been messing around with L L drago if been battleing it against qutez and alot of the time its double knockouts i thought L L drago was ment to be carp
(Sep. 01, 2009  1:32 AM)FelGrand Wrote: I can't believe I applied oil in the MFB attack beystadium...

lol

nice.
So recently I was bored. So i tried something out, and it worked pretty well.
PRF. Pencil Rubber Flat. Basically a bit of pencil eraser stuck onto an F bottom. Illegal, but fun if you don't own an RF. Just working out some bugs with it. Trying to find a way to get it to adhere to the F better, but can still be removable [I need the f bottom]

Yeah, I'm poor. But it's pretty fun. =3

edit:

Felgrand, WHY? D:

seriously, why'd you do it? i think soap works well in removing oil.
(Sep. 01, 2009  2:58 AM)heero yuy Wrote: ive been messing around with L L drago if been battleing it against qutez and alot of the time its double knockouts i thought L L drago was ment to be carp

We never said it was meant to be carp, it's a pretty decent attack wheel. Just not quite up there with Storm and Quetz.
it been battleing it against quetz its been pretty even
it could just be my staduim but i think its pretty underrated and could probley be used in alot of top tier attack combos
Attack Type vs Attack Type is not the way to test an Attack Combo's effectiveness.

Currently, the only really efficient way to measure it is vs a top-tier Stamina type then a top-tier Defense type.
(Sep. 01, 2009  6:02 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Attack Type vs Attack Type is not the way to test an Attack Combo's effectiveness.

Currently, the only really efficient way to measure it is vs a top-tier Stamina type then a top-tier Defense type.

awk i only have attack types anyway my prefferd way of playing i guess ill just buy a libra or something to test against
(Sep. 01, 2009  3:02 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: Felgrand, WHY? D:

seriously, why'd you do it? i think soap works well in removing oil.

I was just trying to experiment if it would increase the solo spin for all bey's, turns out that beyblade with SF, F, HF, HF/S, RF benefit most (for stamina) and does not lose so much of it's attack. The D bottom also does not move as much as when it's spin it's weak with no oil.
The D bottom does pretty fine on its own.
Yea...but for D bottom, there's little to no effect in terms of statics using the oil
From my preliminary testing of ED145, like 10-15 minutes of playing, I say it's pretty decent. I was using MFLibraED145B as my defensive combo. The free spinning feature definitely makes it better than WD145 (from what I've heard about WD), because it did a nice job of absorbing hits from Quetz90RF. I could hear ED145 free spin when Quetz hit the track, but Libra didn't slow down all that much thanks to the handy feature.

It does display some odd recoil from time to time. Sometimes Quetz would double KO with it, and sometimes Quetz would just suddenly hit it out of the stadium pretty unexpectedly.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it. Most of the time it would take a solid hit from Quetz, but most of it would be dissipated through the track, and allow Libra to rebound as opposed to flying out of the stadium.

I'll give it a more thorough test in the near future/this weekend.
I think more testing needs to be done with ED145, It's a real shame that a lot of people have already dismissed the part, even though they don't have it themselves.
Hopefully I'll get it in one of the RBVL3's I ordered, and I'll be able to test it myself.