Beyblade Random Thoughts

I dislike posting twice in a row, but I can evaluate that a significant amount of members have seen my previous post already, so simply editing it with the following would not be efficient.

Miingno did his best to scan the sticker sheet, since it was 'shiny' :
http://i27.tinypic.com/16c5pic.jpg
omg want metallic aries and metallic quetz
I really am losing interest in Beyblade.
I don't know if it's just a lack of new parts to play with, or if I am just getting too old to really appreciate it anymore, I dunno really.
Kinda saddens me a bit, but I guess that it was inevitable after a certain amount of time.
I guess there's only a certain amount of hold that a game can have on you.
The era of Global Bey-Quit has arrived.

And I did not like it.
(Aug. 30, 2009  7:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: omg want metallic aries and metallic quetz

ditto
I'm losing interest as well, but it's because TT isn't releasing anything worth being interested in.
Sadly, I'm starting to lose interest too. Probably because of my lack of MFBs and a Beystadium.

Q.Q the Bey-Pocalypse has arrived.
well, it doesn't help i'm working on another toyline either lmao
(Aug. 30, 2009  10:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm losing interest as well, but it's because TT isn't releasing anything worth being interested in.
They really seem to be going the wrong way with beyblade, which is a real disappointment.
I was kind of hoping that the introduction of the HWS system would add more variety in the way that the 5 layer system did with the plastic series.
The plastic wheel really should have more of an effect on the blade, as apposed to taking away from creativity by giving a smaller metal area of metal to be creative with (which many said from the beginning, and none of us really took too much interest in due to being amazed by anything new and bey related).
The novelty however has worn off, and now we're just left with a mass of useless clone wheels.
Unless things change by the end of the year, then I really am over this game.
Reading posts like ^ makes me question myself T_T
eeeek.
(Aug. 31, 2009  12:47 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: They really seem to be going the wrong way with beyblade, which is a real disappointment.
I was kind of hoping that the introduction of the HWS system would add more variety in the way that the 5 layer system did with the plastic series.
The plastic wheel really should have more of an effect on the blade, as apposed to taking away from creativity by giving a smaller metal area of metal to be creative with (which many said from the beginning, and none of us really took too much interest in due to being amazed by anything new and bey related).
The novelty however has worn off, and now we're just left with a mass of useless clone wheels.
Unless things change by the end of the year, then I really am over this game.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. What are we supposed to be excited about, exactly? Hurray, a BeyLauncher Suspension that fixes a design flaw that should be corrected for free. Flame Libra and Storm Capricorne and Rock Orso ... old Metal Wheels. New Pisces and Gemios look eh. Aquila looks boring and I doubt it will overtake Libra. I wonder what the designers are thinking.
X_X thats most upsetting, one person leaves, and it seems like we're falling apart.
(Aug. 31, 2009  12:54 AM)JB Stardust770 Wrote: X_X thats most upsetting, one person leaves, and it seems like we're falling apart.

I think this unrest has been brewing ever since the announcement of Dark Bull and then Flame Libra.
You guys are shucking my jive
I'm amazed you have any jive left quite frankly. I'm sorry, I just can't get excited by old ideas like free spinning bottoms, rubber flats, and duplicated wheels, we've seen it all before.
The last thing that I was genuinely impressed by was C145, and even that wasn't particularly original.
Mehh, I agree. These new blades are getting pretty boring. They really need some new Wheel ideas. They all look the same. Tired I'll still be sticking around, though. EDIT: I like the tracks and bottoms still....
I hope to god we're just going through a parts slump....
why is everyone bringing the game down=( it ruins the mood for others.
(Aug. 31, 2009  1:13 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: I'm amazed you have any jive left quite frankly. I'm sorry, I just can't get excited by old ideas like free spinning bottoms, rubber flats, and duplicated wheels, we've seen it all before.
The last thing that I was genuinely impressed by was C145, and even that wasn't particularly original.
They are making those parts again because this is for a new generation and that previous parts are not compatible with this new series, no ? Is this what you meant ? Of course, hopefully they will invent other types of parts, but I suppose a kid new to Metal Fight Beyblade likes those ideas, slightly ...

The issue with Metal Wheels is real though.
I think a few of us here have just been around for too long.
We've seen series come and go, and the current target audience wouldn't have much (if any) previous knowledge of parts from the plastic generation, so to them each idea is new and original.
And yes, those parts aren't compatible with the current generation, but they shouldn't just be re-hashing old ideas, they should be creating new gimmicks for defense, attack, stamina, instead of relying on the ignorance of it's audience.
As you've just said though, the wheel problem is definitely the standout issue.
I guess I wasn't really ever expecting too many new ideas. I always had a gut feeling there would be recycled concepts from previous series. So I guess that's why I have maintained my interest

The plastic parts don't bother me. I guess what irks me a bit is the re-use of HWS metal wheels and the beylauncher durability.
(Aug. 31, 2009  1:31 AM)Khel Wrote: I guess I wasn't really ever expecting too many new ideas. I always had a gut feeling there would be recycled concepts from previous series. So I guess that's why I have maintained my interest

The plastic parts don't bother me. I guess what irks me a bit is the re-use of HWS metal wheels and the beylauncher durability.

This, though since I can't use the Beylauncher anyway, only the wheels really annoy me.
The only thing I would like to really see is the plastic beyblades brought back in in metal form Smile.
Everything just said is pretty much evident in my latest MOJ bids. Instead of looking for MFB to buy, I've been ransacking YJA for plastic lots and HMS beyblades mainly because there is currently nothing I want from MFB (If I did want it, it's already bid on and won. I.e. Clay Aries).

I previously left the game when HMS first came, before CWDs were introduced and now looking back at them, they are really more interesting and intriguing than MFB at the moment. I seriously had to dissuade myself from buying a lot that had 3 of the prize blades in a random booster (Green Wyvern DJ, Sea Dragon, things like that) to get something else, because I was really drawn in by them.

Hopefully things turn around, or I'll find myself messing around with the butt load of plastics and HMS blade I just got my hands on.
All durability concerns aside, I'm pretty happy with the beylauncher now that I'm used to it.

Also, TBT-S is crumbling away, slowly but surely. Uncle might get some Storm Pegasi imported, as well as an attack stadium, so I can only hope.

The repetitive metal wheel really annoys me though. Cmon TT, you're better than this. Maybe their trying to justify it by thinking it's similar to weight disk distribution in the plastic era, but I honestly don't know what to say.

I refuse to believe that beyblade has run its course already though.