Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 23, 2009  12:52 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Kai-V, is there any way at all that I could enter my design for the CoroCoro competition?
If there was a way for you to mail it to CoroCoro somehow, then that might work. All I seem to see on the picture is a telephone number, but once I get better scans I will look more into it.
Thanks Kai-V.
Was only asking, since I feel that those parts would be a lot more valuable than an instantly breakable part shaped like an insect.
Ahaha, Round Shell MS-esque ...

I really like the concept there Flight.

Despite the poor practicality, I really like the design of the Stag Beetle.
I always wondered how a Light Wheel Beyblade would do against Old school plastic. I guess it would weigh less due to lack of metal, but I guess it would be mildly interesting.
plastic spanks the light wheel. I have tried this.
That doesn't really surprise me. I figured the lack of weight would be the deciding factor.
Try it without the Weight Disk? I suppose that would be its equivalent.
Even then the first plastic I grabbed (BK without SP and weight disk) still spanked the light wheel
(Aug. 23, 2009  2:55 AM)♥ Wrote: Try it without the Weight Disk? I suppose that would be its equivalent.

Even then, many plastic ARs+BBs alone have more weight than a Light Wheel beyblade, and that's not including the SG.
Will bid on Cool's GT Blades but whoosh.

I guess Dragoon GT is overly-popular these days. -.-'
Well, if I dont go all impulsive, I'll try to get Dranzer GT and Zeus.
Decisions,decisions. Grin
(Aug. 23, 2009  5:19 AM)Hyuuga Neji Wrote: Even then, many plastic ARs+BBs alone have more weight than a Light Wheel beyblade, and that's not including the SG.

Put Metal Face on the light wheels and use a heavy track, might see different results.
Flight if thatr were a beyblade it would be my favorite hands down. The only part I dont like it the track I'd consider replacing it with plastic...but that might seem boring to some of you.
(Aug. 23, 2009  4:23 PM)Giga Wrote: Put Metal Face on the light wheels and use a heavy track, might see different results.

Now i need a metal face. Need.
(Aug. 23, 2009  4:23 PM)Giga Wrote: Put Metal Face on the light wheels and use a heavy track, might see different results.

Prior to the invention of BeySoccer yesterday, we were playing with lightwheels. I don't own any amazingly, so it was my first time seeing them, but just from watching them fly around, good god.

A metal face adds 3g's, a lightwheel combo on a 145 track of any sort with a metal face barely makes 10g's.

It'll still get thrown around.
Beysoccer? XD!, this should be good
... Well, it was fun, when I get to it I'll write up about it, it was really neat in a way. Brad, G and myself took far too much enjoyment in our end of day deadness.

... Brad beat us at it too.

However, it is a "format" that allows for H145 to be good Smile
Oh god, no it isn't.

It's pretty though, I'll never use one in a tournament ever ever ever again.
(Aug. 24, 2009  10:35 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Oh god, no it isn't.

It's pretty though, I'll never use one in a tournament ever ever ever again.

Of the two matches I lost in HPT Mint RF was the cause of one.

DAMN YOU
(Aug. 23, 2009  9:32 PM)Jsc Wrote: Flight if thatr were a beyblade it would be my favorite hands down. The only part I dont like it the track I'd consider replacing it with plastic...but that might seem boring to some of you.
That'd just be a wider D125, which wouldn't be particularly useful.
Kai-V, did you manage to get any better scans of the competition details?
Ginga's Father is actually Aizen from Bleach.. o.O

W00t!? (their seiyu is the same dude)
(Aug. 27, 2009  4:39 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Kai-V, did you manage to get any better scans of the competition details?
Not yet. If I can, I will try to get some mailing address to CoroCoro, but that is all I could do. The only information they seem to be giving is some telelphone number in Japan ...
I was just being silly with my storm pegasis and a wok lid and I found that if you urge the stadim left ways in a roundwards motion (imagine your swinging a string, not using your whole arm to swing just your hands and look at the motion your hands are making, they're not really moving just wobbling) that kind of motion starting going left and bringing it round to right and back around again it keeps the bey spining "forever" and gives it alot of spin velocity.

You can start of with a really weak launch and start spinning the dish and in no time it'll be at full power.
The thing I used resembled mostly a balance or stamina stadium maybe it could work on attack but I don't know. Mainly it needs an attack slope for you to swing the bey round on.
You may already know this but im saying just incase Wink.
It's pretty cool try it. Smile
(Aug. 27, 2009  11:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Not yet. If I can, I will try to get some mailing address to CoroCoro, but that is all I could do. The only information they seem to be giving is some telelphone number in Japan ...
Thanks for looking in to it, much appreciated.
Odd that all they're giving out is a telephone number :s
(Aug. 29, 2009  12:59 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Thanks for looking in to it, much appreciated.
Odd that all they're giving out is a telephone number :s
Oh, so apparently that was an actual mailing address, not a telephone number, hah.

In my opinion, if you follow the instructions that are given here as an example, you should be able to send it :
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot....t-now.html
You of course have to change the name of the contest and everything.

If anybody wants to send their design to CoroCoro, while I cannot say "OK, I will take them all and ship them all out to Japan", I can at least help you with some simple Japanese, such as the Katakana for part names.

Is anyone else interested, besides theflightyellz ?

I still have to try translating the whole thing, but they do not seem to even mention "Japan" somewhere.

The deadline is : September 14th 2009. It has to be in CoroCoro's hands before then.