Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 28, 2009  1:21 AM)♥ Wrote: That's what I'm saying; conversely, so many people have heard of Beyblade, hence my synonymous comment.

I'm sure many kids (aprox. 7-10 years old) have not heard of beyblade. And even younger kids who are 5/6 years old right now most likely have not heard of beyblade, will be around 7/8 when MFB is released worldwide. They are the ones who will think that Beyblade is a rip-off of Battle strikers. The 'new generation' of kids will not know about beyblade.

Just saying.
I say, let them think it's a rip-off of Battle Strikers. It means they'll have a bad idea of what Beyblade is and not get them due to this bad image, which leaves more for me to buy. Everyone will be happy. Smile
When older kids see younger kids playing with Battle Strikers, they are going to comment about Beyblade. Beyblade was an incredibly successful toyline and spinning tops still get called Beyblades all the time.

Nonetheless, I'd prefer to keep this topic about Beyblades, not Battle Strikers Wink

I just got my BB-22s and they were shipped in a TT official carton ... I noticed it said BEY CUSTOM SET SUTAMINA AND DEFENCE ... not Reshuffle. I wonder if we've been using the wrong name this whole time?
(Jul. 27, 2009  11:10 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Pepe, it's definitely going to be a test of patience. We've talked about it and we're honestly not sure how we're going to handle it, but hiring moderators for specific forums is likely.

And good, let parents buy the plastics. Leave the MFB for me Grin

Well it will be a good thing I think, to help get more of the surplus plastics sold! I want them to be sold off, and opened to play with... until they realize they got the wrong beyblade, then beg their mother to get the right ones.

(Jul. 28, 2009  1:09 AM)Aqua Wrote: Yeah, I know, but that won't stop people that have never heard of beyblade before from thinking that Beyblade is a rip-off of Battle Strikers.

I think the commercials for MFB will need to be pretty convincing, and I hope that whatever network gets it advertises well. If they use good selling points, they should do just fine in my opinion. Battle strikers dont really have much to ride on, besides the deoms theey are doing EVERYWHERE it seems.
(Jul. 28, 2009  1:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: When older kids see younger kids playing with Battle Strikers, they are going to comment about Beyblade. Beyblade was an incredibly successful toyline and spinning tops still get called Beyblades all the time.

That is the exact point I'm trying to make.

However Aqua, I actually think your view has a lot of valid grounding as well considering the main demographic Hasbro will be appealing to.

---

Brad, how many did you buy in one go then? Edit : [Seen it ~]
(Jul. 28, 2009  1:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I just got my BB-22s and they were shipped in a TT official carton ... I noticed it said BEY CUSTOM SET SUTAMINA AND DEFENCE ... not Reshuffle. I wonder if we've been using the wrong name this whole time?
改造 (kaizou) can mean customize, remodel, remix, reorganize, modify, and reshuffle. Nothing really indicated that "custom" would be the actual name back then ...
(Jul. 28, 2009  1:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: 改造 (kaizou) can mean customize, remodel, remix, reorganize, modify, and reshuffle. Nothing really indicated that "custom" would be the actual name back then ...

In that case, reshuffle seems like an odd choice of translation.
(Jul. 28, 2009  2:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: In that case, reshuffle seems like an odd choice of translation.
It seemed to me as if the parts were shuffled to form other beyblades. If you want to change it, go ahead.
(Jul. 28, 2009  2:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It seemed to me as if the parts were shuffled to form other beyblades. If you want to change it, go ahead.

So were you the one who selected Reshuffle as the word of choice? I could have sworn I saw it other places.
(Jul. 28, 2009  2:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So were you the one who selected Reshuffle as the word of choice? I could have sworn I saw it other places.
I do not know, but I do not remember looking at other stores to know which word they had decided to use, because I doubt they were on English websites then.
so i was actually going to buy metalfightbeyblade.com, but it looks like those jerks over at beybladeweb bought and put two whole pages of non-content and some ads on it

go to hell bbweb
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: so i was actually going to buy metalfightbeyblade.com, but it looks like those jerks over at beybladeweb bought and put two whole pages of non-content and some ads on it

go to hell bbweb
Poor u. I hate it when people have good names 4 their site but actually have nothing on.
it's cool, i just bought beyblademetalfusion.com lol

annoyingly enough, despite that beybladeweb has actually banned people from even mentioning the WBO on their site, they still have the nerve to copy our articles and link to our pictures
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's cool, i just bought beyblademetalfusion.com lol
I was wondering what u would do with another website.
ooooooooooh...
and it goes right back to wbo. nice.

this sucks. and their whole website is in turkish. do u know them personally or had any kind of experience with them in the past?
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: it's cool, i just bought beyblademetalfusion.com lol

annoyingly enough, despite that beybladeweb has actually banned people from even mentioning the WBO on their site, they still have the nerve to copy our articles and link to our pictures

That's awesome lol

Where have they copied articles?
all over their board, mostly posted by the moderator 123456789
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:29 AM)Beynval Wrote: this sucks. and their whole website is in turkish. do u know them personally or had any kind of experience with them in the past?

ZenX, Yugi Jyudai and kinomiya all came from there

we were supposed to affiliate with them, but the administrator kultart ended it all and banned anyone from mentioning the site
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: we were supposed to affiliate with them, but the administrator kultart ended it all and banned anyone from mentioning the site

I can't believe someone running a website could be this childish. :\
(Jul. 28, 2009  4:49 AM)Kei Wrote: I can't believe someone running a website could be this childish. :\

Human beings will never cease to amaze...believe me, in every walk of life, in every sort of setting...theres gonna be someone who acts like that. I've had more than my fair share of run ins with people like that.
Can't you do something about that? I mean, (should know this) when we write articles don't we have the writes to them? Can't we force them to link to the WBO or something? Even getting credit would be nice.
In the end, they're in a whole different part of the world and litigation is essentially impossible. I'm doing what I can.
I just watched Episode 5 Cancer's Revenge, and this may seem dumb, but I like to always look and see what Beyblades the other people in the show (besides main characters) are using.

Well Kenta's Friend lost in a battle to Tetsuya and I saw that Kenta's friend's beyblade face wasn't blank, like most other side characters' beyblade faces. I know it may not be anything specific, but in my opinion it looks like a butterfly Smile I just wonder what the Beyblade says. Anyone want to take a guess on what you think it is?
[Image: lrg-3089-134.jpg]

And yes I'm aware that it doesn't matter at all Serious. It also kinda looks like a ufo space ship with some with other stuff around it Joyful_3
(Jul. 28, 2009  7:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: In the end, they're in a whole different part of the world and litigation is essentially impossible. I'm doing what I can.

Thats what sucks, but hey, just keep on making the WBO a success and the victory is yours in the end.
(Jul. 29, 2009  1:46 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: I just watched Episode 5 Cancer's Revenge, and this may seem dumb, but I like to always look and see what Beyblades the other people in the show (besides main characters) are using.

Well Kenta's Friend lost in a battle to Tetsuya and I saw that Kenta's friend's beyblade face wasn't blank, like most other side characters' beyblade faces. I know it may not be anything specific, but in my opinion it looks like a butterfly Smile I just wonder what the Beyblade says. Anyone want to take a guess on what you think it is?
[Image: lrg-3089-134.jpg]

And yes I'm aware that it doesn't matter at all Serious. It also kinda looks like a ufo space ship with some with other stuff around it Joyful_3

Looks like some sort of bug, because it seems to have antennaes (whoa...never used that word in written conversation before. lol)
(Jul. 29, 2009  1:48 AM)The_General Wrote: Thats what sucks, but hey, just keep on making the WBO a success and the victory is yours in the end.

Looks like some sort of bug, because it seems to have antennaes (whoa...never used that word in written conversation before. lol)
LOL. Here's one that isn't blank, but it is quite obvious that it is a Raven Face [X]

Its a thing I like to do, I guess. IDK, whenever I see pictures of lacrosse players, I always try to look closely and ssee if I can see what gear they're wearing, or what stick they're using. I know that this is different, because the beyblades in the show aren't like real bladers using real gear. But its just a close attention to pointless details thingEffort?
(Jul. 29, 2009  1:46 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: I just watched Episode 5 Cancer's Revenge, and this may seem dumb, but I like to always look and see what Beyblades the other people in the show (besides main characters) are using.

[Picture.]

Osamu has 'Hydra'.

I posted a clearer picture of the Face in theflightyellz's Custom Face Request topic, however it is still not clear enough for me to reproduce it with details.
(Jul. 29, 2009  1:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Osamu has 'Hydra'.

I posted a clearer picture of the Face in theflightyellz's Custom Face Request topic, however it is still not clear enough for me to reproduce it with details.

Hmmm. A beyblade scavenger hunt...? Have like one per episode. Unfortunatly I'm to lazy to actually do it. Oh well.