Beyblade Random Thoughts

It lost to Dark Wolf Uncertain Also, those combos aren't particularly noteworthy.
(Jul. 27, 2009  1:59 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: It lost to Dark Wolf Uncertain

Yeah. The matches are only best 2 outta 3, and we all know that nothing is for sure with battles.

Capricorne does show some upper attack here, but it's just mostly because rock Leone is 4.5mm taller.
Rock Leone 145WB VS Capricorne 100HF Capricorne wins 2-0
(Jul. 27, 2009  1:57 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: I know these are just people's youtube videos, but I wouldn't give it a completley bad rap. It has useful parts for sure.
Capricorne 100HF VS Aquario105F Capricorne wins 2-0
Capricorne 100HF VS Escolpio WD145B Capricorne wins 2-0
Capricorne 100HF VS Pegasis 105F Capricorne wins 2-0
Capricorne 100HF VS Dark Wolf DF145FS Loses 1-2

Not bad, i'd say. And yes, besides advice not to, I've already ordered it.

That isn't enough testing against combo to be completely accurate to eliminate it just being lucky.
Yes, definatly agree. But it does show Capricorne's potential. The track may not be a 90 like quetz, but its close enough. The tip seens to be a pretty good attack tip, which to me seems like it doesn't have much friction for being an attack type. The wheel, well IDK really. Seems pretty thin, which could be an advantage in upper attack.
(Jul. 27, 2009  2:09 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Yes, definatly agree. But it does show Capricorne's potential.

its potential to beat crappy beyblades?
Yes. Because it is not being beat by crappy Beyblades.
(Jul. 27, 2009  2:24 AM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Yes. Because it is not being beat by crappy Beyblades.

Who cares, though? It's just slightly less bad than those Beyblades. Capricorne isn't a useful Wheel, HF isn't a useful Bottom. Why do people keep arguing about stuff like this? It reminds me of that guy who came here to tell us that Draciel MS was good.
(Jul. 27, 2009  2:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It reminds me of that guy who came here to tell us that Draciel MS was good.

Lol, I remember that guy. That was pretty sad actually. :\ I'm guessing people are arguing the fact because it is either their sign or they like the design of the wheel and don't want it to be blown off as a bad wheel.
carp, the difference in Virgo wheels can make an entire one min difference? Unhappy
It appears Quetz has jumped back up in price
the so called dwindling fanbase of beyblade has been rejuvinated with this site
(Jul. 27, 2009  3:47 PM)Khel Wrote: It appears Quetz has jumped back up in price

Yes it has, makes me feel better knowing I bought the game, granted Quetz was about Y3000 when I did get it. I don't care, I got mine.

My S&D reshuffle and 1 of my Flame Sag came in today! Supaburn
(Jul. 27, 2009  3:47 PM)Khel Wrote: It appears Quetz has jumped back up in price

Aside from one that's at 4080, it seems a bit premature to say this ...
I am at work and this morning, after waiting one month, i finally got the beyblades i bought from beybrad!!! It made my day! it was Dragoon MSUV and Wolborg Ms!
Now i cant wait to get my 2 MOJ orders! GrinDDDD
(Jul. 27, 2009  8:05 PM)Beynval Wrote: I am at work and this morning, after waiting one month, i finally got the beyblades i bought from beybrad!!! It made my day! it was Dragoon MSUV and Wolborg Ms!
Now i cant wait to get my 2 MOJ orders! GrinDDDD

Glad to hear stuff is finally starting to arrive.
I had some theories and predictions I'd like to share:

WHen Beyblades come to America, I wonder if people who never have heard of it before will think that they are a rip-off of battle strikers. We all know that's not true, but I just people wont burn out on spinning battle top toys in America.

I also pretict that a lot of the plastics off of ebay will be sold. If like 1 in every 50 parents buying "this new fad toy," off the internet just searches 'Beyblade' there is bound to be a lot of plastics sold to parents thinking they're getting the new toy and not the old.

I also think a lot of people who previously had beyblades when they were younger will get back in to it (obvious statement), which I think will make it interesting, because there is a long Hiatus of Beyblade which will cause it to attract the attention of old fans, and new. I think there'll be a wide age gap with new Beyblade products.

Final statement/prediction: WBO is going to get VERY BUSY, and it will test the patiance of all the moderaters and helpful vets to answer questions, and catch people up on the product, and keep track. I mean we just hit like 2k members right? I'm predicting 5k by the Spring after MFB comes out in the U.S.A.

Just some thoughts and Words
Pepe, it's definitely going to be a test of patience. We've talked about it and we're honestly not sure how we're going to handle it, but hiring moderators for specific forums is likely.

And good, let parents buy the plastics. Leave the MFB for me Grin
(Jul. 27, 2009  11:06 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: WHen Beyblades come to America, I wonder if people who never have heard of it before will think that they are a rip-off of battle strikers. We all know that's not true, but I just people wont burn out on spinning battle top toys in America.

Unhappy

I was thinking of that too. I really hope that that doesn't happen... though there's definately a chance that it might.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Spinning tops have been around forever. Before Beyblade there were other spinning top toys that battled. Beyblade and Battle Strikers are significantly different games.
(Jul. 27, 2009  11:19 PM)Aqua Wrote: Unhappy
I was thinking of that too. I really hope that that doesn't happen... though there's definately a chance that it might.

Maybe so, but you are missing one very key ingredient. Beyblade has an anime series to back it, that battle strikers doesn't.
Think about previous craze series in recent years, and which ones have stuck, and become more popular than others?
A very high percentage of them have been backed by a TV show.
(Jul. 28, 2009  12:40 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: Maybe so, but you are missing one very key ingredient. Beyblade has an anime series to back it, that battle strikers doesn't.
Think about previous craze series in recent years, and which ones have stuck, and become more popular than others?
A very high percentage of them have been backed by a TV show.

Yeah, I know, but that won't stop people that have never heard of beyblade before from thinking that Beyblade is a rip-off of Battle Strikers.

But tbh, I don't think Battle Strikers will last very long either.
If anything, won't people think Battle Strikers is a rip-off of Beyblade?

Beyblade is one of the most successful toylines. It has become almost synonymous with the "Spinning Top" concept.
(Jul. 28, 2009  1:11 AM)♥ Wrote: If anything, won't people think Battle Strikers is a rip-off of Beyblade?

(Jul. 28, 2009  1:09 AM)Aqua Wrote: people who have never heard of beyblade before
That's what I'm saying; conversely, so many people have heard of Beyblade, hence my synonymous comment.

It depends on the success of Battle Strikers, anyway. There were a few toys which were based on the Spinning Top premise before Beyblade, but they never really gained popularity; hence this problem of "ripping-off" doesn't occur.