Beyblade Random Thoughts

in the wiki, pegasis 105F: the Wheel being particularly valuable because of its high Endurance and Defense compared to the other Wheels.

didnt that change now? it was valuable when there was only bull, sag, leo and pegasis.

also will there be articles about the other blades? Confused
A bey ping pong ball isn't necessarily bad....
if it stays in...

X_X
(Jul. 17, 2009  8:48 AM)pegasis Wrote: in the wiki, pegasis 105F: the Wheel being particularly valuable because of its high Endurance and Defense compared to the other Wheels.

didnt that change now? it was valuable when there was only bull, sag, leo and pegasis.

also will there be articles about the other blades? Confused

no. we're never going to edit the beywiki ever again. we all hate beyblade now

(don't whine about free content, we will work on it when we can)
I don't know, considering I can knock out a MF Libra C145B 35% of the time and a Virgo DF145D almost all the time with a Storm 90RF, it should remain top tier, there are other attack types that can't do that. To tier MFB's to me should only exist if they perform according to their type dominance. Of course Brad did make that attack type article and it's outlines the dominance of attack types currently.

Aesthetically I like Storm Pegasis, functionally I can definitely see how Quetzalcoatl is superior though.

Now to the technical aspect of things. My information for Quetz comes from online resources and my metal face and Storm Pegasis info is self testing and my own electronic scale. Factors like dust, laziness, and a pet along with idiotic friends may still apply but not by anything I'd deem incredibly hindering.

Quetzalcoatl weights 35.8g's, Storm Pegasis(includes Clear wheel) Weights 33.9g's, with a normal face both totals come out to 36.9g's, and 35g's respectively. With a metal face in both Quetz is 40.5g's While Storm is 38.6g's. I bring this up only because I see the weight difference as a boon for Storm, it may have the option of remaining the only Top Tier attacker with a lower weight than the others even with the Metal Face, in fact the Metal Face brings it close to Quetz's normal face weight.

For reference with my calculations (and weighing) both in their completed customizations should weight the following:

Quetz 90RF: 38.6g's
MF Quetz 90RF: 42.2g's

Storm 90RF: 36.7g's
MF Storm 90RF: 40.3g's

Storm also seems to be smaller in width, which leads me to think it won't have the issue of scraping the dish bottom like Quetz might should we ever get an 80 Track. Measuring a Storm 90HF (which scrapes the bottom sometimes with a sliding shoot) and a Storm 90RF there's a slight difference between the two.

I find it interesting how similar the weights the comparison for them both non MF puts Storm as the lighter of the two by 2g's (1.9g's >>), but with a MF on Storm it only brings it over by 1.7g's. For me that one factor it seems has been significant with my MF Storm 90RF staying in or out of an Attack Stadium. Video's I've seen with Quetz 90RF in them have shown Quetz having a wicked recoil, I think this type of thing would have a significant impact on future performance if parts like an 80 track became available.
I doubt we will ever see an 80 Track to be honest. Just way too low for almost every Beyblade.

Also, shouldn't the weight difference between the two stay the same if they both have Metal Face? I don't understand that.
(Jul. 17, 2009  6:29 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: Ah, i don't. How is the quetz as a standalone out of box blade?

Does it make sense to buy one and hold out for an RF, be it in a S pegasis or when hasbro releases them?

I swear, if they somehow alter the RF so it's less hyper, i'll cry beytears.

Edit to avoid doublepost: Anybody come up with a name for the 2010 Anime North event?
-Beyblade Metal Melee
-Beyblade Redomination
-Beyblade Rampaging Revival
-Beyblade Beyvelocity 2010

Some ideas ^^''

Edit to avoid triple post:

I'm serious now. If I don't get my hands on an RF soon, i'll be at a supreme disadvantage at HPT...
seeing as it's in 3 days, i don't think it can be helped...
Anybody wanna spare me one? [jk, of course not]
First place looks fuzzy now, but i have to rank.

Koolkid, in the words of my favorite brawl spam,

Prepare yourself! You'll get no sympathy from me.
/pose

Out of the box it isn't that great. You can't use any launch techniques. Moves around really fast though. However if funds allow I would pick one up. Storm Pegasis is guaranteed to be released by Hasbro. Whether they release Quetz is unsure at this point. Plus Storm Peg should be available for some time now. Quetz is out of production or ending production really soon.
The tentative title for Anime North 2010 is King of Bladers.
I'm getting Quetz! Supaburn
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The tentative title for Anime North 2010 is King of Bladers.

My brain went from King of Fighters, to King of Warrior EX.
(Jul. 17, 2009  8:11 PM)Rocky Wrote: My brain went from King of Fighters, to King of Warrior EX.

Lmao, O man, that will never get old.
(Jul. 17, 2009  8:11 PM)Rocky Wrote: My brain went from King of Fighters, to King of Warrior EX.

king of bladers ex
Name it that. You need a massive God of Bey cutout to watch over you while you play.
(Jul. 17, 2009  10:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I doubt we will ever see an 80 Track to be honest. Just way too low for almost every Beyblade.

Also, shouldn't the weight difference between the two stay the same if they both have Metal Face? I don't understand that.

I do wonder about possibilities for 80 tracks though. I actually doubt Storm or Quetz would be able to use them, but aren't there smaller, or more stable wheels that could make use of such a low track?

Regardless I brought up the two weights to point out the small difference between weight an MF Storm 90RF would have against a Quetz 90RF (non MF). I'm curious to see (once my Quetz gets here) the changes between the two. As I said Quetz 90RF in videos looked like it had tendencies for a wicked recoil on some hits. Storm 90RF did as well, which is essentially what spurned me into adding the Metal Face. In my own experience, the ability to not suicide with KO adds for win consistency.

My understanding is that the MF decreases stamina. Given the weight on a Quetz a Metal Face is suicide, but a Storm it seems slightly more viable.
I still like Beyblade Steel Cage XD

Btw whats king of warrior EX
(Jul. 18, 2009  12:43 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Regardless I brought up the two weights to point out the small difference between weight an MF Storm 90RF would have against a Quetz 90RF (non MF). I'm curious to see (once my Quetz gets here) the changes between the two. As I said Quetz 90RF in videos looked like it had tendencies for a wicked recoil on some hits. Storm 90RF did as well, which is essentially what spurned me into adding the Metal Face. In my own experience, the ability to not suicide with KO adds for win consistency.

For what it's worth, I like adding a Metal Face to high recoil attacking Wheels, definitely.

However, I prefer to leave it off Storm because I don't see too much of a difference. I'm not experiencing too much recoil from Storm.

---

Five years on from its release, I finally experiencing Metal Ape first hand. It's amazing, so small, so round. ♥
As cool as LL Drago is, I'm gonna wait on getting one. I'm not looking forward to having to replace the Left Beylauncher. That and i just dropped 60+ on Quetz earlier today. I'm pretty satisfied.
So I find myself at a crossroads in this hobby
Since I don't have nearly as big of an income as some lucky people, I have to choose a type to get into.
I go into attack type amd spend 70+ on a quetz while i can, but then i'd have to additionally procure an RF, which doesn't really seem abundant.
I could go into defense, and spend 20 on a libra, but then, similar to above, i'd have to look for an MF which seems to be more rare that RF at this point in time.

I haven't seen a virgo anywhere, so in terms of stamina, my beaten up Escolpio [while lucky] is otherwise useless.

What do I do D:
Buy a defense and stamina reshuffle set on ebay for 25-30$ or so (i believe). And then buy Storm Pegasis. You get a great combo for all 3 types then and it will only be around 50-60$. Also, this isn't really the place to ask...
Lol, thanks, Wasn't really asking, just stating my current situation. [The 'what do I do' was meant to be rhetorical]

See i would, but I can't seem to find a S Peg out right now, so i guess i'd best take my chances with finding a cheap RBV3

I assume what you're talking about is the infamous BB-22?
Just be patient. Everyone is having trouble fnding S. Peg. atm.
S. Peg will become more abundant, just give it time. Stock will settle eventually.
i hope you guys didn't want to buy lightning l-drago from a store considering every single one manufactured is on YJ right now
What?! Really? How is that possible?
Dickson_c has been pretty slow getting the 1 Beylauncher I bought from him back at the start of this month. I mean, I did my whole MOJ order from start to finish faster than it took to get a lone Beylauncher from him. It's kinda why I'm hesistant to get buy a BB-22 from him. Sadly, Buzztoy ran out when I finally got some money.

Has anyone else had slow service from him?
Wolf actually appears to have some upper attack, could someone test MF Wolf 90RF/WF/F (for height purposes) against the main defenders?