Beyblade Random Thoughts

Quetz 90RF is a demon from hell.

I can't think of any other way to describe the satisfaction of abusing Libra with it.
O he said it was impossible to beat a good hms combo with the best plastics.
(Jul. 16, 2009  12:50 AM)Giga Wrote: O he said it was impossible to beat a good hms combo with the best plastics.

Ah -- Ok. I retract my comment on beating HMS with plastics.
Lolllllll ~

Just found Advance Eterner and Wolborg MS both NIB in the study.
Good Lord Quetz 90WF is impossible to control. As soon as you try to bank or use sliding shoot it grinds against the stadium floor.

I guess a higher track it is then...
that's why the only Bottom anyone uses with 90 is RF
(Jul. 15, 2009  8:24 PM)t3haxle Wrote: And just now the string from my beylauncher caught onto my keyboard and ripped off the ? key.

Lmfao.

On my keyboard the ? key is sandwiched between ">" "Shift" ";" " ' " and the start button...so how did yours manage to get ripped off... where's it located?
So my MOJ shipment came in today, and today is my first day experiencing the Beylauncher. Boy is it different. My fear of breaking it when I pull it is slowly diminishing which is leading to more powerful shots, which I like. I'm borrowing my friends stadium to work on Sliding Shoot...holy carp is it hard. I've tried with both the Beylauncher and Light Launcher. It seems easier to do with the Light Launcher because I watched the video and all, easier as in getting the flower pattern, I still need to get tighter patterns with more power, but I've noticed the difference in power with the Beylauncher. All of this with Storm Pegasis btw.

I'm not sure on the proper way to use the Beylauncher w/ grip in the sliding shot: Horizontal or Vertical?
(Jul. 17, 2009  1:39 AM)Khel Wrote: Good Lord Quetz 90WF is impossible to control. As soon as you try to bank or use sliding shoot it grinds against the stadium floor.

I guess a higher track it is then...

I wonder what it would be like if you could control it...
(Jul. 17, 2009  2:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Vertical.

Ok, gotcha. I figured going Horizontal would work since I wasn't sure. There's currently not MFB sliding shoot Beylauncher video up, so I was winging it. It worked from time to time, but not consistent enough to knock out MF Libra DF145WB more than once or twice.
I'll make one once I have a BeyLauncher that's actually in one piece Wink
Hybrid Wheel System has yet to produce a single competitive Wheel. If it had, maybe RBV3 wouldn't seem so bad, but for right now the game basically belongs to Quetz, Libra and Virgo. I expect Lightning to be very useful, but it's not in RBV3, sadly.
tried breaking in Quetz with a brand new RF. The difference in performance between a worn down one and this are completely different. I have to alter my shot to account for the change in movement etc.
At least Quetz moves slower than Storm. I completely cannot control Storm on a brand new RF.
(Jul. 17, 2009  4:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'll make one once I have a BeyLauncher that's actually in one piece Wink
Hybrid Wheel System has yet to produce a single competitive Wheel. If it had, maybe RBV3 wouldn't seem so bad, but for right now the game basically belongs to Quetz, Libra and Virgo. I expect Lightning to be very useful, but it's not in RBV3, sadly.

Nice.

You wouldn't consider Storm or Flame competitive? I can definitely understand Dark and maybe Rock.
First time I launched it I was not expecting the difference and it went flying out of the ring and onto my laptop XD

Decided then that a slight change in strategy was necessary to prevent it from causing damage to my notebook.

I also moved my computer away.

EDIT:

I would consider Storm to be competitive, just not the best. If Quetz is out of your budget Storm is a great option, however if that blade is accessible it gives you an edge. The attack points are more pronounced allowing for a more aggressive attack.

Flame is good, but Virgo works better for me. No Hybrid wheel has been able to so far dethrone a Pre-HWS as the best in it's class. Again L.L Drago might change that
I honestly think Storm is so totally outclassed by Quetzalcoatl that Storm should be Tier 2. I think Lightning will make that concrete.

Flame is good but if you have Virgo, there's no point in using Flame IMO.
Ah ok, I can understand that. Now I just need to get 80-100 bucks for a Quetz Unhappy
Quetz costs about half that.
To cover for MOJ Fees and stuff. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:17 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Ah ok, I can understand that. Now I just need to get 80-100 bucks for a Quetz Unhappy

Get the game from Play-Asia. It will cost you like 60 shipped.
Approx 75 CND for the golden quetz + game, is it honestly worth it?
Will definitely see if I have the funds for that.
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:28 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: Approx 75 CND for the golden quetz + game, is it honestly worth it?

Yes, it really is.

However only so if you have at least one RF.
(Jul. 17, 2009  5:57 AM)Khel Wrote: Yes, it really is.

However only so if you have at least one RF.

Ah, i don't. How is the quetz as a standalone out of box blade?

Does it make sense to buy one and hold out for an RF, be it in a S pegasis or when hasbro releases them?

I swear, if they somehow alter the RF so it's less hyper, i'll cry beytears.

Edit to avoid doublepost: Anybody come up with a name for the 2010 Anime North event?
-Beyblade Metal Melee
-Beyblade Redomination
-Beyblade Rampaging Revival
-Beyblade Beyvelocity 2010

Some ideas ^^''

Edit to avoid triple post:

I'm serious now. If I don't get my hands on an RF soon, i'll be at a supreme disadvantage at HPT...
seeing as it's in 3 days, i don't think it can be helped...
Anybody wanna spare me one? [jk, of course not]
First place looks fuzzy now, but i have to rank.

Koolkid, in the words of my favorite brawl spam,

Prepare yourself! You'll get no sympathy from me.
/pose