Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 25, 2009  1:07 AM)♥ Wrote: Is that the wristband attachment?

Looks neat. Aren't you compromising a few inches by extending it to your wrist before you've even pulled it?

Anyway, reassurances from the others are helpful.

No, because when I'm actually launching, the initial extension is from the zipclip. I keep the ripcord handle flush with the beylauncher.
Where is the spring that creates the auto retract?

(Jun. 25, 2009  2:55 AM)Khel Wrote: for people who were curious

[Image: P1000398.jpg]
[Image: P1000399.jpg]
[Image: P1000400.jpg]
[Image: P1000402.jpg]
[Image: P1000406.jpg]
[Image: P1000405.jpg]
[Image: P1000407.jpg]
I was wondering that........I'm guessing it's inside the largest cog? Assuming he has't lost it...:X

Ugh, would that even work? @_@
I was looking up Polycarbonate, (the material that clear wheels are made out of) and I never realized how tough Polycarbonate is.
Fighter jet cockpit screens are made out of the stuff, it's used for laboratory equipment, some car parts, it's massively shock resistant.
So why on earth aren't other blade parts made of the same stuff?
Particularly parts like WD145 and H145, and even tips, since it'd prevent a lot of breakages.
If they're already producing particular parts using polycarbonate plastic, why not just make the whole blade (bar the metal wheel) out of it : / ?
(Jun. 25, 2009  10:32 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Where is the spring that creates the auto retract?

The largest cog contains the spring
You can see it in the 5th picture. Is the spring replaceable, or is it an odd size?
i was saying last night they should make the damn beylauncher out of polycarbonate
(Jun. 25, 2009  1:23 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: I was looking up Polycarbonate, (the material that clear wheels are made out of) and I never realized how tough Polycarbonate is.
Fighter jet cockpit screens are made out of the stuff, it's used for laboratory equipment, some car parts, it's massively shock resistant.
Particularly parts like WD145 and H145, and even tips, since it'd prevent a lot of breakages.
If they're already producing particular parts using polycarbonate plastic, why not just make the whole blade (bar the metal wheel) out of it : / ?

Could be for sales purposes, make the more important parts out of cheaper plastic, more breakages means more sales of good beys.

And polycarb can become quite brittle, especially when machined into small pieces.
Hey spinster, do you mind showing us how it works? I would like to see it in action because the way you are holding you project makes it look hard to use.
Unfortunately, I don't own a video recording device, otherwise I could. It's pretty simple, really. You just place the wristband with the attachment on, and you pull the ripcord like you normally would. I use a backhand pull, swinging my right arm from its initial position to behind me (similar to the motion you would use when winding back for bowling). I keep a very loose grasp on the handle of the ripcord and let the variable tensions between the two fly wheels in the devices do the rest of the work for me.
I think Im understanding the concept or it. So does it stop the handle of the beylauncher from hitting it so hard?
It stops it from hitting it at all. The zipclip I'm using has a higher spring tension than the beylauncher. I can actually let go of the handle before even reaching the end, and the spring tension is enough to complete the launch by itself.
Nice, I must invest in that clip since I am afraid my beylauncher will break.
I spent $30 (including shipping cost) on two RBV2s and I got Aquario105B and PiscesD145BS Smile
(Jun. 26, 2009  12:33 AM)G Wrote: I spent $30 (including shipping cost) on two RBV2s and I got Aquario105B and PiscesD145BS Smile

Congrats Smile That's an awesome pull.
(Jun. 26, 2009  12:33 AM)G Wrote: I spent $30 (including shipping cost) on two RBV2s and I got Aquario105B and PiscesD145BS Smile

omg nice
[Image: jq2jd2.jpg]
Using tape + the broken bit off the handle, I found a handle on the Beylauncher I really like.

It's got plenty of room to grip when launching, and its easy to let go of during launch.
It feels much better to me than the T-shaped handle.

And the tape seems to make it hurt a little less when it smacks your hand...
(Jun. 25, 2009  2:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i was saying last night they should make the damn beylauncher out of polycarbonate
It'd definitely cut down on handle breakages, but in all honesty I think the beylauncher handle could have been designed better : /
Would have been nice if the handle had been a ring like the standard ripcord handle.
By the way, has anyone noticed how massive the difference in performance is when certain parts are clean?
Thought my rubber flat was done for since it's been going ridiculously slow lately, the tip looked pretty clean, but I just washed it and it's back to almost it's original speed.
Well it is Toywiz....
I was looking at one of the sides of the Storm Pegasis box, and noticed that, apparently, the Face, the Track and the Bottom had always been made out of 'PC', which I assume is Polycarbonate since they also add the Clear Wheel to that list. Had nobody noticed it, because it is written in Japanese, or something ... ? Hopefully other people had at least suspected it.

theflightyellz Wrote:I was looking up Polycarbonate, (the material that clear wheels are made out of) and I never realized how tough Polycarbonate is.
Dreamborn Wrote:Could be for sales purposes, make the more important parts out of cheaper plastic, more breakages means more sales of good beys.

And polycarb can become quite brittle, especially when machined into small pieces.
yeah, bulletproof my carp
I find it almost funny that they were heavily announcing the use of Clear Polycarbonate as if it were revolutionary, when they had been using it all along for other parts ... It does not totally make a difference that it is clear.
(Jun. 28, 2009  3:05 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I find it almost funny that they were heavily announcing the use of Clear Polycarbonate as if it were revolutionary, when they had been using it all along for other parts ... It does not totally make a difference that it is clear.

and that they've been releasing clear parts all along as well
polycarbonate doesnt seem that resistant... since my clear wheels got all scratched :T