Beyblade Random Thoughts

They were weighed, and there was an extremely minute difference in weight, it's more likely to have something to do with how the wheels are balanced differently :\
I see, quite a different movement pattern..

Maybe becuz they cover more ground they spin less long?

Either way.. I am not using D on the virgo I spun with my hands.. I used B instead... as soon as I get my launcher ill test it out..
Was thinking about different versions of other wheels as well.
Not sure if this has already been tested, but still, thought I'd test out the different versions of the Libra wheel.
The combo I used was LibraDF145WB, with the wheel changed for each set of results.

Libra Black: Random Booster 2
time 1: 2:59
time 2: 2:48
time 3: 2:59
time 4: 2:55
time 5: 2:40

Libra Purple: Bey Reshuffle - Set Stamina & Defense
time 1: 2:20
time 2: 2:32
time 3: 2:39
time 4: 2:19
time 5: 2:17

I was kind of amazed at the difference in spin times, 9 seconds between the highest purple spin time, and the lowest black spin time, and a massive 20 seconds between the highest spin times of each wheel.
Pretty massive difference in performance, would be nice to have the original starter Libra to test, and a few more RBV2 Libras to see if the booster parts vary as much..
when it says random thoughts does that include random thoughts about what we might think to come out of the mfb series?
(Jun. 15, 2009  5:41 PM)tcith Wrote: when it says random thoughts does that include random thoughts about what we might think to come out of the mfb series?

Um, sure?
so the virgo and the libra in the defense and stamina reshuffle set are the worst between other versions? Confused
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:10 PM)pegasis Wrote: so the virgo and the libra in the defense and stamina reshuffle set are the worst between other versions? Confused

Not necessarily. It depends on the individual part, not just which box it came from ... two Virgo that are the same can have very different spin time.
For virgo I see it being a problem in real battles..

But how does this effect libra since it only defends.. it doesn't spin as long as virgo anyway..
(Jun. 15, 2009  9:43 PM)Ghost Wrote: For virgo I see it being a problem in real battles..

But how does this effect libra since it only defends.. it doesn't spin as long as virgo anyway..

Haha are you serious? Libra has excellent Stamina.
Yeah but virgo can spin longer.. I can see why.. VirgoDF145B the difference would matter..
But Libra with C145 or whatever track and WB.. made purely for defence.. would it matter that much then?..
Hmm as I stated in the Photo Gallery... My HF is dented. And it rattles. My solution to these problems: Grin
I put HF in very hot water and pushed out the dent and it works like new! lol

Also it isnt my HF that rattles. It's D125. So now when i put D on there it rattles ridiculously and just spins out.
(Jun. 15, 2009  5:41 PM)tcith Wrote: when it says random thoughts does that include random thoughts about what we might think to come out of the mfb series?

Something I could see them doing down the line is customize tracks. Similar to the CWD's of HMS, they'd be generic tracks of varying heights upon which various gimmicks could be slotted in (most likely from above before the wheel and face lock them in). It wouldn't be difficult to make these parts free or fixed, again, like CWD's.
jsc, I had that problem with my D125 as well. Mine also bent the track part on the face. Nothing you can really do, though Unhappy
Hoping my new one doesn't have that problem.
I think we all have a feeling that "Customize Tracks" are pretty much inevitable.
(Jun. 16, 2009  4:20 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think we all have a feeling that "Customize Tracks" are pretty much inevitable.

Yeah and they will make the game even more customizable like CWD in the HMS generation did. Some CWD were really useful. I'm hoping for some good designs if customize tracks are released.
So I'm working on a wrist-mounted holder for the beylauncher, along with a slight modification to Anubis' elastic idea. I've got a very VERY early prototype in the works right now, thought I'd share a couple pictures. Basically, I just slightly modified one of those extending belt-clip card holders places use for swipe-tags. Check it out below,

[Image: BeylauncherMod1.jpg]
[Image: BeylauncherMod2.jpg]

The final version will involve a means of strapping the beylauncher to your wrist when not in use, so that you don't have to remove the elastic portion or have anything dangling about.
Looks cool, but this is for your wrist? It looks like it would be clipped to your pants right now.
(Jun. 16, 2009  10:05 PM)Kei Wrote: Looks cool, but this is for your wrist? It looks like it would be clipped to your pants right now.

haha are you serious? that could be easily attached to any wristband
(Jun. 16, 2009  10:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: haha are you serious? that could be easily attached to any wristband

That could work too lmao
Hahaha, no-where close to finished at the moment. That particular piece would clip into a wrist-strap or wristband of some sort, but will eventually be replaced with a strip of leather with a similarly designed button snap. Alternatively, might just keep it the way it is and make a small incision in the wrist-mount for that metal clip to slide into.
...Like so!

[Image: BeylauncherMod3.jpg]
So how useful are these blades and their parts:
-Dranzer V
-Driger V
-Dranzer MS
-Driger G
-Dranzer V2
-Voltaic/Vortex Ape
-Wyborg
Hahaha, still taking pictures. In the final version, the Beylauncher will be held against the forearm when not in use like so:
[Image: BeylauncherMod4.jpg]
Can't decide if I should allow for the Beypointer to be attached while in this position or not. If I wind up making a bunch of these things for people, I might have to account for people not owning a Beypointer...
(Jun. 16, 2009  10:21 PM)Hyuuga Neji Wrote: So how useful are these blades and their parts:
-Dranzer V
-Driger V
-Dranzer MS
-Driger G
-Dranzer V2
-Voltaic/Vortex Ape
-Wyborg

- Driger G is useful for it's AR, TripleTiger which is a staple and one of the best AR's for Upper Attack.
- Dranzer V2 is overall one of the best uncustomized beyblades . But it's SP, Cross Survival, is very useful for survival combos.
- Voltaitc/ Vortex Ape also has a great SP, Defense Ring, which is very useful for defense and survival combos.

The rest:
- Dranzer MS
- Wyborg
- Driger V
- Dranzer V
...are either useless or have been outclassed by other parts.

btw questions about beyblade should go in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread.
Wyborg has one set of parts that kept me buying more of it back in plastics gen; it's baselocks. You'll notice they're much longer than standard ones. They act as a good defense against upper attack and very short attackers. Trygle's baselocks are another variant on this technique.