Beyblade Random Thoughts

What do you guys think is the average age of people who play beyblade is.
(Aug. 31, 2020  5:58 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: What do you guys think is the average age of people who play beyblade is.

6-14

Did anyone else notice how the sparking theme changed when Lane and Lucifer were introduced?
(Aug. 31, 2020  6:01 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2020  5:58 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: What do you guys think is the average age of people who play beyblade is.

6-14

Did anyone else notice how the sparking theme changed when Lane and Lucifer were introduced?

That was the most obvious thing of course.
(Aug. 31, 2020  7:51 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2020  6:01 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: 6-14

That was the most obvious thing of course.

But was it as obvious as them not changing the theme in the second episode?
After receiving my Hell Salamander G.Y in the mail today (Specifically from the Random Booster Vol. 12), I came to a bit of a realization about Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Burst Resistance:
If you have High OWD on your Forge Disc, then your Burst Resistance goes Down.
If you have High OWD on your Attack Layer, then your Burst Resistance goes Up.
Because the Inertia is mainly pushing the Forge Disc forward, any Contact with the Layer will make the Layer go backwards and pushes it more towards bursting. Adding weight to the outside of the Forge Disc (Like with 8 and 8') exacerbate this problem. However, if you move some of that weight to the Layer itself, then the Beyblade won't burst as often. Sure you still have to deal with Attack and Stamina potential, but OWD tends to patch up those issues as well.
I didn't think about this at all until I got Hell Salamander, because it was the first Cho-Z Beyblade I have. All the other beys I have are either Hasbro Beys (Which have no metal at all), or my two TT Beys (Deep Chaos 0T.Xt & Driger S 4V.Hn). As such, this was my first real time thinking about this issue.
Anyone know stores in which I can purchase TT beys and MFB beys (in the U.S)
(Sep. 01, 2020  2:23 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Anyone know stores in which I can purchase TT beys and MFB beys (in the U.S)
Walmart and Beys and Bricks are the best online ones, try a thrift store if your looking for one to pick up (never been to one though, but some might sell beys)
(Sep. 01, 2020  10:02 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote: After receiving my Hell Salamander G.Y in the mail today (Specifically from the Random Booster Vol. 12), I came to a bit of a realization about Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Burst Resistance:
Because the Inertia is mainly pushing the Forge Disc forward, any Contact with the Layer will make the Layer go backwards and pushes it more towards bursting. Adding weight to the outside of the Forge Disc (Like with 8 and 8') exacerbate this problem. However, if you move some of that weight to the Layer itself, then the Beyblade won't burst as often. Sure you still have to deal with Attack and Stamina potential, but OWD tends to patch up those issues as well.
I didn't think about this at all until I got Hell Salamander, because it was the first Cho-Z Beyblade I have. All the other beys I have are either Hasbro Beys (Which have no metal at all), or my two TT Beys (Deep Chaos 0T.Xt & Driger S 4V.Hn). As such, this was my first real time thinking about this issue.

Oh shizz. This explains why the Double Chassis are more burst resistant than Single Chassis. I didn't realize that until just now.
(Sep. 02, 2020  11:34 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2020  10:02 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote: After receiving my Hell Salamander G.Y in the mail today (Specifically from the Random Booster Vol. 12), I came to a bit of a realization about Outward Weight Distribution (OWD) and Burst Resistance:

Oh shizz. This explains why the Double Chassis are more burst resistant than Single Chassis. I didn't realize that until just now.

wait so the heavier ur layer the gr8tr ur burst resistance???
Illuminati confirmed
I am sooo using this lol
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:27 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  11:34 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote: Oh shizz. This explains why the Double Chassis are more burst resistant than Single Chassis. I didn't realize that until just now.

wait so the heavier ur layer the gr8tr ur burst resistance???
Illuminati confirmed
I am sooo using this lol

No, the weight distribution helps with burst resistance weight helps with stamina and attack power.
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:31 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:27 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: wait so the heavier ur layer the gr8tr ur burst resistance???
Illuminati confirmed
I am sooo using this lol

No, the weight distribution helps with burst resistance weight helps with stamina and attack power.

So the bey has to be round & heavy??? So why are beys like Excalibur irregularly shaped??? If they were symmetrical, wouldn't the bey be a better atk type??
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:31 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: No, the weight distribution helps with burst resistance weight helps with stamina and attack power.

So the bey has to be round & heavy??? So why are beys like Excalibur irregularly shaped??? If they were symmetrical, wouldn't the bey be a better atk type??

Xcalibur is unbalanced on purpose, as the weight directed in one direction gives it more power when it strikes from there. And it's not that the bey has to be round, it's that the LAYER has to have OWD that surpasses the disk.
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:42 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: So the bey has to be round & heavy??? So why are beys like Excalibur irregularly shaped??? If they were symmetrical, wouldn't the bey be a better atk type??

Xcalibur is unbalanced on purpose, as the weight directed in one direction gives it more power when it strikes from there. And it's not that the bey has to be round, it's that the LAYER has to have OWD that surpasses the disk.

#1 If Xcalibur had the same amount of weight on both sides, the power points would make contact more often, therefore giving it greater atk power, defense, and stamina (though at the cost of speed as the bey would have more than one blade, making it heavier)

#2 I used round loosely, a better word would be symmetrical
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:48 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:42 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Xcalibur is unbalanced on purpose, as the weight directed in one direction gives it more power when it strikes from there. And it's not that the bey has to be round, it's that the LAYER has to have OWD that surpasses the disk.

#1 If Xcalibur had the same amount of weight on both sides, the power points would make contact more often, therefore giving it greater atk power, defense, and stamina (though at the cost of speed as the bey would have more than one blade, making it heavier)

#1 Without the right material, that would just make a defense bey, or just a really top heavy bey in general, which Xcalibur already is.

#2 You don't need a symmetrical bey to have weight balanced on the outer edges.
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:38 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:31 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: No, the weight distribution helps with burst resistance weight helps with stamina and attack power.

So Xcalibur might be irregularly shaped as a hindrance and as something to help it. It is very similar to the concept of convert where the weight distribution is off as a way to increase attack power for Union, but this acts as a hindrance in turn because Xcalius is unbalanced and it is much easier for the layer to touch the stadium floor.
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:48 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:42 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Xcalibur is unbalanced on purpose, as the weight directed in one direction gives it more power when it strikes from there. And it's not that the bey has to be round, it's that the LAYER has to have OWD that surpasses the disk.

Actually having the bey have be asymmetrical with one dominant side (the sword) increases the attack power because having only one side as opposed to two increases to recoil. Additionally, if it had two striking side then it wouldn’t have more attack power since it wouldn’t be as unbalanced.
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  3:48 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: #1 If Xcalibur had the same amount of weight on both sides, the power points would make contact more often, therefore giving it greater atk power, defense, and stamina (though at the cost of speed as the bey would have more than one blade, making it heavier)

Actually having the bey have be asymmetrical with one dominant side (the sword) increases the attack power because having only one side as opposed to two increases to recoil.

It does have more attack power but at the cost of balance and stamina.
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:04 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:03 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Actually having the bey have be asymmetrical with one dominant side (the sword) increases the attack power because having only one side as opposed to two increases to recoil.

It does have more attack power but at the cost of balance and stamina.
Exactly that’s what it is.

(Sep. 02, 2020  11:34 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote:

Yup it pretty much is the reason why. The actual disk component of the double chassis is lighter than the layer component combined with the ring/chip so the layer effectively resists hard against the disk simulating a heavy layer with a lighter disk.
Ehhh, whatever.
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:05 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2020  6:04 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: It does have more attack power but at the cost of balance and stamina.
Exactly that’s what it is.

(Sep. 02, 2020  11:34 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote: Oh shizz. This explains why the Double Chassis are more burst resistant than Single Chassis. I didn't realize that until just now.
Yup it pretty much is the reason why. The actual disk component of the double chassis is lighter than the layer component combined with the ring/chip so the layer effectively resists hard against the disk simulating a heavy layer with a lighter disk.

I think double chassis are much better than single ones because the bey is composed by only two parts (layer+double chassis and driver), since layer and double chassis are a single piece when combined this makes the bey stronger because the disc is not a separate part anymore. That's why they have a much more structure rigidity overall and rarely burst unlike single chassis that are formed by 3 parts (layer+single chassis, disc and driver) and therefore more prone to be shaky with more parts in movement (discs move up-down-left-right). Of course, if you want to avoid that, a double chassis is the right part.
Is Mirage still viable as a ring competitively?
Hello, what you think about Air Knight (both TT and Hasbro)? I have to say the 2 of them are pretty good, clearly nothing special. Does lack of metal help the Hasbro version with balance and burst resistance?
Thank you.
(Sep. 02, 2020  7:47 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Is Mirage still viable as a ring competitively?
I don't have mirage, but my friend does, and if you meet anyone w/ 2D, I am 85% sure you will lose (luck or 2D bey could have bad parts and mirage could have good parts, no exact calculations). In my opinion, Lucifer tweaked the meta a bit, so the toughness of Mirage's rubber makes it less viable, in my opinion. My friend resorted to cutting it w/ a pocket knife, and I don't recommend that. I don't have any hard evidence rn, but imma try to get some, but hopefully, someone will come along and get it.

Btw, I am a bit biased as I hate Mirage Fafnir as a whole, and Lucifer is my only Sparking bey. I did destroy him though.
Imagine if TT made a Double Chassis that was compatible with frames (Like the Proto-SK Bey, Nightmare Longinus). The first thing I imagine happening is someone throwing Cross on it and now we have an insanely heavy bey that has really good LAD.
(Sep. 06, 2020  7:25 AM)GreenGale2000 Wrote: Imagine if TT made a Double Chassis that was compatible with frames (Like the Proto-SK Bey, Nightmare Longinus). The first thing I imagine happening is someone throwing Cross on it and now we have an insanely heavy bey that has really good LAD.

I mean that is what we have single Chassis for (which can be heavier when combined with certain forge disks than single chassis)