Beyblade Random Thoughts

I played Beyblade for a solid hour or two today. I've spent most of it with RF and mastering Sliding Shoot with the BeyLauncher, which I appear to have down pat. You have to use the BeyLauncher in the straight position as opposed to the sideways position ... as far as I can tell it's impossible to do it sideways (or at least prohibitively difficult). I have a very solid KO rate with Quetzalcoatl 90RF now.

As many people had mentioned, WB is simply too mobile to use for Defense ... it spends too much time at the ridge and is susceptible to KOs. You can alleviate this by using less shot power, which actually works quite well as it also reduces recoil. It drastically reduces Stamina, but that's not incredibly important.

C145 works a lot better than WD145 for Defense ... in fact, WD145 is surprisingly awful. It simply has too many openings; the gaps in between wings and the space between the wings and the Wheel are major weak points.

Will do a video on the BeyLauncher next week, complete with Sliding Shoot demo.
That's a lot of faces Anubis ... I wish I had that many xD, I really need to learn the Sliding shoot but I'm getting better at it then I was before thats for sure.
^^ Cheered me up a little. Unsmith I'll probably do something similiar when I get home, sounds fun.

I need to experiment more with the BeyLauncher. I haven't used it in the sideways position all that much. And I wanna play around with Flame, C145, SF, Virgo, WB, RF, etc, etc. Actually there's loads I wanna do. ^^;
(Jun. 03, 2009  6:42 PM)jsc Wrote: I wish Aries wasn't my sign...because I'll never have one Tired

Haha, same. I wan't one, or just the face, simply for the novelty.

EDIT: Ooo look, I have faces now.

*looks at Anubis*

brad i mastered the sliding shoot with the beylauncher but still if i pull it sideway it always gives me more power. so i believe doing the sliding shoot will always reduse the power of the shot.. right?
If you do it correctly there should be no compromise of power. You'll get the same RPM, the blade will just move in the specific shape....
thats with the light launcher. but with the beylauncher i am not getting the same power Confused
maybe training will fix the problem.
(Jun. 04, 2009  2:44 PM)pegasis Wrote: brad i mastered the sliding shoot with the beylauncher but still if i pull it sideway it always gives me more power. so i believe doing the sliding shoot will always reduse the power of the shot.. right?

Do you really think it would be such a popular shooting technique if you lost power? obviously you havnt mastered it so well lol, practise practise practise.
They may be used differently but the launchers work in essentially the same way. There's not reason why the BeyLauncher would magically give you less power. I think you answered your own problem....
(Jun. 04, 2009  2:44 PM)pegasis Wrote: brad i mastered the sliding shoot with the beylauncher but still if i pull it sideway it always gives me more power. so i believe doing the sliding shoot will always reduse the power of the shot.. right?

I think you may be using the term "mastered" loosely, then. If there was any power difference, it wasn't noticeable. Either way ... power is useless if you can't control it.
I just battled "Mad Wolf DF145FS" against "Wind Pegasis 105RF"

when two light wheels battle, it sounds like ping pong balls being hit around.
(Jun. 04, 2009  8:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I played Beyblade for a solid hour or two today. I've spent most of it with RF and mastering Sliding Shoot with the BeyLauncher, which I appear to have down pat. You have to use the BeyLauncher in the straight position as opposed to the sideways position ... as far as I can tell it's impossible to do it sideways (or at least prohibitively difficult). I have a very solid KO rate with Quetzalcoatl 90RF now.

As many people had mentioned, WB is simply too mobile to use for Defense ... it spends too much time at the ridge and is susceptible to KOs. You can alleviate this by using less shot power, which actually works quite well as it also reduces recoil. It drastically reduces Stamina, but that's not incredibly important.

C145 works a lot better than WD145 for Defense ... in fact, WD145 is surprisingly awful. It simply has too many openings; the gaps in between wings and the space between the wings and the Wheel are major weak points.

Will do a video on the BeyLauncher next week, complete with Sliding Shoot demo.

This is what I have been doing recently to get sliding shoot to work. There is however a bit of a trade off with power. Sideways is still the method of choice for me for Defense and endurance since I can squeeze some more power.
just wanted to say that some of my first MFBs came today XD...and by today i mean several hours before "today"...

L Drago and the stamina/defensive reshuffle set

and the attack reshuffle should be here soon GrinDD (except now i only have 1 launcher and its in left spin... so i can really only play around with ldrago) haha
Rock 105B seems to hold up pretty well against Storm105RF, a weaker launch with Rock seeming to be the better option, since it stays in the center of the stadium easier. I was trying it with a harder launch, and it seemed to get a lot more movement, making it easier for Storm105RF to knock out.
You guys remember the different tips between the Hasbro Driger V and the Takara one? Well I just found out that Takara has both sharp and semi-sharp/flat tips as well... unless I just never knew Lips_sealed
Is it me or does leone look a lot like a draciel beyblade..
Yeah, we've heard that loads of times. What's your point? (@ Ghost)

G, I had always thought it was only hasbro, so that's interesting that it is actually both Takara and Hasbro Driger V's that have both tips. How'd you find out? Did you just get the Takara one?
Two of my Driger Vs had stickers that were peeling so I reapplied them on and noticed that one was pointer. I forgot which RBs they came from, but one is yellow and the other is green.
Ahhh, well that's definitely interesting. Dunno if anyone else had known about it, though. I certainly didn't.
(Jun. 05, 2009  5:54 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Yeah, we've heard that loads of times. What's your point? (@ Ghost)

G, I had always thought it was only hasbro, so that's interesting that it is actually both Takara and Hasbro Driger V's that have both tips. How'd you find out? Did you just get the Takara one?

Well I hadn't seen any talk about it before.. So I figured either I'm seeing things or people aren't seeing things..
(Jun. 05, 2009  7:58 PM)pegasis Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WIeFA7YcIU
0:12 is upper attack?

Yes.
im new with the metal fight beyblade, can anyone tell me a good website to goto to buy some.
Use the marketplace thread, there are multiple posts there, telling you the best places and things to buy...
(Jun. 05, 2009  8:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes.

Is it reliable Upper Attack?