Beyblade Random Thoughts

Bakuten took off more during the V and V2 series though, right?
seeing as how odin is OP, i wonder if there ever will be a way to counter it consistently.
i wonder if upper attack will be able to do anything against it.
(Jun. 21, 2016  4:09 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, worldwide. So yes, now people can finally stop saying that Bakuten Shoot Beyblade sold more overall hah... The proportion Japan-world is most likely the same in both eras, or even higher worldwide for Metal Fight Beyblade.

The reason I thought this was because for me, Plastics were a big thing and were sold everywhere, along with lots and lots of imitations based off plastics, and it seems the stores were making a bigger deal out of them for me. The Metal Saga I swear isn't mentioned as much from where I live and it performed miserably compared to Plastics in the UK, though the numbers you gave say otherwise or that other countries sold them better.
(Jun. 21, 2016  6:38 PM)Jinbee Wrote: The reason I thought this was because for me, Plastics were a big thing and were sold everywhere, along with lots and lots of imitations based off plastics, and it seems the stores were making a bigger deal out of them for me. The Metal Saga I swear isn't mentioned as much from where I live and it performed miserably compared to Plastics in the UK, though the numbers you gave say otherwise or that other countries sold them better.

What makes you say so?
(Jun. 21, 2016  7:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2016  6:38 PM)Jinbee Wrote: The reason I thought this was because for me, Plastics were a big thing and were sold everywhere, along with lots and lots of imitations based off plastics, and it seems the stores were making a bigger deal out of them for me. The Metal Saga I swear isn't mentioned as much from where I live and it performed miserably compared to Plastics in the UK, though the numbers you gave say otherwise or that other countries sold them better.

What makes you say so?

For me at least, Plastics were in Toys R Us and any supermarkets pretty consistently until the later of G-Revolution, but there were still some Beyblades then in the big stores. For Metal Saga, Metal Fusion seemed successful as it appeared in a lot of places, including large supermarkets and Toys R Us, then Metal Masters hit, the first three were on shelves seemingly consistently, but for the later waves, Toys R Us was extremely slow with it and some didn't even have them at all, only a shop called The Entertainers at the time had the new Metal Masters stuff, and other supermarkets would catch up soon enough. However, when Metal Fury was around, I could not find them anywhere at all, the only places I found them is at one of them bargains store or stores like TKMaxx, which I find inconsistent. I only ever saw the first wave of Metal Fury apart from Ionis and Fox, after that I could never find any Metal Fury at all. A few months have passed and Sparks FX were actually released in the larger supermarkets, to my dismay as I greatly disliked most of Sparks FX, but I, and possibly in the UK in general only got the non 4D Beyblades, and Sparks FX hung on for a while and we seemed to never get anything else since we never got the 4D Sparks FX. I remember seeing a youtube video with a few people who found Shogun Steel and unfortunately, that was the only place at the time that I saw them in, and they never lasted very long in that place, it was only the first wave as well. After that, there was a major hiatus on new releases, and there was barely anything beyblade related apart from those god awful spin offs and XTS, the remains were Metal Masters stuff because I swear these were overly mass produced, they were mostly going for cheap and in bargain bins, this was around 2013-2014. In late 2015, I finally saw some next wave of Shogun Steel and the non 4D Legends in one store, "The Entertainers" which in my areas still has a few of them to this day which is why I saw my first and only Ronin Dragoon in my stores, ever, Toys R Us has some Legends 2 pack which I thankfully got every one there was of, but were gone in a month or two. As well as the inconsistency I ran into my stores stock if Beyblades, we straight out missed some good series, most Beyblade related stuff we got are the unpopular spin offs and XTS which most are going n £1 stores, and some things we eventually got took until 2015-2016 which is extremely late, and were sold for cheap too, and at that time, No one who has no knowledge on Burst really cares about Beyblade, although I hope Burst will do better.

I won't deny that The Metal Saga did really well worldwide, it just seemed to not catch on as much in the UK, or at least the places I checked, and I have checked London as well. I apologise for the long post.

EDIT: I should bring up that for my area, Plastics sold like hotcakes regardless if it was the regular price or if it became cheaper, and when I say I saw loads, I think Beyblades had a higher demand and they sold not long after, for Metal Saga, there wasn't as much kids who seemed to buy them and even with the small amount of them, they haven't really sold that much.
But the United Kingdom just seems to have been the victim of very horrible organisation, and it might be that your area really did sell less than others in the United Kingdom.

Here is what I had written for the Beyblade World Championships 2012, concerning the qualifiers:
Quote:United Kingdom: One qualifier was organised but its advertisement was mediocre, so a very poor number of UK Bladers were aware of it, making a lot of potential champions miss their chance entirely.

In my opinion, Hasbro UK did a bad job with Metal Fight Beyblade, quite simply.
Okay but to be fair the shops not getting the items could have been completely Hasbro's fault. Also where I am Shogun Steel was around for a while and still continues to hang around like a ghost that won't vacate the shops. For me at least (and other areas i'm sure) Legends was around in my area incredibly briefly and then disappeared and Shogun Steel was all the that was left. To me that seems like it was quite popular or hasbro stuffed it up or both.
(Jun. 21, 2016  9:38 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay but to be fair the shops not getting the items could have been completely Hasbro's fault. Also where I am Shogun Steel was around for a while and still continues to hang around like a ghost that won't vacate the shops. For me at least (and other areas i'm sure) Legends was around in my area incredibly briefly and then disappeared and Shogun Steel was all the that was left. To me that seems like it was quite popular or hasbro stuffed it up or both.

Metal Masters was either popular or that they mass produced to hell, because they were the most common for their time and lasted the longest. Only one TheEntertainers has any Legends, as another one I go to doesn't, but both have Shogun Steel and still have them, before when they were supposed to be released, it was rarer and more obscure but now there are lots more in TheEntertainers and still exist now, although now I don't want them since I've got all of them, and their F230 is worthless.
(Jun. 21, 2016  3:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So the official numbers for sales of the first and second generations of Beyblades are:

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: 160 million units
Metal Fight Beyblade: 190 million units

Therefore, undoubtedly Metal Fight Beyblade sold more. However, it did have four seasons, so is possibly 30 million units, or even less, for Zero-G that good?

Very interesting. And kind of expected, to be honest. Source?
Trendy Nikkei or something like that. Why?
Failed to find these numbers myself, recently. Will revise my search. Thanks for the tip!
(Jun. 21, 2016  9:38 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay but to be fair the shops not getting the items could have been completely Hasbro's fault. Also where I am Shogun Steel was around for a while and still continues to hang around like a ghost that won't vacate the shops. For me at least (and other areas i'm sure) Legends was around in my area incredibly briefly and then disappeared and Shogun Steel was all the that was left. To me that seems like it was quite popular or hasbro stuffed it up or both.

From what I can tell, shops struggled to sell some of the early MFB here so didn't properly commit to the more exciting later waves.

As for scarcity of beyblades, that's nothing unique to MFB. Plastics were constantly and I mean constantly understocked and sold out in my area. I'd save up my pocket money for them and then, about 2 thirds of the time, it came down to buying fakes because the real thing just wasn't available.
After not using this place in like 3 years i'm sort of back. Here's a random tought for you. It's about a convention where me and my friend are doing a beyblade tournament of sorts. However,we made our personal twist into it. So our "gimmick" for this tournament is that the first rounds,losers bracket,semifinals and the final will be each played with a diffirent generation of beyblades. The first round and losers bracket will be played with MFB,semifinals with plastics and the final with Burst. Each player receives a borrowed beyblade for each round they play in. (In the finale,the players can customize a burst combo) This choice of borrowing beyblades was made by us due to the following reason,and trust me when i say this,there are literally no competitive beyblade players in the finnish convention scene. And even less people who actually own beyblades in the first place. This tournament is intended mostly getting people intrested in the game and teaching the basics of the game while at it. Our amount of entrants is 8 and the tournament will be a double elimination. Will probably post footage of the tournament in an appopriate thread when the convention is finished. The beyblades that will be borrowed for the first and second round are balanced by me. The convention is called Animecon and it takes place in my hometown,Jyväskylä. I'm also pretty amazed that the convention actually sponsored prizes for us. I will listen to toughts about this completely nonsensical tournament type that will actually take place in like 2 weeks.
Scored a valkyrie layer in one of my random boosters and now I'm too afraid to put it on anything ;__;
(Jun. 22, 2016  2:41 PM)Taomon Wrote: After not using this place in like 3 years i'm sort of back. Here's a random tought for you. It's about a convention where me and my friend are doing a beyblade tournament of sorts. However,we made our personal twist into it. So our "gimmick" for this tournament is that the first rounds,losers bracket,semifinals and the final will be each played with a diffirent generation of beyblades. The first round and losers bracket will be played with MFB,semifinals with plastics and the final with Burst. Each player receives a borrowed beyblade for each round they play in. (In the finale,the players can customize a burst combo) This choice of borrowing beyblades was made by us due to the following reason,and trust me when i say this,there are literally no competitive beyblade players in the finnish convention scene. And even less people who actually own beyblades in the first place. This tournament is intended mostly getting people intrested in the game and teaching the basics of the game while at it. Our amount of entrants is 8 and the tournament will be a double elimination. Will probably post footage of the tournament in an appopriate thread when the convention is finished. The beyblades that will be borrowed for the first and second round are balanced by me. The convention is called Animecon and it takes place in my hometown,Jyväskylä. I'm also pretty amazed that the convention actually sponsored prizes for us. I will listen to toughts about this completely nonsensical tournament type that will actually take place in like 2 weeks.

If you don't have any serious players around you, a format where you have to use every single system seems like a strange idea. Why not just focus on one system?
Just realized i liked MFB Metal Masters (English Dub) more than English sub.... I feel weird now.
That probably belongs in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Random Thoughts topic more, but I can somewhat understand: at least the Metal Fight Beyblade dub was quite close to the original.
(Jun. 23, 2016  2:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2016  2:41 PM)Taomon Wrote: After not using this place in like 3 years i'm sort of back. Here's a random tought for you. It's about a convention where me and my friend are doing a beyblade tournament of sorts. However,we made our personal twist into it. So our "gimmick" for this tournament is that the first rounds,losers bracket,semifinals and the final will be each played with a diffirent generation of beyblades. The first round and losers bracket will be played with MFB,semifinals with plastics and the final with Burst. Each player receives a borrowed beyblade for each round they play in. (In the finale,the players can customize a burst combo) This choice of borrowing beyblades was made by us due to the following reason,and trust me when i say this,there are literally no competitive beyblade players in the finnish convention scene. And even less people who actually own beyblades in the first place. This tournament is intended mostly getting people intrested in the game and teaching the basics of the game while at it. Our amount of entrants is 8 and the tournament will be a double elimination. Will probably post footage of the tournament in an appopriate thread when the convention is finished. The beyblades that will be borrowed for the first and second round are balanced by me. The convention is called Animecon and it takes place in my hometown,Jyväskylä. I'm also pretty amazed that the convention actually sponsored prizes for us. I will listen to toughts about this completely nonsensical tournament type that will actually take place in like 2 weeks.

If you don't have any serious players around you, a format where you have to use every single system seems like a strange idea. Why not just focus on one system?

We did this format because we wanted to expiriment how this type of tournament plays out. If our participants had people with legitimate competitive play intrest we would have canceled this idea.
(Jun. 22, 2016  10:31 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:

From what I can tell, shops struggled to sell some of the early MFB here so didn't properly commit to the more exciting later waves.

As for scarcity of beyblades, that's nothing unique to MFB. Plastics were constantly and I mean constantly understocked and sold out in my area. I'd save up my pocket money for them and then, about 2 thirds of the time, it came down to buying fakes because the real thing just wasn't available.

My area seemed to have a comfortable amount of Plastics, and many of my friends seem to have them as kids too, so maybe my area got lucky with the plastic stocks.
(Jun. 23, 2016  1:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That probably belongs in the Beyblade Anime and Manga Random Thoughts topic more, but I can somewhat understand: at least the Metal Fight Beyblade dub was quite close to the original.
Sorry, But yes it was, They did a pretty okay job in lip syncing as well. And i just really like their voices in the dub more than the original.
I've started a list to keep track of bey-related stuff I eventually want to buy when/if ever I become gainfully employed. Ah, window shopping.

I've even colour coded it by priority

[Image: Qbn8Suz.png]
B-39 is better than the long winder in power?

I do the same even when I have a job lol
Going off of what I've read, it seems like the launch power of both launchers are comparable enough to the point where they're both equally viable competitive options, but I think the Beylauncher has a slightly higher max rpm.

I've always sworn by the beylauncher, but they had to go and make the long winder look so goddamn cool that now even I'm not 100% set on which I'd rather use.
But one main difference between them is that the BeyLauncher seems to break easier. On that note, I currently am left with only 1 BeyLauncher, which I have to fix since it's making an irritable (and unsettling) noise. ;_;
Do you know what's wrong with it? I can't recall the amount of times I had to open up my old MFB beylaunchers because something went awry. One time, as soon as I'd separated the casing, the spring coil jumped out at me. It took a while, but I was able to cram it back into its small plastic casing, delaying the death of that launcher by a significant amount.

This hobby can be quite fun if you like to tinker, haha.