Beyblade Random Thoughts

Decided that if I'm goin to do YT videos I'll make actual reviews and not just unboxings that make up 85% of beyblade YT videos (the other 10% being battle videos, and the last 5% being pure giveaways). I chose Big Bang Pegasus as my first review and I just finished writing the script. 4 long pages. But it should be the longest one what with all the mode changes, so the rest should be easier. Eventually I'll get to Burst (probably should've started with Burst, but wasn't a fan of it until recently)
i wonder if TT will every launch a launcher with bearings
What I want is a Launcher Grip shaped like a potato musher. I honestly do not understand why we would ever hold something on the side when your grip is so much more stable when your fist actually follows the natural orientation of your arm. Sideways is just bound to move when ripping the winder or string out. With Burst stadium covers too, it would be way more convenient because there is no room for you to really place your Launcher Grip comfortably inside the play area.
(Jun. 16, 2016  8:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What I want is a Launcher Grip shaped like a potato musher. I honestly do not understand why we would ever hold something on the side when your grip is so much more stable when your fist actually follows the natural orientation of your arm. Sideways is just bound to move when ripping the winder or string out. With Burst stadium covers too, it would be way more convenient because there is no room for you to really place your Launcher Grip comfortably inside the play area.

This sounds so difficult to use to me lol
It is the same principle as joysticks hah. It makes no sense to put them on the side or to make players hold the controller sideways.
(Jun. 16, 2016  8:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is the same principle as joysticks hah. It makes no sense to put them on the side or to make players hold the controller sideways.

Joysticks are held in place by placing them on your lap or on a solid surface, though.

Wouldn't a Zero-G-esque launcher work better for this?
(Jun. 16, 2016  8:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What I want is a Launcher Grip shaped like a potato musher. I honestly do not understand why we would ever hold something on the side when your grip is so much more stable when your fist actually follows the natural orientation of your arm. Sideways is just bound to move when ripping the winder or string out. With Burst stadium covers too, it would be way more convenient because there is no room for you to really place your Launcher Grip comfortably inside the play area.

Something like this, maybe?

[Image: adaraxx-laser-spinning-top-400x400-imae4...c9zwp.jpeg]

I feel like being able to hold it off to the side especially with a grip/beylogger piece makes it easier to do shooting techniques. Plus, having the launcher bit offset allows you the options of pulling the cord/string either back towards you, or out to the side. If you were to have a centralized launcher (where one fist is more or less directly above the other in launching position) your shoulders are in a less relaxed position, and if you try to launch by pulling back, you'll likely smack yourself in the chest.

Also, when trying to angle your launch, it's much more natural to rotate your hand up and down about your wrist when your knuckles are horizontal (purring cat style) than it is with knuckles vertical (joystick style).

If you were to say, make a centralized launcher that looks like a T shaped corkscrew, then yes, you can move your hand naturally, but the centre of gravity is now off (the weight of the bey is fighting against your hand trying to hold the angle)

anyway, I've been alone in my room miming this for a while, and I feel silly, so I'm going to go for a walk.
Please don't quote such old posts; it's from 2009. Also, there has been some WBO comics.
Asterisk, I have no idea what that thing is hah. There should certainly not be anything T-shaped at the top.

Ah right, I forgot that I could do greater adduction with my wrists than most people. I cannot remember what Kuznetsov had told me it was on Ty Kamara...
(Jun. 16, 2016  8:04 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

This sounds so difficult to use to me lol

Wouldn't that be the design of Battle Strikers launchers, minus the electronics?

I was confused at first, because I don't think I've ever used a potato masher for anything other than making pancakes. I was imagining a hand mixer, thinking "I hold that sideways."
(Jun. 16, 2016  9:09 PM)Nocto Wrote: Wouldn't that be the design of Battle Strikers launchers, minus the electronics?

Yeah, but you don't need to pull anything out of it, just press a trigger and flick your wrist. I feel like pulling a winder out of a launcher like this would feel awkward, but I dunno.

Hm, I could probably do something about that... Tongue_out
I assume by potato masher grip, you mean a vertically held grip with the launcher on the bottom of it? Certainly easy to design, may give it a go sometime.
Exactly, just perpendicular from the winder essentially hah. Too bad it would be illegal to use in tournaments unless it gets officially produced though.
I modified a Fly Wheels launcher into something like what you guys are discussing, but to be honest, launching with it is pretty awkward.

[Image: p4adNEG.jpg]

Been sitting on this pic for close to two years, lol. Kinda surprised I hadn't already posted about it in the Illegal Mods thread.
Is it stronger than beylaunchers? Cool modification though.
Ehh, not really, but I think that's more due to me being unable to hold it steady like a joystick while pulling out its enormous ripcord. In the end, I have to hold it like a regular launcher grip setup, but with my hand turned upside down. It's really not that bad of a launcher, but it's terribly uncomfortable to hold.
(Jun. 17, 2016  6:31 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Ehh, not really, but I think that's more due to me being unable to hold it steady like a joystick while pulling out its enormous ripcord. In the end, I have to hold it like a regular launcher grip setup, but with my hand turned upside down. It's really not that bad of a launcher, but it's terribly uncomfortable to hold.
Yeah. It could be really good if it's design is like MFB's launchers. But that's how the original Fly Wheels Launcher is right?
I do not know if anybody cares about Duel Masters here, but as one of TAKARA-TOMY's strong brands, they are going to hold special collaboration events in July and August where a special Beyblade BurstxDuel Masters card will be available. On Beyblade Burst's side, all it got was some slightly different sticker sheets for Victory Valkyrie, and Storm Spriggan I think...

http://dm.takaratomy.co.jp/event/hobbybattle/
if I remember well there is a Xeno Xcalibur Sticker on it as well

(Jun. 20, 2016  4:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know if anybody cares about Duel Masters here, but as one of TAKARA-TOMY's strong brands, they are going to hold special collaboration events in July and August where a special Beyblade BurstxDuel Masters card will be available. On Beyblade Burst's side, all it got was some slightly different sticker sheets for Victory Valkyrie, and Storm Spriggan I think...

http://dm.takaratomy.co.jp/event/hobbybattle/

After check, the stickers sheet is for Victory Valkyrie & Xeno Xcalibur
Ah yes, I knew there were two Beyblades but I was going by memory hah.
So the official numbers for sales of the first and second generations of Beyblades are:

Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: 160 million units
Metal Fight Beyblade: 190 million units

Therefore, undoubtedly Metal Fight Beyblade sold more. However, it did have four seasons, so is possibly 30 million units, or even less, for Zero-G that good?
So this is just for Japan I'm assuming? Because I swear Bakuten Shoot Beyblade sold way better outside of Japan.
No, worldwide. So yes, now people can finally stop saying that Bakuten Shoot Beyblade sold more overall hah... The proportion Japan-world is most likely the same in both eras, or even higher worldwide for Metal Fight Beyblade.