Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 30, 2016  8:45 PM)juncction Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2016  6:38 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2016  5:26 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Mine is broken as well. Hope somebody with a 3D printer would eventually print and sell some.

Give me a Rev Up launcher and I could see what I can do about it Grin
Shame that gear parts break and that launchers wear out so easily...

Can 3D printed parts actually withstand the torque/wear experienced in beyblade launchers?

Depends on the material printed. Nylon would withstand daily use easily, but its notorious for being difficult to print properly. TPU is a rubber like plastic, but when solid (no hollow) its super tough and can't be sliced with sharp knives easily. The standard PLA and ABS probably won't withstand the wear of being used in launchers sadly.
Answer: Yes. Just depends on material.
(Apr. 29, 2016  4:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The colo-coded stadium and how many points you get is quite awesome, it is like playing darts but with where the burst parts land hah. Here is a picture from Ameba:

Hahaha, this is amazing.
Still though... has anyone ever risked their Victory Valkyrie against another attack type in a tornado beystadium?
Does anyone else ever feel SUPER SORE after Beyblade tournaments or am I just old and also a noodle? I can always feel it so much in my legs and back the next day!
(May. 02, 2016  11:43 PM)cadney Wrote: Does anyone else ever feel SUPER SORE after Beyblade tournaments or am I just old and also a noodle? I can always feel it so much in my legs and back the next day!

Me too, but I'm also an old noodle.
(May. 03, 2016  12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 02, 2016  11:43 PM)cadney Wrote: Does anyone else ever feel SUPER SORE after Beyblade tournaments or am I just old and also a noodle? I can always feel it so much in my legs and back the next day!

Me too, but I'm also an old noodle.

Not so much sore, but I've come back from tournaments with hurt knuckles and once with a scar. A string launcher handle cut one of my knuckles during my match with @[ClaraM] for 3rd place. I think the beyblade gods took my blood sacrifice and gifted me the win, but it just bled for a while and wasn't cool. Grin
(May. 03, 2016  12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Me too, but I'm also an old noodle.

> A Beyblade team called "Old Noodles"

(May. 03, 2016  12:17 AM)Manicben Wrote: Not so much sore, but I've come back from tournaments with hurt knuckles and once with a scar. A string launcher handle cut one of my knuckles during my match with @[ClaraM] for 3rd place. I think the beyblade gods took my blood sacrifice and gifted me the win, but it just bled for a while and wasn't cool. Grin

Haha~ what a fun story! Even if it does involve blood. I've been nailed by a string launcher before on the knuckles while practicing with @[Kei] and I had scars on my hands for awhile. It's not fun!
i was messing about with F230CF, and then i looked at rock bison and wolborg 4. during this moment i wondered how the LAD would have been if their engine gears were completing free spinning with bearings.

would the "engine gears" have been as broken as the F230CF/GCF?

if anyone has a broken rock bison or wolborg 4 EG, take the gears out and put some bearings on the shaft, to test out its LAD. i say broken because i don't think anyone would purposefully break a beyblade part for a mod.
(May. 03, 2016  2:20 AM)cadney Wrote:
(May. 03, 2016  12:17 AM)Manicben Wrote: Not so much sore, but I've come back from tournaments with hurt knuckles and once with a scar. A string launcher handle cut one of my knuckles during my match with @[ClaraM] for 3rd place. I think the beyblade gods took my blood sacrifice and gifted me the win, but it just bled for a while and wasn't cool. Grin

Haha~ what a fun story! Even if it does involve blood. I've been nailed by a string launcher before on the knuckles while practicing with @[Kei] and I had scars on my hands for awhile. It's not fun!

The Kai-V glove~
(May. 03, 2016  2:20 AM)cadney Wrote: Haha~ what a fun story! Even if it does involve blood. I've been nailed by a string launcher before on the knuckles while practicing with @[Kei] and I had scars on my hands for awhile. It's not fun!

Using the Shoot Support Rubber really helps to prevent this!

If there's no padding on the concrete we usually play on my knees really feel it.
I would assume hasbro will rename some of the parts in beyblade burst,here are my predictions

Evileye=Enigma (for censoring reasons)
Armed=Armo(u)r (for censoring reasons in some countries)
Variable=Velocity(To make it sound like an upgrade of Accel)
Press=Protect (To make it sound like an upgrade of Defence)
Revolve=Revive (To make it sound like an upgrade of Survive)
Jaggy=Jagged (because Jaggy isn't a real word,While Jagged is)

Unlikely renames:
Kerbeus=Kerberos
Minoboros=Minotaurus
(both for proper naming)
"Jagged" is the only thing on that list that I might sincerely expect.
(May. 04, 2016  12:43 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Evileye=Enigma (for censoring reasons)

Hasbro has the rights over wizards (who mades D&D) if it was brave enough to change the word to Behoulder would be awesome (I know this is almost impossible)
Changing to "Beholder" would mess with the lettering scheme further down the line. Not that Hasbro has shown any regard for such issues in the past.

Velocity does not sound like an upgrade to Accel. Given that veloctity = rate of change of distance and acceleration = rate of change of velocity, Velocity would be a downgrade if anything.
(May. 05, 2016  12:11 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Changing to "Beholder" would mess with the lettering scheme further down the line. Not that Hasbro has shown any regard for such issues in the past.

That's why I said it's almost impossible :D
Unless they do the stupid thing and call it "Ebeholder"
What exactly is the issue with Evileye anyway? Purely that it is used in another IP?
I don't think there's any issue and I doubt it will be changed.
(May. 05, 2016  3:20 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: What exactly is the issue with Evileye anyway? Purely that it is used in another IP?

i said it was for censoring,some countries have a taboo on the word evil and it's associations in kids stuff

(May. 05, 2016  12:11 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Velocity does not sound like an upgrade to Accel. Given that veloctity = rate of change of distance and acceleration = rate of change of velocity, Velocity would be a downgrade if anything.

do you think that most kids know physics,they don't.the reason i said it was because it had to do with speed and fit the V lettering.

also isn't Variable a downgrade? i mean really it is literally worse than accel in most situations.
(might be wrong though)
[Image: f3xtft.jpg]

Man I have a cruel sense of humour, my K2 didn't really break.
(May. 05, 2016  7:59 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: do you think that most kids know physics,they don't.the reason i said it was because it had to do with speed and fit the V lettering.

Do you think most kids know the word "Velocity"?
Hm. Interesting naming concepts, but again hoping hasbro doesn't change too much when they bring over burst. What I'm still interested to see are their stadiums. Will they be jank and unfair *coughcough Metal Saga and that triple battle set..* or somewhat decent? Heck, if they just give us the TT stadium repainted with the anime's design then I'd throw my money at it haha.
(May. 05, 2016  7:59 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: [quote='~Mana~' pid='1323910' dateline='1462414850']
What exactly is the issue with Evileye anyway? Purely that it is used in another IP?

i said it was for censoring,some countries have a taboo on the word evil and it's associations in kids stuff

That didn't stop Hasbro from calling Killer "Evil".